1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 18:47
    I believe he will just be coming to New York and Washington. That is a shame. There is so much in this country that is worthy of his visiting and getting to know better. I have a few suggestions, but feel free to add your own.

1) The polygymist cult in Eldorado , TX.
    2) Las Vegas
    3) A Benny Hinn healing service
    4) Atlah Ministries in Harlem with Pastor Manning
    5) Lunch at Popeye's Chicken with DoctorScribbles
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 19:32
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I believe he will just be coming to New York and Washington. That is a shame. There is so much in this country that is worthy of his visiting and getting to know better. I have a few suggestions, but feel free to add your own.

2) Las Vegas
    Umm...

Anywhere on the southern border where ZILLIONS of Catholics are illegally entering this country, causing strife. He should address the Mexican illegal immigrant issue.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 20:30
    There is so much in this country that is worthy of his visiting and getting to know better...

How come Benny Hinn never goes to a children's cancer ward and cures a dozen children of cancer? Maybe I'm being too cynical here, but, is it possible that he CAN'T CURE ANYONE OF A DAMN THING???
  4. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 21:28
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    How come Benny Hinn never goes to a children's cancer ward and cures a dozen children of cancer? Maybe I'm being too cynical here, but, is it possible that he CAN'T CURE ANYONE OF A DAMN THING???
    Of course he cant, not even a hangnail. His most salient feature in my opinion is that he is probably the biggest and richest charlatan in the history of the world. He doesn't even have enough conscience to be embarrassed when some of his stooges occasionally miss their cue and are a bit late in falling over. Benny Hinn epitomises the stupid and desperate gullibility of the masses who attend his greedy crusades.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 22:24
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Umm...

Anywhere on the southern border where ZILLIONS of Catholics are illegally entering this country, causing strife. He should address the Mexican illegal immigrant issue.
    Pope John Paul II visited Mexico five times in his papacy, and was critical of anti-immigration policies. Pope Benedict seems of the same ilk. Here is a speech delivered two years ago by a cardinal with papal endorsement:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/15/world/americas/15vatican.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 02:062 edits

Something tells me he's more of a Church's guy. Let's face it, Rev, he and I don't even have enough in common to break biscuits together.

Look at this brotha sellin' out. Just another victim of the Office of the Inquisition.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=OLnYzKtKB54
  7. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 03:31
    I've been wondering--seriously--is Pope Benedict really catholic, or just the CEO of some irrelevant organization?
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 06:23
    Originally posted by Stregone
    I've been wondering--seriously--is Pope Benedict really catholic, or just the CEO of some irrelevant organization?
    Both.
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 22:591 edit
    Originally posted by Stregone
    The Catholic Church is not, unfortunately, irrelevant. It encourages policies that lead to death and suffering throughout the world, such as their opposition to condom use that would significantly reduce the spread of AIDS in Africa, for example.

Their dealing (or actually, failing to deal properly) with the pedophile priests demonstrates the moral bankruptcy of the Church.

After the Los Angeles Archdiocese had to dole out millions of dollars to victims of child-abuse perpertrated by their priests, Cardinal Mahoney said he would pray for those "who claimed to have been abused." Disgusting....
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    14 Apr '08 00:35
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Something tells me he's more of a Church's guy. Let's face it, Rev, he and I don't even have enough in common to break biscuits together.

Look at this brotha sellin' out. Just another victim of the Office of the Inquisition.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=OLnYzKtKB54
    I hear you , my brotha. I could kinda see myself operatin a Chuch's Fried Chicken. You know like having Bishop Don Juan instead of Colonel Sanders. Sort of a cross between Hooters and KFC only freestyle.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Apr '08 01:42

2) Las Vegas
    He could come over to my place, but he would have to wear work clothes and help me clean out my horse barn. I have some bull calves that need castrating too.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '08 10:32
    the orthodox church is better. at least our priests main vice is alcohol. better a drunk priest than a pedophile priest.

but then again, there is a saying: "Do as the priest says, not as the priest does" 😀
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '08 10:51
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    the orthodox church is better. at least our priests main vice is alcohol. better a drunk priest than a pedophile priest.

but then again, there is a saying: "Do as the priest says, not as the priest does" 😀
    Unfair comparison. Celibate priests in the Orthodox Church are generally consigned to monastic life: no parish, nor priory. And the general Orthodox priest will not be involved in schools. So the opportunity for pedophilia is rare, unless within the family.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Apr '08 11:201 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

Do you have any statistics to show that Catholic priests have a higher incidence of pedophilia than other denominations? Or even the general population?
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '08 12:37
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Unfair comparison. Celibate priests in the Orthodox Church are generally consigned to monastic life: no parish, nor priory. And the general Orthodox priest will not be involved in schools. So the opportunity for pedophilia is rare, unless within the family.
    unfair to say that because catholic priests "don't get any" they cannot keep their thingies in their pants.
    and also unfair to say that, given the opportunity, the orthodox and protestant priests will engage in pedophilia.

also don't get me wrong. i am not saying that being a catholic priest means you are a pedophile. i am just saying that the current catholic organization chooses to ignore these cases and instead of castrating the offenders or kicking them out they simply relocate them so the church doesn't look bad. with this way of handling things, it is obvious that pedophiles will do it again and again. maybe some pedophiles will even become priests because they would enter an organization that allows them to get away.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree