1. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 03:12
    I would ask that no matter what name you call God, that you include me in your prayers. I would do the same, who's interested?
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 03:13
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    I would ask that no matter what name you call God, that you include me in your prayers. I would do the same, who's interested?
    Covering your bases?
  3. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 03:241 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Covering your bases?
    At first I thought to ask only Christians. But I do believe God is God, and to exclude other religions in my opinion would be wrong.
    I mean I only want people that believe as I do to pray for me? Even Christians are divided amongst themselves in beliefs. So I think that if an Islamic prays to Allah to help me, it's all good.
    Just as long as some feedback goes to The Almighty, that's the object here.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 04:53
    I am curious about what you think prayer of this kind achieves. Does God judge you based on how many people prayed for you? Does God help you based on how many people prayed for you? Or do you just get a warm fuzzy feeling when you think people are praying for you?
  5. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 05:28
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am curious about what you think prayer of this kind achieves. Does God judge you based on how many people prayed for you? Does God help you based on how many people prayed for you? Or do you just get a warm fuzzy feeling when you think people are praying for you?
    No, no and no
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 08:38
    i would never pray to god. i wouldn't presume on our friendship
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 11:10
    At first I thought to ask only Christians. But I do believe God is God, and to exclude other religions in my opinion would be wrong.
    I mean I only want people that believe as I do to pray for me? Even Christians are divided amongst themselves in beliefs. So I think that if an Islamic prays to Allah to help me, it's all good.
    Just as long as some feedback goes to The Almighty, that's the object here.
    This is an interesting post. You bring up a number of things, but I'm going to limit my reply to just one point.

You said; "At first I thought to ask only Christians. But I do believe God is God, and to exclude other religions in my opinion would be wrong."

Christianity is the only "religion" that has a mediator between man and God. Jesus Christ. Without Christ one is separated from God by their sin. Being separated from God by sin means that one will pray in vain until they have trusted in what Jesus did at the cross on their behalf. When one has trusted Christ as their saviour and is regenerated by the Holy Spirit(baptised into Christ), only then is one brought back into a relationship with God.

One must have a relationship with God based on what He has done to restore that relationship in order to have any hope that God will respond to their petitions and prayers.

All true Christians are united in this belief, and anyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ, that one is a false believer.

I'm praying for you Ice Cold.
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 11:50
    May All Beings Be Happy (the Cowboy From Hell included) 😵
  9. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 18:40
    Originally posted by josephw
    This is an interesting post. You bring up a number of things, but I'm going to limit my reply to just one point.

You said; [b]"At first I thought to ask only Christians. But I do believe God is God, and to exclude other religions in my opinion would be wrong."

Christianity is the only "religion" that has a mediator between man and God. Jesus Christ ...[text shortened]... s that Jesus is the Christ, that one is a false believer.

I'm praying for you Ice Cold.[/b]
    Christianity in not a religion, it is a personal relationship with The Almighty, and a way of life. It goes much deeper than dogma. 🙂 IMO
    And thank you Joseph.
  10. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 18:41
    Originally posted by black beetle
    May All Beings Be Happy (the Cowboy From Hell included) 😵
    Thanks Beetle 🙂
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 19:11

You said; [b]"At first I thought to ask only Christians. But I do believe God is God, and to exclude other religions in my opinion would be wrong."

Christianity is the only "religion" that has a mediator between man and God. Jesus Christ ...[text shortened]... s that Jesus is the Christ, that one is a false believer.

I'm praying for you Ice Cold.[/b]
    http://athousandyoung.blogspot.com/2010/03/it-obviously-makes-sense.html
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 23:55
    Christianity in not a religion, it is a personal relationship with The Almighty, and a way of life. It goes much deeper than dogma. 🙂 IMO
    And thank you Joseph.
    You're right, it's not a religion.

And it's not about dogma. It's about doctrine.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Mar '10 01:30
    You're right, it's not a religion.

And it's not about dogma. It's about doctrine.
    Its not about doctrine. Its a way of life .. its about giving of yourself selflessly to others.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 11:00
    Me. Most certainly. Ice Cold is easy to remember because I'm like all firey and that, and opposites are easy to consolidate.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 13:28
    No, no and no
    So are you willing to tell me what it does achieve, or simply leave me knowing that my best guesses are all wrong?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree