Originally posted by kirksey957
    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g3LU-250bQGLLZ8T2KtcHiCMcmGAD94DJU4G1
    It don't matter, just don't bite it.
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 01:31
    Originally posted by josephw
    What do you mean you had to learn about sex the hard way?

It seems to me that learning about sex is easy. One does it untill they get it right. What's so hard about that?

Maybe what you mean is, is that you had to deal with guilt about having sex in a context you knew was wrong, and that's what made it so hard.
    No, by the hard way I meant that I had to learn about sex with no instruction. I had to learn everything on my own, and sex is not easy - it's not a case of "One does it until they get it right." All too often there are extenuating circumstances that prevent "getting it right." Some people never get it right. I have dealt with no guilt about having sex in a context that I supposedly knew was wrong. And I still maintain that, by and large, the people and institutions that should aid this - parents, schools, churches (or where and however one learns morals) are not helpful. At least parents and schools give it a try, half-hearted as it might be. Also, there are exceptions to everything so not every parent is inept at sexual education. Schools and churches remain pathetically so, however.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 00:11
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Do you figure that Adam and Eve didn't have genitalia before the Fall? If they did, why did God
    give it to them if not to use in the blessed rapture of conjugals? If they did engage in coïtus, then
    they had to have been married, otherwise Eden wouldn't have been free from sin before the Fall.

Nemesio
    "Do you figure that Adam and Eve didn't have genitalia before the Fall?"

What's the matter with you?

That's the dumbest question I've ever heard. As a matter of fact your entire post is so stupid I can't keep myself from commenting on it.

Your post is a prime example of most of the mind numbing idiocy I read in here all the time.

It's a waste of time.

Have a nice day! 🙄
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 00:20
    Originally posted by Badwater
    No, by the hard way I meant that I had to learn about sex with no instruction. I had to learn everything on my own, and sex is not easy - it's not a case of "One does it until they get it right." All too often there are extenuating circumstances that prevent "getting it right." Some people never get it right. I have dealt with no guilt about having sex in a ...[text shortened]... parent is inept at sexual education. Schools and churches remain pathetically so, however.
    Instruction?

Who needs instruction? All anyone has to do is let nature take it's course and practice every day.

It's too easy for crying out loud!

All this crap about sex education is for morons.

I do realise that there are exceptions, and that there are a few people that just don't get it, but they are rare.

99% of the population doesn't need "sex education". What they need is to get right with God.
  5. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 01:193 edits
    Instruction?

Who needs instruction? All anyone has to do is let nature take it's course and practice every day.

I do realise that there are exceptions, and that there are a few people that just don't get it, but they are rare.

99% of the population doesn't need "sex education". What they need is to get right with God.
    And here I disagree with everything you've said in this post.

"It's too easy..." - Simple perhaps; there is a profound difference between simple and easy. Rehairing a violin bow is simple, for all that you have to do is tie a strand of horsehair at both ends and wedge it in with some wood. It's one of the simplest things to do, and it's not easy. You might - might - think about getting competent (not good, but competent) after a few hundred tries. Sex is the same way. It's quite simple but it's not easy. There are as many different factors involved as there are people. And since people and their needs and feelings are involved, there really isn't any need or room for screwups, don't you think?

"99% of the population doesn't need "sex education". What they need is to get right with God." - Isn't THAT a loaded statement! There are as many ways to 'get right with God' as there are interpretations of God. That's going to get you on that crowded Road To Nowhere. For example, what about the person who does not believe in God? What about the person who *horrors* doesn't believe in YOUR version of God?

Thank you for emphasizing my point josephw. I have no doubt about the sincerity of your intentions and that you think you're promoting the right thing, but your perspective is the problem at its core. It's the same with churches.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 22:331 edit
    Originally posted by Badwater
    And here I disagree with everything you've said in this post.

[b]"It's too easy..."
    - Simple perhaps; there is a profound difference between simple and easy. Rehairing a violin bow is simple, for all that you have to do is tie a strand of horsehair at both ends and wedge it in with some wood. It's one of the simplest things to do, and it's not easy. your perspective is the problem at its core. It's the same with churches.[/b]
    "Simple perhaps; there is a profound difference between simple and easy. Rehairing a violin bow is simple, for all that you have to do is tie a strand of horsehair at both ends and wedge it in with some wood. It's one of the simplest things to do, and it's not easy. You might - might - think about getting competent (not good, but competent) after a few hundred tries. Sex is the same way. It's quite simple but it's not easy. There are as many different factors involved as there are people. And since people and their needs and feelings are involved, there really isn't any need or room for screwups, don't you think?"

Great analogy. I won't argue with you here. I think perhaps this debate has gone on a tangent.
    But the suggestion that there are as many different factors involved as there are people isn't exactly true. People aren't that much different from each other as one might think.

"There are as many ways to 'get right with God' as there are interpretations of God."

That is patently wrong. I'll have to come back later to explain why, but right now I gotta go.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 13:121 edit
    [b]"Do you figure that Adam and Eve didn't have genitalia before the Fall?"

What's the matter with you?

That's the dumbest question I've ever heard. As a matter of fact your entire post is so stupid I can't keep myself from commenting on it.

Your post is a prime example of most of the mind numbing idiocy I read in here all the time.

It's a waste of time.

Have a nice day! 🙄[/b]
    Agree completely.

However this sex challenge by the Dallas pastor is a close second, and underlines that organised denominational christianity is dead.
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 14:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 14:04
    Instruction?

Let me try this again. I said the "p" and "v" words and it got deleted. What in the name of heaven is wrong with kids learning about sexually transmitted diseases? What is wrong with them learning about birth control? What is wrong with them learning about the serious consequences of pregnancy? What is wrong with them learning about deepening relationships? Somehow you think it is only about the mechanics of intercourse. You know abstinence could be a form of sex education.

How many kids do you have? I bet it is at least 6, maybe more.
  10. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 15:55
    Let me try this again. I said the "p" and "v" words and it got deleted. What in the name of heaven is wrong with kids learning about sexually transmitted diseases? What is wrong with them learning about birth control? What is wrong with them learning about the serious consequences of pregnancy? What is wrong with them learning about deepening relatio ...[text shortened]... a form of sex education.

How many kids do you have? I bet it is at least 6, maybe more.
    I know the "p word" is the original spelling of "pirp"/what Cribs was banned for/what you call a brotha for whom it is hard out there, but what's the "v word" 😉?

We definitely need sex education. Having the school nurse come into our seventh-grade science class and put a condom on a zucchini was like a major formative experience for the sense of humour of those of us who didn't manage to lose our virginity until rather beyond the age of twelve.

Seriously, I agree completely, and I'd also add that the arguments we sometimes hear about practical forms of sex education (like the condom and the zucchini) undermining abstinence education kind of miss the point. I suspect most teenagers who abstain do so exactly until they have the opportunity to not abstain anymore. The circumstances for this opportunity can vary hugely, and it's just not socially practical or even fair to insist that it be otherwise (by telling everyone to wait until marriage) and then fail to give some recourse if the insistence fails.

Silly as it may sound, I am glad I saw the zucchini; the ins and outs (tee hee) of birth control are probably among the most practical things I learnt in school.
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 19:06
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    I know the "p word" is the original spelling of "pirp"/what Cribs was banned for/what you call a brotha for whom it is hard out there, but what's the "v word" 😉?

We definitely need sex education. Having the school nurse come into our seventh-grade science class and put a condom on a zucchini was like a major formative experience for the sense of hu ...[text shortened]... hee) of birth control are probably among the most practical things I learnt in school.
    Exactly, my little perp! The "p" was for an anatomically correct term. It would be like if I couldn't say pelvis or patella. The "v" word was also an anatomically correct term. There should be nothing more shameful about it than say a word like "vagus nerve". But such are the times we live in.

I remember once hearing masturbation talked about in a very normal context and normalizing way in church of all places when I was a teenager. What a beautiful word of grace.
  12. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 19:281 edit
    Exactly, my little perp! The "p" was for an anatomically correct term. It would be like if I couldn't say pelvis or patella. The "v" word was also an anatomically correct term. There should be nothing more shameful about it than say a word like "vagus nerve". But such are the times we live in.

I remember once hearing masturbation talked about in a ...[text shortened]... izing way in church of all places when I was a teenager. What a beautiful word of grace.
    This is totally bizarre. You can say "masturbation" but you can't talk about the, erm, tools that such activities involve.

EDIT The other important thing I learnt in school was the word "invagination", which my biology teacher used to say instead of maybe "hole". Robomod doesn't kill this one.
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 19:33
    This is totally bizarre. You can say "masturbation" but you can't talk about the, erm, tools that such activities involve.

EDIT The other important thing I learnt in school was the word "invagination", which my biology teacher used to say instead of maybe "hole". Robomod doesn't kill this one.
    As you are sponsoring the RHP 2009 verse competition in the cultural forum, you may want to be aware of restrictions upon "literary license".
  14. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 19:351 edit
    As you are sponsoring the RHP 2009 verse competition in the cultural forum, you may want to be aware of restrictions upon "literary license".
    Are this the restrictions that make a great big invagination in our pirpin' poetic prowess?

(Also it would be many miles into the old honour-and-a-pleasure cookie jar if you represented up in there.)
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 21:44

Check out top of page 4 in "Pick one rock song" thread in culture forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree