1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 20:31
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I can't help wondering if the phrase "Planet of Sorrows" was unconsciously influenced by the phrase [b]" a man of sorrows" from Isaiah 53:3 which is a prophesy about Christ the Suffering Servant Messiah.

"He was despised and forsaken of men, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief...." (Isaiah 53 v.3a)

The man of sorrows came to save the planet of sorrows.[/b]
    It's all related.
    But this particular publication - the name which eludes me for now - had no Christian overtones whatsoever.

Conversely many have argued that JC uses much philosophy that he apparently learned in India.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 20:331 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Not really.

In which century [from the dawn of mankind to now] would you rather live, if you could? My answer to that is that is no other than the present one. Thats the view of the realist .. the view that even though we have a long way to go as a people, we have come a long way also and have made drastic improvements in the last century.

As for po ...[text shortened]... childs-play compared to the kind of wars and mass killings that have gone by in centuries past.
    It makes perfect sense to me.
    Call reality for what it is, try to make it better if possible. Even in thought. (Especially in thought some may say)

edit: also if we initiate nuclear war or start some multi-billion person contagion then it could be a return to the past in terms of numbers killed. But yes, I agree, things are getting better in general
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 20:38
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Interesting take on the subject.

You might have heard that the term in the Bible for the last 3.5 years of the Tribulation is "The Great Tribulation", But did you know that the term for the first 3.5 years of the Tribulation is "The Beginning of Sorrows"?

Nice tie-in with your post. Yes, indeed, we are becoming a "Planet of Sorrows". The gap betwe ...[text shortened]... it happening get less and less every year, as the greed and the "love of money" grows in power.
    Thats true as well.
    It has been said that some of the old structures will have to die ... they call them the birth pangs of a new era.
    But I try not to focus on the past or future
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    05 Sep '17 06:29
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    In my way of thinking we are born into this planet with the opportunity to re-connect with our original natures' .
    So there is Sorrow lurking behind every ignorant human action.

Eastern philosophy says to attack the roots and not the branches ,which grow back.
    So that is a holistic idea that employs mindfullness and compassion amongst other thing ...[text shortened]... er.

My answer: I'm a sound-light vibration masquerading as human on this planet at this time.
    Edit: "I dont know anyone who can answer who they are in a satisfactory manner.

My answer: I'm a sound-light vibration masquerading as human on this planet at this time."

If you can answer, you are not there; if you cannot answer, you are not there;
    😵
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Sep '17 21:591 edit
    Originally posted by @black-beetle

My answer: I'm a sound-light vibration masquerading as human on this planet at this time."

😵
    If you dont try to answer,or at least contemplate an answer, your not there
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Sep '17 22:03
    Originally posted by @black-beetle

😵
    Always great to see your tartan ...and your wise words 🙂
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 06:42
    If you dont try to answer,or at least contemplate an answer, your not there
    I bow
    😵
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 06:43
    Always great to see your tartan ...and your wise words 🙂
    Hope you and your boy are good;
    😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree