Pray Request ...

Pray Request ...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
Checkmate 2 U!

Checkmating you!

Moves
29 Jan 07

I don't know what a MANTRA study is, but I know what happened to me. When I was 5 or 6, I caught my hand in the trunk of a hatchback. My parnts immediately put it in ice and prayed. When they took it out of the ice, there was no break, blood, not even any evidence that it happend. That is the power of prayer.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
29 Jan 07

Originally posted by Acemaster
I don't know what a MANTRA study is, but I know what happened to me. When I was 5 or 6, I caught my hand in the trunk of a hatchback. My parnts immediately put it in ice and prayed. When they took it out of the ice, there was no break, blood, not even any evidence that it happend. That is the power of prayer.
Maybe (a) bone and sinew at that age is rather flexible, (b) there were still some millimeters of space between the trunk and its lid, (c) your childhood memory is unreliable.

I once squeezed my sister's finger (accidentally) in the join of a door. It hurt at lot, and temporarily bent her finger.Bbut there was no lasting damage. And I didn't even apply ice or pray.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
30 Jan 07

Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
I don't believe in the efficacy of intercessory prayer. However, I sincerely *hope* everything will work out for you and your wife.
Do you think prayer may have value as a "centering" type of exercise somewhat like meditation in which the body may benefit from lower stress, blood pressure, etc. ?

w

Moves
30 Jan 07

Maybe (a) bone and sinew at that age is rather flexible, (b) there were still some millimeters of space between the trunk and its lid, (c) your childhood memory is unreliable.

I once squeezed my sister's finger (accidentally) in the join of a door. It hurt at lot, and temporarily bent her finger.Bbut there was no lasting damage. And I didn't even apply ice or pray.
I think you will find that if miracles actually do occur, that people will continue to find ways to explain them away despite the apparent evidence to the contrary.

Conversly, I think you will find that when people falsely claim that miracles have occured when, in fact, they have not occured, people will continue to find ways to explain how a miracle did occur despite the apparent evidence to the contrary.

So what are we left with? If you ask me, all we are left with is our respective belief systems. So pick and choose what you want to believe. Is it faith or is it unbelief? Which belief system do you think is a healthier outlook in general?

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
30 Jan 07

Originally posted by kirksey957
Do you think prayer may have value as a "centering" type of exercise somewhat like meditation in which the body may benefit from lower stress, blood pressure, etc. ?
Yes.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
30 Jan 07
2 edits

Originally posted by whodey
I think you will find that if miracles actually do occur, that people will continue to find ways to explain them away despite the apparent evidence to the contrary.

Conversly, I think you will find that when people falsely claim that miracles have occured when, in fact, they have not occured, people will continue to find ways to explain how a miracle did o ...[text shortened]... it faith or is it unbelief? Which belief system do you think is a healthier outlook in general?
No, I don't think I will find that.

There is a word for people who refuse to consider reasonable alternative everyday explanations for curious events just because they don't happen to like those explanations.

That word is: bone-headed.

A
Checkmate 2 U!

Checkmating you!

Moves
30 Jan 07

There is a word for people who refuse to consider reasonable alternative everyday explanations for curious events just because they don't happen to like those explanations.

That word is: bone-headed.[/b]
There is a word for people who refuse to consider reasonable explanations that happen to mention miricles that were done by God just because they don't happen to like those explainations.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
30 Jan 07

Why did they bother with the ice?

D

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
30 Jan 07

There is a word for people who refuse to consider reasonable explanations that happen to mention miricles that were done by God just because they don't happen to like those explainations.

No. I did consider the explanation. Then, I rejected it. That is perfectly reasonable.

You, however, did not even consider other explanations. You jumped thoughtlessly to a preferred conclusion. This makes you unreasonable.