1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 02:35
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I cannot understand why you have abdicated your authority with your wife in giving her instruction over your children. Would you not agree that this is indeed a confusing message toyour children? You are saying one thing and practicing another.
    How do you think I've abdicated my authority? My wife is fully qualified to teach my children. I provide spiritual leadership while my children's mother provides nurture and academic instruction. It's all quite harmonious.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 02:39
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Why would something that Paul wrote 2000 years ago to a specific audience necessarily apply generally now?

For that matter, why would anything Paul wrote necessarily reflect the word of God?
    Rom. 1:1

"Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,"
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 02:431 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    How do you think I've abdicated my authority? My wife is fully qualified to teach my children. I provide spiritual leadership while my children's mother provides nurture and academic instruction. It's all quite harmonious.
    Why is it OK for her to offer acedemic instruction, but it is not OK for them to receive academic instruction of a religious nature?

Please check out chapters 16 and 18 of the Great American BWA Novel in the clan forum. Actually, check out the entire masterpiece, but I think these two chapters will be of some inspiration to you. Or not.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 03:12
    Rom. 1:1

"Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,"
    This doesn't at all address the first question.

As to the second question, since Paul wrote Romans I don't think it really addresses it either, do you?
  5. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 05:22
    "Are you a mister mom?" Maybe you bought into the whole androgyny thing and have been emasculated.

Like I said, someone will be in control at some point in any human institution just as it has always been and always will be. Men rule. Always have, always will. Quit thinking like a feminist.

I'm quite sure this will piss you all off, but that's too ba ...[text shortened]... etermination. Automatons. Products of the environment.

Insulting today aren't I! 😠
    HA HA!

The Skipper was PWNED!
  6. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 06:14
    "Are you a mister mom?" Maybe you bought into the whole androgyny thing and have been emasculated.

Like I said, someone will be in control at some point in any human institution just as it has always been and always will be. Men rule. Always have, always will. Quit thinking like a feminist.

I'm quite sure this will piss you all off, but that's too ba ...[text shortened]... etermination. Automatons. Products of the environment.

Insulting today aren't I! 😠
    God Dammnit man, what year do you live in seriously.... Any female worth talking to would verbally rip you an new ass hole for that...... Seriously:

Believes in absolute word of the bible,
    Thinks women belong in the home,
    Is scared of the implications of science, thus rejects them.

Anyone else think this sounds a lot like a Medieval inquisitor/priest/fanatic/general loony....

Seriously whats next, you gonna start whipping yourself and using leeches to remove the bad blood......
  7. Gangster Land
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 17:12
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    HA HA!

The Skipper was PWNED!
    I KNOW! I'm so mortified!

I forget the first rule of conversing with a Christian: Never underestimate their capacity to call you names, question your manhood and behave like a child.

josephw and people like him talk a good game about love, peace, turning the other cheek and treating others like they would want to be treated, but when push comes to shove they'll bite your head off as quick as the next guy.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 02:13
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    I KNOW! I'm so mortified!

I forget the first rule of conversing with a Christian: Never underestimate their capacity to call you names, question your manhood and behave like a child.

josephw and people like him talk a good game about love, peace, turning the other cheek and treating others like they would want to be treated, but when push comes to shove they'll bite your head off as quick as the next guy.
    As I've said before, I'm not nicer than Jesus. Don't be a hypocrite. I'm not going to role over and let anyone step on my face. If I get shoved I'm shoving back harder. Being a Christian means believing in what Christ has done on my behalf so that I can now say I have full confidence I have eternal life. And I have the Bible, the Word of God, that teaches me how to live. It doesn't teach me to be a wimp.

And I didn't call anyone any names. I'm out in the open and up front, not talking about you to the other guy making snide remarks.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 02:16
    Originally posted by Mexico
    God Dammnit man, what year do you live in seriously.... Any female worth talking to would verbally rip you an new ass hole for that...... Seriously:

Believes in absolute word of the bible,
    Thinks women belong in the home,
    Is scared of the implications of science, thus rejects them.

Anyone else think this sounds a lot like a Medieval inquisitor/pries ...[text shortened]... ly whats next, you gonna start whipping yourself and using leeches to remove the bad blood......
    "Any female worth talking to"

Are there any not worth talking to? You're what you think I am.
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 02:24

Are there any not worth talking to?
    Actually, yes there are. Just like there are men not worth talking to. You may differ on whom you might think is and isn't worth talking to, but there are people not worth talking to.

That wasn't really a sexist comment, why do you think it was?
  11. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 02:28
    "Any female worth talking to"

Are there any not worth talking to? You're what you think I am.
    Yes there are many females not worth talking to, many males too. I find a lot of people in general aren't really worth talking to because they'll just annoy me, usually its people with lazy minds who have little worth saying. Funnily enough many of those people are the ones that talk too much actually.....

And any woman that lets you away with comments such as yours is either incredibly strong willed, patient and doesn't think your worth responding to or just weak willed and indifferent thus not worth talking to.
  12. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 02:29
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Actually, yes there are. Just like there are men not worth talking to. You may differ on whom you might think is and isn't worth talking to, but there are people not worth talking to.

That wasn't really a sexist comment, why do you think it was?
    You got there first with more or less the same lines....... Tanks
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 03:36
    Originally posted by Mexico
    Yes there are many females not worth talking to, many males too. I find a lot of people in general aren't really worth talking to because they'll just annoy me, usually its people with lazy minds who have little worth saying. Funnily enough many of those people are the ones that talk too much actually.....

And any woman that lets you away with comments suc ...[text shortened]... think your worth responding to or just weak willed and indifferent thus not worth talking to.
    Yes, I see. You are much too important to associate with those of lesser estate. You must only speak to those that you judge to be worthy. 😲
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 03:40
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    well, that's a relief.
    🙂
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 03:47
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Why is it OK for her to offer acedemic instruction, but it is not OK for them to receive academic instruction of a religious nature?

Please check out chapters 16 and 18 of the Great American BWA Novel in the clan forum. Actually, check out the entire masterpiece, but I think these two chapters will be of some inspiration to you. Or not.
    "Great American BWA Novel in the clan forum?" Where do I find that?

"Why is it OK for her to offer academic instruction, but it is not OK for them to receive academic instruction of a religious nature?"

For who to receive academic instruction of a religious nature?
    Do you want to rephrase that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree