1. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 14:24
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Stevens' poetry obeys Williams' principle.
    And the principle is the lord of all things.
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 14:31
    Originally posted by stocken
    And the principle is the lord of all things.
    Le paradis n'est pas artificiel.
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 14:32
    Somliga går med trasiga skor.
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 14:36
    Pas d'argent pas de Suisses.
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 14:38
    Somliga går med trasiga skor.
    Wat höb ich noe aon mien kaar haange ?
  6. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 14:46
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Wat höb ich noe aon mien kaar haange ?
    LOL

I don't know what you just said, but you're from the netherlands, aren't you? I took a quote from Cornelis Vreeswijk (who was born in the netherlands). May I pressume that you recognized the quote?
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 19:37
    LOL

I don't know what you just said, but you're from the netherlands, aren't you? I took a quote from Cornelis Vreeswijk (who was born in the netherlands). May I pressume that you recognized the quote?
    I'm indeed from the Netherlands and I know Cornelis Vreeswijk, a singer-songwriter, but I didn't recognise the quote ..... ha ha ha ...... I don't know what the quote means.

My comment is not in Dutch language, but in a dialect spoken in the Netherlands. It is a standard expression and it more or less means : What is happening ? πŸ™‚
  8. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 20:101 edit
    I'm indeed from the Netherlands and I know Cornelis Vreeswijk, a singer-songwriter, but I didn't recognise the quote ..... ha ha ha ...... I don't know what the quote means.

My comment is not in Dutch language, but in a dialect spoken in the Netherlands. It is a standard expression and it more or less means : What is happening ? πŸ™‚
    What is happening ?

I was asking pretty the much the same thing by saying something completely irrelevant in my own language. The phrase translated would be: "Some people wear old worn-down shoes".

The reason I said that is because I really don't know french so I thought I'd just say something; anything... It's one of Cornelis' songs, by the way (he was very popular in Sweden as you might have guessed).
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 20:541 edit
    What is happening ?

I was asking pretty the much the same thing by saying something completely irrelevant in my own language. The phrase translated would be: "Some people wear old worn-down shoes".

The reason I said that is because I really don't know french so I thought I'd just say something; anything... It's one of Cornelis' songs, by the way (he was very popular in Sweden as you might have guessed).
    Stocken: "I was asking pretty the much the same thing by saying something completely irrelevant in my own language."

Now that is a funny coincidence .... πŸ™‚

Stocken: "The reason I said that is because I really don't know french so I thought I'd just say something; anything... "

Well, I did understand Bosse's French, but my French reply was also non-sensical. It is a standard French expression: "Pas d'argent, pas de Suisses" "No money, no Swiss (people)". πŸ˜€

Stocken: "It's one of Cornelis' songs, by the way (he was very popular in Sweden as you might have guessed).

Cornelis Vreeswijk used to be very popular in the Netherlands also, but he went "Up North" and there he has made a remarkable career.

I remember one of his songs called "De nozem en de non" (in Dutch language). A lovestory about a "nozem" (more or less a rebelling young male) and a nun.
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 22:34
    Stocken: "I was asking pretty the much the same thing by saying something completely irrelevant in my own language."

Now that is a funny coincidence .... πŸ™‚

Stocken: "The reason I said that is because I really don't know french so I thought I'd just say something; anything... "

Well, I did understand Bosse's French, but my French reply was al ...[text shortened]... Dutch language). A lovestory about a "nozem" (more or less a rebelling young male) and a nun.
    Did you know that Cornelis was born in Holland but came to Sweden at the modest age of 12. Having problems being understood by his classmates he worked very hard to get to grips with the swedish language. And, man, did he learn swedish. Most swedish folks aren't as articulate and dead-on in our own language, as Cornelis were. He had a very strong ability to get his message through so that it was both fun and thought-provoking, listening to him.

He is certainly missed by a lot of people. Anyway, enough of that already, eh?.. πŸ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree