1. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 21:56
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Why do you keep on using these dubious sites like www.watchmanbiblestudy.com?

Use NASA:
    http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/hubble/hst_xena_20060410.html

The planet is not large at all. It's only slightly larger than Pluto. These gives ZERO credence to the links you posted above in the original post.
    No, YOU are misleading people. If you would've spent the time to read all the articles written by some of the best scientists you would know that. But you didn't did you!? Is that because you are lazy or because you just want to argue?

READ the material (if you can) and then I'll listen to what you might have to say. RIght now you're looking for an easy way out because your fragile ego is at stake.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 22:02
    Originally posted by Arrakis
    No, YOU are misleading people. If you would've spent the time to read all the articles written by some of the best scientists you would know that. But you didn't did you!? Is that because you are lazy or because you just want to argue?

READ the material (if you can) and then I'll listen to what you might have to say. RIght now you're looking for an easy way out because your fragile ego is at stake.
    ZERO substance. Again.
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 22:14
    Lol, Arrakis, you've really lost it this time. Please continue for the lulz.
  4. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 22:291 edit
    I am supplying the latest scientific theories along with factual evidence which does not prove or disprove that planet X is a threat. It's up to you to read about the latest discoveries and draw your own conclusions.

For those people who are interested in the subject:

As of 2001, NASA scientists have publicly admitted that both the Pioneer 10 and 11 sp e the time to read through the data has no business saying it's without substance.
    Since I'm very bored and without much to do I'll try to read more carefuly your posts. I don't promise anything though cause usually I have a very short attention spam to nonsense.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 22:39
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    a very short attention spam to nonsense.
    Lol, nice typo!
  6. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 22:40
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Lol, nice typo!
    lolol
    Do you think I can still pretend I did it on purpose? That way it'll look like I've just made a very witty and deep pun. 😉
  7. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 22:43
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Since I'm very bored and without much to do I'll try to read more carefuly your posts. I don't promise anything though cause usually I have a very short attention spam to nonsense.
    Well I barely managed the the first two videos (I was squirming all along) but then in your third link I came across to this : "The ancient cuneiform texts - some of the earliest known writing, dating back some 6,000 years - told the story of a race of beings called the Anunnaki. The Anunnaki came to Earth from a planet in our solar system called Nibiru, according to the Sumerians via Sitchin. If you've never heard of it, that's because mainstream science does not recognize Nibiru as one of the planets that revolves around our Sun. Yet it is there, claims Sitchin, and its presence holds great importance not only for humankind's past, but our future as well." This is so much nonsense that I won't even try to reason with you about it. You don't know know me but this kind of things just get on my nerves. 😠
  8. Standard memberagryson
    AGW Hitman
    http://xkcd.com/386/
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 00:593 edits
    I am supplying the latest scientific theories along with factual evidence which does not prove or disprove that planet X is a threat. It's up to you to read about the latest discoveries and draw your own conclusions.

As of 2001, NASA scientists have publicly admitted that both the Pioneer 10 and 11 sp e the time to read through the data has no business saying it's without substance.
    Those satellites were on different trajectories and their course with the data currently converted to modern formats didn't change in accordance with a gravity well like the one you're suggesting, they both reacted as if something was happening to the solar gravity well (still lots of speculation, systematic error, modified newtonian gravity, frame pinning etc.) but the point to take away is that the numbers from those satellites does not suggest the presence of a gravity well like the one described. If there were only one satellite, you may have had a case, but the correlated trajectories from the two (which are heading out at different angles to eachother, opposite directions in fact, allowing for such a correlation) gives a constant acceleration towards the SUN of (8.74 ± 1.33) × 10 ^-10 m/s² for both satellites from a certain distance out.
    Despite continued speculation as to what it actually is, another planet it most definitely is not, otherwise the acceleration would not be centred on the sun.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/070327_scitues_pioneeranom.html

Edits: getting the bloody scientific notation working
  9. Standard memberagryson
    AGW Hitman
    http://xkcd.com/386/
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 01:06
    BREAKING NEWS 06-06-07 about NIBIRU - the Dark Star in Our Solar System.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh_qTnn3omc&feature=related

Are you Ready? Answers & Facts About Nibiru
    http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=U-3RLx_4Y5Y&feature=related

Is Nibiru Approaching?
    http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa021102a.htm

Where Is Nibiru and Wh ...[text shortened]... nunnaki & the Myth of a 12th Planet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpN_KD7b0NQ&feature=related
    Incidentally, teh rest of this is not science. It is a presented hypothesis which fails on several counts, gives no verifiable tests (if I look over here for Nibiru, I'll be told it's actually over there), all kinds of unsupported claims (bronze age mythologies don't count as supporting evidence on their own, one apple an orchard doesn't make) are made about its qualities before its existence has even been verified (social structures of bigfoot societies anyone?)
    En bref, the existence of the described planet has no independant evidence. The evidence (I'm being kind even using that word) presented in the videos you provided is pseudoscience hashed together from speculative interpretations of bronze age creation myths coupled with just plain bad science with regard to interpreting the real data available (see my response above about the pioneer anomoly).
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 05:31
    This is not science. Please move this thread to Spiritual Forum.
  11. Donationmurrow
    penguinpuffin
    finsbury
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 09:18
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This is not science. Please move this thread to Spiritual Forum.
    Russ, please can we have a cr@p forum we can move this stuff to?
  12. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 11:11
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Why do you keep on using these dubious sites like www.watchmanbiblestudy.com?

Use NASA:
    http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/hubble/hst_xena_20060410.html

The planet is not large at all. It's only slightly larger than Pluto. These gives ZERO credence to the links you posted above in the original post.
    This article disagrees about the size; however it suggests even at its closest to the sun, "Planet X" would still be more than twice as distant as Neptune.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/03/080317-new-planet.html
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 11:21

As of 2001, NASA scientists have publicly admitted that both the Pioneer 10 and 11 spacecrafts are 'suddenly' and 'mysteriously' being pulled out of their (normal) trajectories by some 'unknown' gravitational force. (You can bet that someone at NASA knows 'exactly' why these two spacecraft are being pull ...[text shortened]... ourse -- because they know it's the gravitational effects of the approaching Planet-X.)
    The two spacecraft are in very different parts of the solar system. For them to be 'suddenly' pulled off course, the hypothetical planet would have to be:
    1. Moving very fast, for the effect to be 'sudden'.
    2. Enormous, probably bigger than Jupiter, for the effect to be significant.
    As such the effect on the planets would probably also have been noticed.

The real question is why are people more gullible to doomsday stories than other nonsense?
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 11:31
    Thanks God this thread is in its proper Forum.

One of the links: http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa021102b.htm says:

"As stated before, the gravitational pull of a planet entering the inner solar system would have profound effects on the other orbiting bodies, including Earth. In fact, the Anunnaki story says that a previous appearance of Nibiru was responsible for the "Great Flood" recorded in Genesis, in which nearly all life on our planet was extinguished (but saved, thanks to Noah)."

The flood has nothing to do with any other planet, if you read the bible. (If I'm wrong, please quote the verse.) If this site is against the bible then what is it worth?

And this is only one of the errors in the links you've given.
    To have confidence in a site that call itself 'Paranormal' is very plausible. Paranormality is also, per se, a sin, says the bible.
  15. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 18:10

As of 2001, NASA scientists have publicly admitted that both the Pioneer 10 and 11 sp ...[text shortened]... e the time to read through the data has no business saying it's without substance.
    You can now form a cult and commit suicide when 2012 comes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree