1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 23:27
    From what I've heard about the crusades, witch hunts,etc. and the following exorcisms of 'demons' from these so-called pagans,(am I getting this right?), I would venture to say that it is the priests and the churches that were posessed by demons.
    For what constituted an angelic possesion and a demonic possesion was not entirely clear and left to the whim of the priests ,(in charge of the torture).
    Seems to me to be more of a political tool (exorcisms) than an actual straightforward spiritual practice.
    Hence I've come to the conclusion: The priests were actually posossed by demons,and under these demons' influence, carried out these heinous acts. Not the other way around.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 00:46
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    From what I've heard about the crusades, witch hunts,etc. and the following exorcisms of 'demons' from these so-called pagans,(am I getting this right?), I would venture to say that it is the priests and the churches that were posessed by demons.
    For what constituted an angelic possesion and a demonic possesion was not entirely clear and left to th ...[text shortened]... nd under these demons' influence, carried out these heinous acts. Not the other way around.
    Hummmm...You may be onto something.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 09:12
    For what constituted an angelic possesion and a demonic possesion was not entirely clear and left to th ...[text shortened]... nd under these demons' influence, carried out these heinous acts. Not the other way around.
    So were the Catholic priests who carried out over 60 years of 'systemic' abuse in care homes in Ireland victims of so called demonic posession? And what about the rest of the religious folk wordwide who commit acts of abuse against boys and girls, are they victims of demonic posession also?

I would suggest you're talking a load of tosh, and that these people are just sick evil perverts. I don't understand why you think that when someone becomes a priest and commits an evil act, somehow they are posessed by an evil demon. Yet someone who commits the same act, and who isn't a priest, isn't posessed.
  4. England
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 10:30
    the crusades ; where is the posessed priests, more like a war between faiths over a holy land, and its still going on.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 21:331 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    So were the Catholic priests who carried out over 60 years of 'systemic' abuse in care homes in Ireland victims of so called demonic posession? And what about the rest of the religious folk wordwide who commit acts of abuse against boys and girls, are they victims of demonic posession also?

I would suggest you're talking a load of tosh, and that these evil demon. Yet someone who commits the same act, and who isn't a priest, isn't posessed.
    I didn't say that non-priests weren,t also subject to 'demonic possession'.

I think this issue is going to come down to some interpratation,possibly.
    1. What exactly are 'demons'?
    2. If they do exist, as postulated by christianity and bhuddism-just to name two- how exactly do they work? Like are they in league or do they also prey on each other as well?

Of course we would all sleep better at night to know that its all tosh , and we tell ourselves so everyday.
    Then, of course, you may just call it human nature. The change of mood or a change of heart. A rash decision on the spur of the moment. Something totally out of character. Could have nothing to do with any outside influences at all-but then that would negate the truism that 'everything is connected'. What do you think?
    (eg, was G.W. Bush 'possessed'?-Im sure he would say no)
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 00:03
    Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Unless you hear the Word of God.
  7. England
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 14:31
    Originally posted by josephw

Unless you hear the Word of God.[/b]
    if god starts talking to you........you are blessed or insane
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 14:40
    Originally posted by josephw
    Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Unless you hear the Word of God.
    So are you trying to suggest that the church didn't try to forcebly convert pagans?
    Or are you just trying to gift me another pearl of wisdom without refferring to my OP at all? Really! You could be more specific. Please.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 14:40
    Originally posted by stoker
    if god starts talking to you........you are blessed or insane
    ..and only you will know which one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree