Pat Robertson: let God judge trans people

Pat Robertson: let God judge trans people

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
11 Apr 23

@suzianne said
I believe he calls himself Christian.

And you do too. Is declaring who is and who isn't a Christian an important part of your faith in action?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Apr 23

@fmf said
Do you believe people are saved by Grace because Jesus died on the cross for all mankind? In his case, do you believe Paterson is saved by his faith and by faith alone?
That's altogether a different thing than just calling oneself Christian and calling it a day.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Apr 23

@fmf said

And you do too. Is declaring who is and who isn't a Christian an important part of your faith in action?
Do you know the difference between 'talking the talk' and 'walking the walk'?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Apr 23

@fmf said

One. More. Time.

Declaring anything is fairly useless unless you back it up with action.

F

Moves
11 Apr 23

@suzianne said
Is publicly declaring who you think is - and who isn't - "walking the walk" in their Christian life ~ and insisting that your political opponents "cannot be followers of Jesus" ~ an important part of your faith in action?

F

Moves
11 Apr 23

@suzianne said
That's altogether a different thing than just calling oneself Christian and calling it a day.
In the post you are purportedly replying to, I am not asking you whether he calls himself a Christian. I am asking you if you believe people - like you and Robertson for example - are saved by Grace because Jesus died on the cross for all mankind; that is to say, saved by his faith and by faith alone?

F

Moves
11 Apr 23

@suzianne said
Declaring anything is fairly useless unless you back it up with action.
"Declaring" something aside, according to your Christian beliefs, are people "saved" by their faith?

F

Moves
11 Apr 23

@suzianne said
Hasn't Roberston ~ while being a "sinner" like every other Christian ~ used his fame and fortune to channel umpteen tens of millions of dollars into charitable works ~ medical care, feeding hungry people, helping refugees etc. ~ especially in the developing world?

F

Moves
13 Apr 23

@Suzianne
Have you taken flight?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Apr 23

@fmf said
@Suzianne
Have you taken flight?
All of these supposed well-thought-out posts simply side-step my point, in one way or another, a technique you've no doubt honed through many such "interactions" in this forum, and are thus not worth answering in either direction. You post in bad faith. Clearly we can't have this conversation.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Apr 23

@FMF

"Declaring anything is fairly useless unless you back it up with action."

How is this not clear to you?

F

Moves
15 Apr 23

@suzianne said
All of these supposed well-thought-out posts simply side-step my point, in one way or another, a technique you've no doubt honed through many such "interactions" in this forum, and are thus not worth answering in either direction. You post in bad faith. Clearly we can't have this conversation.
Blimey. What a dodge.

F

Moves
15 Apr 23

@suzianne said
"Declaring anything is fairly useless unless you back it up with action."

How is this not clear to you?
Yes, but hasn't Roberston ~ while being a "sinner" like every other Christian ~ used his fame and fortune to channel umpteen tens of millions of dollars into charitable works ~ medical care, feeding hungry people, helping refugees etc. ~ especially in the developing world?