1. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 23:29
    Mabye I need a reminder of why it is a good thing to forgive people who do us wrong. What is so horible about wishing/wanting bad things to happen to bad people? I know we are suppose to love and forgive and not judge, blah blah blah, but when someone does us a great harm why can we not pray for their demise? Will God not help us ever in seeking justice and revenge? How do some of you cope/deal with people who do you wrong? Do you still wish them well in life or do just ever hope for all hell and damnation to fall on their doorstep? How do you ask God to heal your heart and not harbour anger or ill will to another person?
  2. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 23:50
    Originally posted by mokko
    Mabye I need a reminder of why it is a good thing to forgive people who do us wrong. What is so horible about wishing/wanting bad things to happen to bad people? I know we are suppose to love and forgive and not judge, blah blah blah, but when someone does us a great harm why can we not pray for their demise? Will God not help us ever in seeking justice and re ...[text shortened]... step? How do you ask God to heal your heart and not harbour anger or ill will to another person?
    Like when a woman's slow getting you a beer?
  3. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 23:56
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    Like when a woman's slow getting you a beer?
    More like when a woman refuses to get you any beer at all.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 00:04
    Mabye I need a reminder of why it is a good thing to forgive people who do us wrong. What is so horible about wishing/wanting bad things to happen to bad people? I know we are suppose to love and forgive and not judge, blah blah blah, but when someone does us a great harm why can we not pray for their demise? Will God not help us ever in seeking justice and re ...[text shortened]... step? How do you ask God to heal your heart and not harbour anger or ill will to another person?
    All I have to do is remember what God forgave me for...I also realize that the person who hurt me usually would take it back if they knew the hurt you were going thru. Even so, someone taught me something I had never thought of before.
    When the Lord says "vengeance is mine, I will repay"...it means He can "payback" in a much more satasfying, if you will, way than I could ever had imagined. And it will be in a just way, and without me having to sin.
    Nevertheless, as I stated, I remember the way I was...selfish, uncaring, ruthless, cold, etc..I was all those things and more. And we all have that potential...Now, I am a changed person, (so I am told). The people who knew me before I came to the Lord, see the change the most...
    So, when someone does me harm, I remember. It's like looking in a mirror...now I pray for that person, and the Lord heals and comforts my heart. And much of the time He changes the situation.
    Hope this helps.....CB🙂
  5. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 00:50
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    All I have to do is remember what God forgave me for...I also realize that the person who hurt me usually would take it back if they knew the hurt you were going thru. Even so, someone taught me something I had never thought of before.
    When the Lord says "vengeance is mine, I will repay"...it means He can "payback" in a much more satasfying, if you ...[text shortened]... and comforts my heart. And much of the time He changes the situation.
    Hope this helps.....CB🙂
    I would like to pray for this person but they take pleasure in my pain, I would rather pray for vengance, yet I know this is suppose to be wrong. I truly wish harm on this person and it's tearing me up to do so. I've tried to focus my thoughts elsewhere but it's proving more difficult than I thought. Does anyone know of any helpfull passages I could read to regain perspective?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 01:07
    I would like to pray for this person but they take pleasure in my pain, I would rather pray for vengance, yet I know this is suppose to be wrong. I truly wish harm on this person and it's tearing me up to do so. I've tried to focus my thoughts elsewhere but it's proving more difficult than I thought. Does anyone know of any helpfull passages I could read to regain perspective?
    Are you a Christian?, is this person a Christian? Need more details or send PM.🙂
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 01:13
    Mokko, have you seen "The Diary of a Mad Black Woman"? I highly recommend it as it has a lot of themes that I think you would appreciate.

Rev. K-Dawg, Ivory Tower Movie Critic
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 01:14
    More like when a woman refuses to get you any beer at all.
    Bitch.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 01:17
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Bitch.
    Yo, #1, what's it like havin a supa model wife who brings you beer while ya playin pocket pool while lookin at TV?
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 01:271 edit
    1. Read Simon Wiesenthal’s The Sunflower; pay especial attention to Rabbi Harold Kushner’s contribution to the commentary.

2. Realize that “forgiveness” (an English translation word that does not necessarily capture the full range of meaning in Hebrew, or Greek, words—assuming a western Judeo-Christian background here) means freedom first of all: freedom for you from bondage to the other; freedom for the other from your desire for revenge. Forgiveness does not mean reconciliation or continued social “commerce.” It certainly does not mean re-entering an abusive relationship of any kind, nor submission to any kind of ill-treatment!

Both the NT Greek words, for example, translated as “forgiveness” (aphiemi and apoluo) mean to release, to set free, to let go, even (in other Greek writings) to divorce.

I urge you to read Wiesenthal’s book. And to choose to be well and whole and free.

Shalom,

Stephen
  11. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 03:18
    Well at least now I have a good movie and a book to keep me company and help to ease the overwhelming anger and rage I feel. I don't like to feel overpowered by negative emotions towards others but it sure isn't easy at times. The one good thing I feel right now is that God is with me even if he won't destroy one single little human being for me. I'll argue with him more about it later. I hate how he always wins. 😠
  12. Earth Prime
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 05:23
    Well at least now I have a good movie and a book to keep me company and help to ease the overwhelming anger and rage I feel. I don't like to feel overpowered by negative emotions towards others but it sure isn't easy at times. The one good thing I feel right now is that God is with me even if he won't destroy one single little human being for me. I'll argue with him more about it later. I hate how he always wins. 😠
    "Do not take revenge, but leave room for God's wrath"

Mokko you've been in my prayers.
  13. Not Kansas
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 05:271 edit
    Please don't take this in a bad way (I've always found that this disclaimer works well when talking to women ...😛) First of all, you need to get away from that which is controlling you-ie get the hell out, forgive later.
  14. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 05:38
    Originally posted by Coconut
    "Do not take revenge, but leave room for God's wrath"

Mokko you've been in my prayers.
    Thank you, the way things are going I'll need all I can get. I appreciate it alot.
  15. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    03 Sep '05 05:39
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Please don't take this in a bad way (I've always found that this disclaimer works well when talking to women ...😛) First of all, you need to get away from that which is controlling you-ie get the hell out, forgive later.
    Already done. Just don't like being consumed with fear and hate. It's not a good feeling.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree