Prayer Request

Prayer Request

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
29 Sep 08

Could somebody please pray to Jesus and ask him if he called Reverend Kirksey home?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
29 Sep 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Could somebody please pray to Jesus and ask him if he called Reverend Kirksey home?
God bless, my brotha. I've been limited of late as my computer is being shipped off. Nonetheless, my creativity is not dead. I'm about to put up a very special BWA contest in the debate forums that I think all will enjoy.

Some stuff I can't say on a work computer. The moderators at work are worse than the ones here.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
29 Sep 08

Doc, one other bit of news. I've been associatin with some people that hunt rattlesnakes and take them to churches. They are very interestin people. They like to ride around on four-wheelers and carry Uzzi's. I'm hopin to get some pics of me and some good size canebrake rattlers. It's all very interesting to bring Jesus to people who collect snakes and carry Uzzi's.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
29 Sep 08

Originally posted by kirksey957
Doc, one other bit of news. I've been associatin with some people that hunt rattlesnakes and take them to churches. They are very interestin people. They like to ride around on four-wheelers and carry Uzzi's. I'm hopin to get some pics of me and some good size canebrake rattlers. It's all very interesting to bring Jesus to people who collect snakes and carry Uzzi's.
That's the very thing I was worried about. I figured you had gone to minister to somebody and got bit by a rattler running loose in their house and were now feasting at God's table on some heavenly fried chicken. Be careful out there. You don't want to die before seeing the first black man become President.

w

Moves
01 Oct 08

With prayers like this being answered soon you will have no choice but to convert to a life of faith.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Oct 08

That's the very thing I was worried about. I figured you had gone to minister to somebody and got bit by a rattler running loose in their house and were now feasting at God's table on some heavenly fried chicken. Be careful out there. You don't want to die before seeing the first black man become President.
I have always found it interesting how Obama is labeled 'black' in the US whereas over here he would be considered 'colored'. I guess the situation there is different. Here a lot of 'colored' people feel that they are getting discriminated against by both black and white - though the true situation is more complicated than that. Obama would certainly find it difficult to get elected in either South Africa or Zambia simply because he would not be considered 'black' over here.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Oct 08
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
With prayers like this being answered soon you will have no choice but to convert to a life of faith.
Do we have any evidence that anyone actually made the prayer, or did God answer it in advance?

If God responds to a persons prayer in advance thus causing the person to not actually pray, is there a risk of creating a time paradox?

If God makes a decision based on the future, thus changing the future, does that prove that he knows all possible futures?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
02 Oct 08
4 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
I have always found it interesting how Obama is labeled 'black' in the US whereas over here he would be considered 'colored'. I guess the situation there is different. Here a lot of 'colored' people feel that they are getting discriminated against by both black and white - though the true situation is more complicated than that. Obama would certainly find ...[text shortened]... ther South Africa or Zambia simply because he would not be considered 'black' over here.
If it were still 1960, he would be called 'colored' here as well. That term sort of went out of fashion after the Civil Rights movement, which did away with 'colored restrooms,' 'colored schools,' 'colored musicians clubs' and so on. It has simply been replaced with the term 'black,' meaning the same thing.

What distinguishes a colored person from a black person in your land? The percent racial makeup in the bloodline, or the actual shade of the skin?

Cape Town

Moves
02 Oct 08

If it were still 1960, he would be called 'colored' here as well. That term sort of went out of fashion after the Civil Rights movement, which did away with 'colored restrooms,' 'colored schools,' 'colored musicians clubs' and so on. It has simply been replaced with the term 'black,' meaning the same thing.
But there, 'colored' meant 'non-white', in Zambia it generally means mixed race, In South Africa it tends to mean 'non-white' and 'non-black' - in Cape Town a large proportion of those people labeled 'colored' are in fact of Indonesian or Asian origin.

What distinguishes a colored person from a black person in your land? The percent racial makeup in the bloodline, or the actual shade of the skin?
Generally, if you are clearly not pure white or pure black then you are labeled colored. As mentioned above, in Zambia, Asians would not be called colored, in South Africa they would.
In South Africa, it was of course a legal classification in the past and had significant implications. I believe that there was recently a ruling that South Africans of Chinese decent can now benefit from 'Black Economic Empowerment' as they were discriminated against during aparthied.
Obama is on the darker side of mixed race, but if he came to Zambia, he would look distinctly lighter than the average. As a result he would have difficulty standing for president. I must point out that that is much more xenophobia than racism. If someone was clearly black but clearly from another part of Africa, they would have similar difficulties. I must also say that at any level lower than president it would not be a problem and might even be an advantage.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
02 Oct 08

Originally posted by kirksey957
Can you hook a brother up with some of that action?