1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '07 22:351 edit
    my doctor claims that the mind is very powerful and just wishing for something really bad can really happen, if it is possible. you cant wish for a million dollars or a particular girl or anything like that 😕. but for example if you have cancer, he says that if you keep a positive attitude and say "im going to beat this" with enthusiasm, instead of giving up that it is possible it really will happen. is this what prayer is? is it a miracle from God, when you wish for cancer to go away and it does? is it supernatural or psychological?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Mar '07 22:56
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    my doctor claims that the mind is very powerful and just wishing for something really bad can really happen, if it is possible. you cant wish for a million dollars or a particular girl or anything like that 😕. but for example if you have cancer, he says that if you keep a positive attitude and say "im going to beat this" with enthusiasm, instead of gi ...[text shortened]... rom God, when you wish for cancer to go away and it does? is it supernatural or psychological?
    Or both? I think therefore I am.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '07 23:02
    my doctor claims that the mind is very powerful and just wishing for something really bad can really happen, if it is possible. you cant wish for a million dollars or a particular girl or anything like that 😕. but for example if you have cancer, he says that if you keep a positive attitude and say "im going to beat this" with enthusiasm, instead of gi ...[text shortened]... rom God, when you wish for cancer to go away and it does? is it supernatural or psychological?
    There is a scripture that comes to mind that says how you think of yourself is how you wind up. In other words, if you think you are going to have a million dollars it is likely that you will pursue a road for accomplishing this feat rather than thinking you will never hope to have a million dollars and never pursue it. Also it is a medical fact that depression and a poor attitude effects your overall physical well being. To think of your mind and body as seperate entities is a mistake. If one suffers so does the other just as your attitude would be effected if your physical body was in distress.
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '07 23:11
    Originally posted by whodey
    There is a scripture that comes to mind that says how you think of yourself is how you wind up.
    thats good news, im egocentric 😕
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    14 Mar '07 23:171 edit
    Perhaps have a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo

It is pretty well related to your question
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    14 Mar '07 23:20
    Does he believe you can get a new foreskin with positive thoughts?
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '07 00:32
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Does he believe you can get a new foreskin with positive thoughts?
    i would not ask him that. but what he believes is that if you have the will to get better, then you will get better if you are sick or something.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree