Moves
    13 Nov '08 22:51
    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g3LU-250bQGLLZ8T2KtcHiCMcmGAD94DJU4G1
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 23:04
    Chuuuch! Even God rested on the seventh day.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 23:041 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g3LU-250bQGLLZ8T2KtcHiCMcmGAD94DJU4G1
    Whoopee.
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 23:39
    Originally posted by josephw
    Whoopee.
    Literally! 😵

If only more churches would teach a spirituality to sexuality, instead of calling it dirty and making it taboo, sinful, and not appropriate for any kind of conversation - much less doing.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '08 10:29
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Literally! 😵

If only more churches would teach a spirituality to sexuality, instead of calling it dirty and making it taboo, sinful, and not appropriate for any kind of conversation - much less doing.
    Elsewhere you chimed in:

===================================
    Cruelty does not limit itself to the radical elements within Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, etc. etc. It is independent of religion. Violence exists in the absence of religions. The perpetrators of the violent act should be held accountable for a gross injustice, but Islam itself is not at fault. They may claim to be doing it in the name of Islam but it is only a claim. Christians might kill in the name of their God but it is only a claim, for the militant fringe of Christianity are certainly not Christians. If you wish to believe that, well, that's on you.
    ===========================================

What is it with you? Do you like to turn your bigotry on and off according to your mood ?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Nov '08 18:34
    Literally! 😵

Christianity does not teach that sex is dirty. What Christianity teaches is that sex outside of marriage is fornication, and that fornication is a sin.
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 Nov '08 18:56
    Christianity does not teach that sex is dirty. What Christianity teaches is that sex outside of marriage is fornication, and that fornication is a sin.
    When did Adam and Eve get married? Sometime before they ate the forbidden fruit?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Nov '08 19:12
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    When did Adam and Eve get married? Sometime before they ate the forbidden fruit?
    I don't think they needed a formal wedding and all, seein' as how there wasn't anyone else around to marry.

I suppose you think marriage is just some kind of man made thing created when man was primative and wanted to institute a form of female inslavement!
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 Nov '08 19:14
    I don't think they needed a formal wedding and all, seein' as how there wasn't anyone else around to marry.

I suppose you think marriage is just some kind of man made thing created when man was primative and wanted to institute a form of female inslavement!
    Well, were they in fact married or did they fornicate before the traditionally accepted fall into sin?

Are you suggesting that if nobody else is around, fornication is not a sin?
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '08 00:071 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Elsewhere you chimed in:

===================================
    Cruelty does not limit itself to the radical elements within Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, etc. etc. It is independent of religion. Violence exists in the absence of religions. The perpetrators of the violent act should be held accountable for a gross injustice, but Islam itself i ]

What is it with you? Do you like to turn your bigotry on and off according to your mood ?
    Wow, you are making absolutely no sense to me. What is it exactly with either comment that you're somehow interpreting as a bigoted statement?
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '08 00:11
    Christian churches generally don't teach anything about sex - period. About the act. Saying what not to be doing is not helpful in learning what to do. The vast majority of churches (at least here in the US) only teach what is wrong - adultery is wrong, pre-maritial sex is wrong, masturbation is wrong, etc. There is no instruction on what is right. It's like when I had sex ed in school; it was reproductive education but nothing about sex. I had to learn the hard way and parents, school, and churches were no help. By and large they still aren't. That's the point I was addressing.
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Nov '08 08:41
    Oh so marvelous😀😀
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Nov '08 15:54
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Well, were they in fact married or did they fornicate before the traditionally accepted fall into sin?

Are you suggesting that if nobody else is around, fornication is not a sin?
    There's no record of Adam and Eve's sex life before the fall.

Consider this. Before the law was given there was no prohibition against fornicating. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a sin.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Nov '08 15:59
    Christian churches generally don't teach anything about sex - period. About the act. Saying what not to be doing is not helpful in learning what to do. The vast majority of churches (at least here in the US) only teach what is wrong - adultery is wrong, pre-maritial sex is wrong, masturbation is wrong, etc. There is no instruction on what is right. It's lik ...[text shortened]... nd churches were no help. By and large they still aren't. That's the point I was addressing.
    What do you mean you had to learn about sex the hard way?

It seems to me that learning about sex is easy. One does it untill they get it right. What's so hard about that?

Maybe what you mean is, is that you had to deal with guilt about having sex in a context you knew was wrong, and that's what made it so hard.
  15. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    15 Nov '08 17:27
    There's no record of Adam and Eve's sex life before the fall.

Consider this. Before the law was given there was no prohibition against fornicating. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a sin.
    Do you figure that Adam and Eve didn't have genitalia before the Fall? If they did, why did God
    give it to them if not to use in the blessed rapture of conjugals? If they did engage in coïtus, then
    they had to have been married, otherwise Eden wouldn't have been free from sin before the Fall.

Nemesio

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree