1. Not Kansas
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 05:57
    Originally posted by mokko
    Already done. Just don't like being consumed with fear and hate. It's not a good feeling.
    If you are indeed physically safe, then it's time to start letting the past be the past.
    Sorry, that's not very spiritual. Live in the moment as much as you can.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 05:581 edit
    Already done. Just don't like being consumed with fear and hate. It's not a good feeling.
    remember......he who angers you....controls you

you are in charge of you.....not he..when you take charge, then you will be free. the anger and hatred, will subside.....and a new journey begins.

wish you well....

gil
  3. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 06:23
    Very wise words from both. Thank you. It helps greatly to read such words of wisdom and gives me great hope for the peacefullness I seek.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 14:10
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    If you are indeed physically safe, then it's time to start letting the past [b]be the past.
    Sorry, that's not very spiritual. Live in the moment as much as you can.[/b]
    Very good answer, and yes it is spiritual.
    Phil 3:13
    13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
    (NKJ)

You may be a preacher and not know it! 😉
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 14:11
    Originally posted by gentlegil
    remember......he who angers you....controls you

you are in charge of you.....not he..when you take charge, then you will be free. the anger and hatred, will subside.....and a new journey begins.

wish you well....

gil
    Another good answer...🙂
  6. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 15:12
    Mabye I need a reminder of why it is a good thing to forgive people who do us wrong. What is so horible about wishing/wanting bad things to happen to bad people? I know we are suppose to love and forgive and not judge, blah blah blah, but when someone does us a great harm why can we not pray for their demise? Will God not help us ever in seeking justice and re ...[text shortened]... step? How do you ask God to heal your heart and not harbour anger or ill will to another person?
    Somebody can only really hurt you emotionally if you allow them to.

Will God not help us ever in seeking justice and revenge?

Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
    Rom 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
    Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
  7. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 23:32
    Mabye I need a reminder of why it is a good thing to forgive people who do us wrong. What is so horible about wishing/wanting bad things to happen to bad people? I know we are suppose to love and forgive and not judge, blah blah blah, but when someone does us a great harm why can we not pray for their demise? Will God not help us ever in seeking justice and re ...[text shortened]... step? How do you ask God to heal your heart and not harbour anger or ill will to another person?
    One idea I've heard that relates here is that not forgiving someone only harms oneself. We tend to think that holding something against the offender will hurt them, but it only eats ourselves away. It's like drinking poison, thinking it will kill the other guy who deserves it.

God says to cast all our burdens on Him, for He cares for us! It is part of His business to impart the justice people deserve, and we have the privilege of letting Him, if we do give Him our burdens.
  8. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 23:411 edit
    I don't think there is anything you can "do" to make your feelings of resentment go away. They have their own logic. You can feel good about them, or bad about them; regardless, they will persist or dissolve of their own accord.

I think the thing to do is not to get bogged down with your feelings. Spend more of your time thinking about something else that matters. Your feelings will naturally get diluted if other stuff is going on in your life.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 23:44
    I have found that some people replay the offense over and over in their minds ..like a tape recorder...it just adds fuel to the fire....
  10. Joined
    10 Dec '03
    Moves
    04 Sep '05 01:43
    Imprecatory Prayer.

In the Psalms, this is used on occasion. The Psalmist is angry and seeking vengeance. These are not easy passages for Christians to read. They include dashing babies against the rocks (Psalm 137), among other requests for God to destroy and punish.

There is no quick or easy answer to this problem. We know that we are to forgive, because we have been forgiven. Yet God declares "vengeance is mine." We are reluctant to give it up. In the same way we desire to earn God's favor we seek to punish on His behalf. This is another burden we try to keep God from taking off our shoulders.
  11. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    04 Sep '05 08:06
    I have read words that have inspired here and I have a whole new outlook on my situation. I sat and felt anger, rage and a desperate need for revenge. It doesn't last forever unless you dwell on it and give into the repetitiveness of your mind. I've begun focusing on the monent I'm in and not the moments I've been in or will be in. I may never forgive so to speak but I will move on and I will rejoice in the joy of my life. Nobody can destroy that or take that away.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree