1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 18:28
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Neither should be "in control." It is not a parent-child relationship. One is not leader over the other. Geez, no wonder fewer and fewer women are getting married! Too many like you think you should be the daddy instead of the partner.
    Neither should be "in control."

So YOU say. That makes you your own authority doesn't it?

Fewer women are getting married because there are more and more men that think like you do.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 19:581 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    "Are you a mister mom?" Maybe you bought into the whole androgyny thing and have been emasculated.

Like I said, someone will be in control at some point in any human institution just as it has always been and always will be. Men rule. Always have, always will. Quit thinking like a feminist.

I'm quite sure this will piss you all off, but that's too ba etermination. Automatons. Products of the environment.

Insulting today aren't I! 😠
    [fundie]
    Yeah. Men rule! ...except for those mister mom guys. And guys who think like feminists. Somehow, something must have gone horribly wrong with their DNA. They're probably like those homos...homosexuals, to clarify. The kind of homo I do like is homogenous. I like to pretend that the entire rest of the world ought to structure their families just like mine. It would make me feel emasculated if my wife made more $$ than I, so everyone else who lets their wife out-earn them has been 'emasculated'.

I am incapable of seeing the irony of labeling self-determined people [i.e. those who actually choose their role in life] 'automatons', when me and mine do nothing more than succumbing to some rigid concept of 'design' written in a 2000-year old book.
    [/fundie]

Seriously, why all the furor over what others do with their family lives? If you have a happy and healthy family with a homemaker wife, good for you. Just recognize that your family setup is not the only 'right' one, particularly in this day and age when more and more opportunities are available to women.
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 20:03
    "Are you a mister mom?" Maybe you bought into the whole androgyny thing and have been emasculated.

Like I said, someone will be in control at some point in any human institution just as it has always been and always will be. Men rule. Always have, always will. Quit thinking like a feminist.

I'm quite sure this will piss you all off, but that's too ba ...[text shortened]... etermination. Automatons. Products of the environment.

I can feel some frustration in your post.
    Maybe you want to talk it out?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 20:06
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    [fundie]
    Yeah. Men rule! ...except for those mister mom guys. And guys who think like feminists. Somehow, something must have gone horribly wrong with their DNA. They're probably like those homos...homosexuals, to clarify. The kind of homo I do like is homogenous. I like to pretend that the entire rest of the world ought to structure their famili ...[text shortened]... rticularly in this day and age when more and more opportunities are available to women.
    Another authority declares his own truth. Go for it man. May you live long and prosper.
  5. Gangster Land
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 20:20

I'm quite sure this will piss you all off, but that's too ba ...[text shortened]... etermination. Automatons. Products of the environment.

hahaha, you are a riot man.

The best part is when you thought pointing out that my wife makes more money would make me angry, or feel embaressed. That would only work on you, Mr. Caveman.

Look, I don't have a problem with the way you and you family go about your business...well, I feel a little sorry for your wife.

You're not insulting mate, you're just embaressing yourself.
  6. Joined
    01 Feb '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 21:32
    N
    Fewer women are getting married because there are more and more men that think like you do.

Ha ha, like a woman's sole aim in life is to be married right? I'd call you a dinosaur but you don't believe in them i bet.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 21:36

I cannot understand why you have abdicated your authority with your wife in giving her instruction over your children. Would you not agree that this is indeed a confusing message toyour children? You are saying one thing and practicing another.
  8. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 00:45
    Neither should be "in control."

So YOU say. That makes you your own authority doesn't it?

Why would I take a letter written by an ordinary man 2000 years ago to people whose lives were entirely different from ours and give that authority over me?
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 01:47
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Why would I take a letter written by an ordinary man 2000 years ago to people whose lives were entirely different from ours and give that authority over me?
    Good question. But first I want to say I'm sorry for getting mean. It seems that when ever I spend a few days posting replies I get a little sarcastic. I've been debating in this forum for over a year now and nothing ever gets settled.

Look. I'm a believer. I know God through His word the Bible. You don't accept that as proof. It's not proof. It's my own personal experience. It's not a delusion as some think. There's no way I can prove it to you. So what do we do? We go back and forth.

Who has perfect understanding? Who knows everything? Somebody does! That somebody is God. Maybe you don't think such a being exists. Maybe you think everything exists without a cause. You'll never know Him as long as you deny His existence. That's the way it works.
  10. Gangster Land
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 01:57
    josephw,

Is this idea related only to the family unit and church hiearchy, or is it a sin for Hillary Clinton to be a senator from NY? Are you allowed to have a female boss at work?
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 02:05
    Good question. But first I want to say I'm sorry for getting mean. It seems that when ever I spend a few days posting replies I get a little sarcastic. I've been debating in this forum for over a year now and nothing ever gets settled.

Look. I'm a believer. I know God through His word the Bible. You don't accept that as proof. It's not proof. It's my own ...[text shortened]... se. You'll never know Him as long as you deny His existence. That's the way it works.
    Why would something that Paul wrote 2000 years ago to a specific audience necessarily apply generally now?

For that matter, why would anything Paul wrote necessarily reflect the word of God?
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 02:07
    Another authority declares his own truth.
    Everyone does it, but some won't admit it.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 02:22
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Everyone does it, but some won't admit it.
    I defer to the authority of God's word.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 02:28
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    josephw,

Is this idea related only to the family unit and church hiearchy, or is it a sin for Hillary Clinton to be a senator from NY? Are you allowed to have a female boss at work?
    The family and the church.

If a woman was the republican nominee for president I would vote for her. It would be even better if she was a conservative. But that's politics.
  15. Gangster Land
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 02:32
    The family and the church.

If a woman was the republican nominee for president I would vote for her. It would be even better if she was a conservative. But that's politics.
    well, that's a relief.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree