1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Dec '13 13:31
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Which is exactly what I've heard about your god.

Except "for his own ends" is changed to "purpose"
    So He never usurped man's free will but instead gave the first man a choice.

He told Adam the truth.
    He warned Adam that a wrong choice would not be to Adam's advantage. He would die.
    He did not coerce Adam against his will.

Sure, a great God has a great purpose.
    But he did not create Adam a robot that could not resist His purpose.

But that's alright. I am sure you find something else to blame God for.
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Dec '13 13:47
    Originally posted by sonship
    So He never usurped man's free will but instead gave the first man a choice.

He told Adam the truth.
    He warned Adam that a wrong choice would not be to Adam's advantage. He would die.
    He did not coerce Adam against his will.

Sure, a great God has a great purpose.
    But he did not create Adam a robot that could not resist His purpose.

But that's alright. I am sure you find something else to blame God for.
    would all other humans, if put in adams place make the same decision?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Dec '13 16:392 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    How many times do I have to tell you?

This isn't a kickball game, we don't have to pick sides. The truth is somewhere in-between.
    To a Samaritan woman Jesus Christ said: “The hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.” (Joh 4:23, 24)

How can the "truth" or the true way of worship that God is looking for and accepts be somwhere in the middle? The middle of what? A selection of untruths?
    A truth is 100% true and unadultreded and anything else even 99% true is still not truth.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Dec '13 20:23
    Originally posted by galveston75
    To a Samaritan woman Jesus Christ said: “The hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.” (Joh 4:23, 24)

How can the "truth" or the true way of ...[text shortened]... ths?
    A truth is 100% true and unadultreded and anything else even 99% true is still not truth.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Dec '13 21:37
    Originally posted by galveston75
    This gets the prize for ironic statement of the month.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Dec '13 23:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This gets the prize for ironic statement of the month.
    I was thinking the same about yours. What is ironic about truth? Either something is 100% true or it's not.
    That's why scriptures make it clear as to god's viewpiont on worshipping him with "TRUTH" and not some form of a "luke warm" substitute belief that is peppered with man made doctrines and that tickles the ears.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree