1. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 15:20
    My mother often says this when she drives into the carpark of a large shopping centre. As she hunts for that elusive bay, she prays ' Dear God, please give me a parking bay'.

And lo and behold, she always finds a bay close to the entrance. After parking she thanks God.

Ok, great. At least we don't have to walk too far.

BUT one of 3 things happened.

1. The parking bay was empty all long and we got there before it got taken

2. God created the parking bay

3. God removed the car that was there

SO

1. Likely

2. I think not, the bay was always there, unless God works in the car park creation business

3. Pity the poor people whose car it was, when they arrive there and it's GONE!!!!

My 2 cents...
  2. Illinois
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 15:52
    Originally posted by saffa73
    My mother often says this when she drives into the carpark of a large shopping centre. As she hunts for that elusive bay, she prays ' Dear God, please give me a parking bay'.

And lo and behold, she always finds a bay close to the entrance. After parking she thanks God.

Ok, great. At least we don't have to walk too far.

BUT one of 3 things happened. ...[text shortened]... the poor people whose car it was, when they arrive there and it's GONE!!!!

My 2 cents...
    "People cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end" (Ecclesiastes 3:11).

"With God all things are possible" (Matthew 19:26).

-----------------------------------

I generally shy away from burdening the Lord with petty requests, but who is to say that God, an infinite Being, cannot or will not care for even the smallest details of one's life? After all, those who depend on Him for the little things will depend on Him for the big things, too.
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 17:48
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    "People cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end" (Ecclesiastes 3:11).

"With God all things are possible" (Matthew 19:26).

-----------------------------------

I generally shy away from burdening the Lord with petty requests, but who is to say that God, an infinite Being, cannot or will not care for even the smallest details ...[text shortened]... , those who depend on Him for the little things will depend on Him for the big things, too.
    Which means??

And please don't quote from a work of fiction when replying.

Thanks.
  4. Illinois
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 21:19
    Which means??

Thanks.
    Which means??

...that God works in mysterious ways.

Discussing God in a spirituality forum, you're going to run the hazard of enduring a few bible verses.

Perhaps you should preface your posts with a disclaimer. Though, honestly, it probably won't do any good. 🙂

"God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise" (1 Corinthians 1:27).
  5. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 22:04
    Neither of you has actually made any reasonable comment on my OP.

Which do you think it is?

??
  6. Illinois
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 22:11
    Neither of you has actually made any reasonable comment on my OP.

Which do you think it is?

??
    Both of us would have to say, 1.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree