1. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    10 Jul '05 08:51
    Quite frankly, I have to wonder at Wayne Enterprises. With all of the high tech that batman just throws away on a near daily basis (and which he surely writes off as a business loss) I have to wonder at what kind of conditions this "hero" gives his workers. If you ask me, I highly suspect that Wayne Enterprises is probably to blame for the failing economy of Gotham city (compare to the economic powerbase of any industrial town whose factories share a common denominator in GNP, and subsequently the repercussions of such powerbase showing a pattern of actions which inherantly increases the cost of production materials). More likely than not, Bruce Wayne is cooking the books. How else can he remain in charge of such an empire while pissing away God knows how much company resources? It smells of Enron.

The streets of Gotham always depict a clear scene of poverty in streets lined with elaborate and lavish skyscrapers, clearly inferring a complete lack of a middle class. As Wayne Enterprises is the obvious giant in the local economy, just who do you suppose is to blame for the apparent lack of jobs that pay a living wage? More likely than not, the extremely high crime rate is due to the blue collars inability to produce a decent standard of living through an honest days work. Pretty ironic. Batman is probably usually kicking the crap out of a guy he laid off last month, and could prevent much more crime than he does now if he would just stay home and increase all of his workers pay by 30%. Seriously, some hero! He fires the guy and then he hauls him off to jail when he has to turn to a life of crime to feed his family. Heck, I bet half of Batmans best villians are probably really disgruntled department managers he downsized.

If the bastardard could just stop being so wasteful! I mean, look at the batmobile. Is that huge jet of flame coming out the back really necesary? With the price of gas these days, that must be some travel expenses write off! Not to mention the neon accent lights, the video phone, and probably half a dozen other veritably useless functions of the batmobile that cost a fortune. All on a car he totals every other movie! Oh yeah, let's not forget the expenses inherent to having a ultra-state-o-tha-art command center, half of whose functions are to simply "look cool". Does the batmobile HAVE to rise up on a rotating pillar out of the ground? Can't he just park it in a garage like everyone else? How many computers does he NEED down there? Let us not forget that this was all put into a CAVE (certainly inherantly more expensive than in a traditional structure) which sits beneath a (minimum) 100,000 square foot mansion which houses (at most, if you include both side kicks and servant) four people. Can you image what it costs to keep that place looking so immaculate? Not to mention the property taxes, my God!

Let's face it, batman may want you to look at him like he's a real cool super hero, but in reality he is simply the most wasteful SOB on the planet who creates the majority of his citys problems.
  2. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    10 Jul '05 12:222 edits
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    Quite frankly, I have to wonder at Wayne Enterprises. With all of the high tech that batman just throws away on a near daily basis (and which he surely writes off as a business loss) I have to wonder at what kind of conditions this "hero ...[text shortened]... SOB on the planet who creates the majority of his citys problems.
    You didn't mention how years of working 12hr shifts 6 days a week in the freezer of Wayne's Packing Company geneticly altered a man that had been so honest that co-workers called him "the Nun"

Or, the man that The Wayne Laboratory used to test an LSD spiked laughing gas without telling him about the LSD or the hyena dna that was in the added nasal spray and caused an instant delusion of being Bozo the clown . This poor man tried his best to join Barnum Bailey and Wayne's Circus and was told that clown's have to register names .He HAD registered it .That's when he found out that a coworker's teenage step-son that used to visit Wayne Manor when little Dicky Grayson was away at summer camp, had just graduated clown school (all paid for the Wayne Teenage Boys umm Helping Hand Foundation) and at the graduation ceremony Bruce Wayne as a standin for the boys biological father had suggested the name Bozo. ( a side note is needed here: the boys father had been reported killed in a cave-in at nearby Wayne's Gold Mine however the boy's Mom had told the "Im so happy your Daddy is digging out basements ,for Wanye's Excavation Company instead of working in the mine " just the day before him and 122 other men were reported lost. )
    When told that Bozo was already taken , Wayne had said "I can fix that".
    The man went back and told the Registrar about having registered it but was told " You must be Joking !!!!!!!!haha"

That's when he became a murderer and witnesses said that his laugh was the most insanely demonic hyena-like sound they had ever heard.and he had killed the registrar by leaving a landmine under a burning paper bag and knocking on the closed office door.
  3. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '05 18:47
    I see there are some future script writers here. 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree