1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    07 Oct '08 09:49
    It's amusing to read all these self professed experts trying to use logic, reason, math etc. to justify there silly views of Christianity.
    Christianity is FAITH based. It does not deal in logic, nor is it designed to! As Jesus said to Thomas who saw the nail marks in his hands. "You see, and yet believe. Blessed are those who do not see, and yet believe" If you don't buy the Christian story, fine! But don't try to slam Christianity by your so called use of "reason". It does not work, and it sounds rather childish.
    😏
  2. England
    Moves
    07 Oct '08 11:01
    wrong billy7 tho you are close they test our faith by there points, its up to us to seek the knowledge, if they say something and have a point seek out the answer. plus if the knowledge is true then its our failing to understand, from maths to science, remember they excamunicated Galilao [think thats how you spell his name] for saying the truth. we should not repeat the same mistake.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Oct '08 11:23
    Originally posted by bill718
    It's amusing to read all these self professed experts trying to use logic, reason, math etc. to justify there silly views of Christianity.
    Christianity is FAITH based. It does not deal in logic, nor is it designed to! As Jesus said to Thomas who saw the nail marks in his hands. "You see, and yet believe. Blessed are those who do not see, and yet believe" If ...[text shortened]... y by your so called use of "reason". It does not work, and it sounds rather childish.
    😏
    Look more carefully and you will find a whole lot of Christians trying to justify their views via and attempt at reason and logic.
    If the Christian story is illogical, then why should I not point that out? If someone believes something illogical, then why am I wrong to point it out to him? Why does that sound childish to you?
  4. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    08 Oct '08 06:27
    Christianity is FAITH based. It does not deal in logic, nor is it designed to! As Jesus said to Thomas who saw the nail marks in his hands. "You see, and yet believe. Blessed are those who do not see, and yet believe" If ...[text shortened]... y by your so called use of "reason". It does not work, and it sounds rather childish.
    😏
    So in the O.T. when God said to someone "Come, let us reason together" would that be before God became a Christian??????????
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '08 08:06
    Originally posted by muppyman
    So in the O.T. when God said to someone "Come, let us reason together" would that be before God became a Christian??????????
    dude where did god said that in the OT. i must have a verse now. give me the verse. now.
  6. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    08 Oct '08 08:34
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    dude where did god said that in the OT. i must have a verse now. give me the verse. now.
    My friend, I am an atheist, not a bible scholar. If you want a verse, I suggest you go to any good library and consult a "Young's Concordance" You won't have any trouble finding at least one example. Or look in Google. In the meantime I will see if I can locate it for you.
  7. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    08 Oct '08 08:48
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Try Isaiah 1: 18. From memory it says something like "Come now and let us reason together saith the Lord. Though your sins be as scarlet they shall be as white as snow, and though they be red as crimson, they shall be like wool. "
  8. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '08 12:23
    Christianity is FAITH based. It does not deal in logic, nor is it designed to!
    Oh dear! What the hell is this vile thing called 'logic'! We must abolish it now!

Never expected to see something like this on a chess site. Gave me some good laughs. Thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree