1. Standard memberWildfire
    Force of Nature
    The Bathroom
    Joined
    12 May '05
    Moves
    31388
    29 May '05 03:50
    Do you think that the current Pope will do as good a job, if not a better one, than the late Pope John Paul II?
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    29 May '05 07:46
    Originally posted by Wildfire
    Do you think that the current Pope will do as good a job, if not a better one, than the late Pope John Paul II?
    What do you mean by good job?

    What is your def. of a good job?
  3. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    55256
    29 May '05 07:54
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    What do you mean by good job?

    What is your def. of a good job?
    My definition for a good job for a right-wing git of a pope is:

    - To die before he does any more damage.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    29 May '05 07:55
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    My definition for a good job for a right-wing git of a pope is:

    - To die before he does any more damage.
    This Pope is predicted to not be a pope for along time.
  5. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    55256
    29 May '05 08:00
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    This Pope is predicted to not be a pope for along time.
    Halleluja!

    Sounds like a god-awful job description though:

    What we want from you:
    - The ability to lead the largest church in the world
    - Good PR competences to spread right wing propaganda around the globe
    - An early death.

    Sheesh...
  6. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Joined
    02 Feb '05
    Moves
    1666
    29 May '05 08:34
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Halleluja!

    Sounds like a god-awful job description though:

    What we want from you:
    - The ability to lead the largest church in the world
    - Good PR competences to spread right wing propaganda around the globe
    - An early death.

    Sheesh...
    Maybe they should have gone for that Dutch Cardinal, who might have come out in favour of clog-wearing homosexual women priests?

    Shav, modern notions such as 'Right wing', 'Conservative' and 'Liberal' have no bearing on the Church, and you shouldn't think within those parameters.

    Anyway, yes, I trust he will do a tremendous job, but we'll just have to wait and see. Pope John Paul was a long while in the Vatican, don't forget. Perhaps it's a bit early for comparisons. I do believe that he best man for the job, however.

  7. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    55256
    29 May '05 08:38
    Originally posted by sjeg
    Maybe they should have gone for that Dutch Cardinal, who might have come out in favour of clog-wearing homosexual women priests?



    I have no problem with clog-wearing homosexual women priests, that'll just be one more catagory of people I don't listen to.
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    29 May '05 12:31
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I have no problem with clog-wearing homosexual women priests, that'll just be one more catagory of people I don't listen to.
    I need to get my eyes checked. I thought it said "dog-wearing". I just gave into it, though it didn't make any sense to me simply because Shav posted it.
  9. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Joined
    28 Feb '05
    Moves
    4500
    29 May '05 13:47
    Originally posted by Wildfire
    Do you think that the current Pope will do as good a job, if not a better one, than the late Pope John Paul II?
    Well, he couldn't do a worse job......could he?
    I certainly hope he turns a blind eye to some new issues.


    RTh
  10. Standard memberWildfire
    Force of Nature
    The Bathroom
    Joined
    12 May '05
    Moves
    31388
    29 May '05 18:291 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    What do you mean by good job?

    What is your def. of a good job?
    What I mean is, do you think that Pope Benedict XVI will impact the world as thoroughly as Pope John Paul II did? Many conflicts were spoken out against by John Paul II, and many controversial subjects were approached by him when no Pope before him would touch those subjects. My definition of a good job would be a Pope that reaches out and touches the lives of the people he interacts with; one who makes the world a better place to live and participate in.
  11. London
    Joined
    02 Mar '04
    Moves
    36063
    29 May '05 18:41
    Originally posted by Wildfire
    What I mean is, do you think that Pope Benedict XVI will impact the world as thoroughly as Pope John Paul II did? Many conflicts were spoken out against by John Paul II, and many controversial subjects were approached by him when no Pope before him would touch those subjects. My definition of a good job would be a Pope that reaches out and touches the lives ...[text shortened]... the people he interacts with; one who makes the world a better place to live and participate in.
    The current Pope has been elected in a very different political climate to the last one (e.g. the decline of communism). That would need to be factored in.
  12. Standard memberWildfire
    Force of Nature
    The Bathroom
    Joined
    12 May '05
    Moves
    31388
    29 May '05 18:59
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    The current Pope has been elected in a very different political climate to the last one (e.g. the decline of communism). That would need to be factored in.
    True, yet there are still new dangers popping up all over the place. The decline of communism doesn't necessarily mean a decline of tense political times. Just take a look at North Korea, Iran, etc.
  13. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Joined
    02 Feb '05
    Moves
    1666
    30 May '05 01:042 edits
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I need to get my eyes checked. I thought it said "dog-wearing". I just gave into it, though it didn't make any sense to me simply because Shav posted it.
    No, I definitely wrote "clog-wearing".

    "Dog-wearing" homosexual women priests would just be weird, Kirksey.

    Whereas Shav and I now both agree that female clog-clad, blonde, plaited, well stacked, muff-diving clergy is rather a step in the way of progress for mankind. Bring 'em on!

    🙄😛😀😲😲😲🙄😀😛😲😲🙄😲🙄😲😀😛😵😲🙄😲
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    30 May '05 01:17
    Originally posted by sjeg
    No, I definitely wrote "clog-wearing".

    "Dog-wearing" homosexual women priests would just be weird, Kirksey.

    Whereas Shav and I now both agree that female clog-clad, blonde, plaited, well stacked, muff-diving clergy is rather a step in the way of progress for mankind. Bring 'em on!

    🙄😛😀😲😲😲🙄😀😛😲😲🙄😲🙄😲😀😛😵😲🙄😲
    OK, let me ask both of you a question. Would you be more likely to take a serious interest in Christianity and spiritual formation from a female priest who was, how shall we say, in touch with her humanity in its many forms as opposed to a traditonal male model of priestly/pastoral leadership?
  15. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Joined
    02 Feb '05
    Moves
    1666
    31 May '05 11:34
    It would depend how big a pair of humanities she had, and whether she were in touch with them in front of me at the time...

    ...I'd probably find it hard to concentrate
Back to Top