1. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 02:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hi, i was thinking not so much of ourselves, but the people we meet. I just wondered
    what shaped people, whether adversity makes one more or less compassionate. I
    think it should make one more compassionate, more able to empathise with others in
    a kind of shared fellow feeling, but its not always the case.
    We could always hope that experiences makes one more aware and more empathetic. Exposure that sheds light on (whatever) particular aspects involved. Again, I believe this is an emphasis on how one reacts to the situation. It is also my belief that if one were to want to make the most of a situation, it would align with a compassionate motive. You can certainly allow things to harden you and make you bitter. It's always hard to let go of things- good and bad. Time to make the most of the situation.

I'd say, in my experience, most people take bad things in negative mannerisms and it makes the situation that much more difficult. The people you see who approach things with a good heart tend to leave a good impression. Compassion, and you can help people take things in a good heart.

I've always liked this story, I don't know how old it is, but I read it years ago so I'm sure a good number of the folks here have read it.
    http://betterlifecoaching.wordpress.com/2011/01/14/allergic-to-bullets-a-story-about-positive-attitudes/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree