1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 May '15 00:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Of course, preplanning so when that stupid comet flies by Earth 100 million miles away, it was GOD who saved our sorry asses. Sure. I guess that must mean your so-called god really hated the dinosaurs for that asteroid that DIDN'T fly by but slammed right into the Yucatan 65 million years ago.
    My point of mentioning the large comet flying by was not to predict doomsday, but to suggest another possible cause of climate change other than it being manmade.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 May '15 11:50
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    My point of mentioning the large comet flying by was not to predict doomsday, but to suggest another possible cause of climate change other than it being manmade.
    Because having not been hit by a comet for millions of years...
    SUDDENLY not being hit by a comet causes the worldwide climate to change.....

That's taking incoherent nonsense to a whole new level.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 May '15 18:57
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Because having not been hit by a comet for millions of years...
    SUDDENLY not being hit by a comet causes the worldwide climate to change.....

That's taking incoherent nonsense to a whole new level.
    The idea is that a large body has a larger gravitational pull than a small body. We already acknowledge that the movement of the moon has effects on the tides and the weather because of the gravitational pull, so why not a large comet or asteroid that is speeding toward earth?
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 May '15 20:211 edit
    The idea is that a large body has a larger gravitational pull than a small body. We already acknowledge that the movement of the moon has effects on the tides and the weather because of the gravitational pull, so why not a large comet or asteroid that is speeding toward earth?
    Because the moon as about a trillion times heavier than a 2.5km comet, and 1000+ times closer. [currently]

Making it's gravitational effect more than a million trillion times larger.

And the moons gravitational pull is already pretty weak, and beyond keeping the Earth's axial tilt
    stable, has very little effect on the climate. [not no effect, but not much of one]

This coupled with the fact that there is no comet speeding towards the Earth, makes the 'argument'
    complete and total bunk.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 May '15 20:47
    Because the moon as about a trillion times heavier than a 2.5km comet, and 1000+ times closer. [currently]

And the moons gravitational pull is already pretty weak, and beyond keeping the Earth's axial tilt
    stable, has very little effect on the climate. [not no effect, but ...[text shortened]... at there is no comet speeding towards the Earth, makes the 'argument'
    complete and total bunk.
    A knockout blow. Surely that will knock Hinds on his back,...Surely.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 May '15 21:33

stable, has very little effect on the climate. [not no effect, but ...[text shortened]... at there is no comet speeding towards the Earth, makes the 'argument'
    complete and total bunk.
    Who knows?
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 May '15 21:37
    Who knows?
    Who knows what?

That your post was complete and total bunk? Pretty much everyone who's read it.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 May '15 21:56
    Who knows what?

That your post was complete and total bunk? Pretty much everyone who's read it.
    Well, I guess we will have to wait until September 15-28 to see if what that person was saying is true or not. I do not know myself.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 May '15 22:45
    Well, I guess we will have to wait until September 15-28 to see if what that person was saying is true or not. I do not know myself.
    No, as I explained at length in the science forum thread on the same topic [/sigh]
    If there was a 2.5km comet due to hit in September that had been detected we would
    know about it. And it would be easily visible to anyone who cared to look for months
    before it hit.

There is no known comet that is going to hit us on that date.

It's a hoax, beyond any and all reasonable [or unreasonable] doubt.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 May '15 01:11
    No, as I explained at length in the science forum thread on the same topic [/sigh]
    If there was a 2.5km comet due to hit in September that had been detected we would
    know about it. And it would be easily visible to anyone who cared to look for months
    before it hit.

There is no known comet that is going to hit us on that date.

It's a hoax, beyond any and all reasonable [or unreasonable] doubt.
    It could be.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 May '15 02:081 edit
    Climate Chaos in 2015 warns World Government officials!!!

YouTube

What the media isn't telling you about Climate Change.

YouTube
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 May '15 03:45
    500 Days Until Climate Chaos: End Time Signs & Events

YouTube
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 May '15 03:58
    What is Coming Sept 2015 ? Pt 1 of 2

YouTube
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 May '15 07:291 edit
    I don't need to worry about that . I leave that up to my God...!
    God is probably as sick of you as we are and is likely to be sending a small rock with your name on it.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 May '15 17:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    God is probably as sick of you as we are and is likely to be sending a small rock with your name on it.
    Do you also have problems with the evolutionists idea of an asteroid causing an ice age that wiped out the dinosaurs?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree