she must now bring arguments to support her claim. this should be fun
  2. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 09:13
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i don't agree
    The very bible is a catholic concoction, isn't it? As is trinity?

Most Christians today doesn't seem to realise that there were many
    other scriptures that the Catholic church decided not to include in
    the bible, and that trinity is really only defined in the catholic doctrine,
    not the bible itself.

I think she'll find it hard to sustain the argument that Catholics are not
    Christians, unless she's going to show how Catholics have repeatedly
    broken with Jesus' teachings over the centuries and twisted his words (as
    given in the bible that they put together) through their doctrine.

Yeah, Christianity is just one big mess when you start digging. 🙄
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 09:16
    Originally posted by Jigtie
    The very bible is a catholic concoction, isn't it? As is trinity?

Most Christians today doesn't seem to realise that there were many
    other scriptures that the Catholic church decided not to include in
    the bible, and that trinity is really only defined in the catholic doctrine,
    not the bible itself.

I think she'll find it hard to sustain th ...[text shortened]... rough their doctrine.

Yeah, Christianity is just one big mess when you start digging. 🙄
    i am curious to see what she comes up with.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 09:45
    Some christians is of this opinion: "You don't believe the same way that I do, therefore you are not a true christian!" Whit "a real christian" they mean that the other one is not going to heaven when he dies.

Example: Jehovas Wittnes thinks that the blood is sacred, therefore the rather risc the life of their loved ones by not allow blood transfusion, rather than risc them not to go to heaven. People who do use blood transfusion in order to stay alive after a medical operation will not ever go to heaven, i.e. are not true christians.

So a lot of christians don't see catolic people as christians, a lot of christians don't see protestants as christians, a lot of christians don't see other people as christians if they don't believe as they do. I say, heaven is an empty place...
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 10:56
    Catholics are Christians allright, along with Simonians of Acts 8, Cerintheians, Judaizers, Circumcisers of Acts 15:1, Nicolaitans of Rev.2:6, The “Synagogue of Satan” of Rev.2:9, The “Throne of Satan” of Rev. 2:13, The “doctrine of Balaam” of Rev.2:14, Nazareans or “Jewish-Christians”, Docetism, Gnosticism, Neo-Gnosticism, Agnosticism, Marcionites, Ebionites, Montanism, Monarchians, Tritheism, Modalism, Basidilians, Carpocratians, Tertullianists, Origenists, Manicheans, Millenarians, Novatians Donatists, Arians, Macedonians, Appollinarists, Jovinians, Vigilantians, Pelagians, Semipelagians, Nestorians, Predestinarians, Monophysites Paulicians, Monothelites Iconoclasts, Adoptionists, Orthodox-Roman Catholic, Petrobrosians, Henricians, Waldenses, Albiguenses, Fraticelli, Flagellants, Lollards of John Wycliffe, Hussites, Moravians, “Church of the Brotherhood”, United Brethren, Protestants, Lutherans, Zwinglians, Church of England, Calvinism, Anabaptists, Episcopalians, Mennonites, Presbyterians, Puritans, Congregationalism, Huguenots, Reformed Dutch, Unitarians, Socinians, Baptists, Rosicrucians, Episcopalians, Quakers or Society of Friends, Universalists, Jansenists, Freemasonry, Shakers-Union Society, Methodists-“Holy Club”, Moravians-Church of the Brotherhood-United Brethren, Unitarians, Universalism, Unitarian-Universalist Association, Mormons, Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Spiritualistic Churches, Salvation Army, Ku-Klux-Klan, Christian Science Church, Old Catholics, Modernists, Reformed Churches, Holiness Churches, Church of God, Church of Christ, Church of God in Christ, Pentecostal Movement, Charismatic Renewal, Snake Handlers, Worldwide Church of God, United Christian Evangelistic Association, Moonies-the Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of World Christianity, National Association of Evangelicals, Wicca, Church of Satan, Church of Scientology, Way International, Church universal and Triumphal, United Unitarian Universalist Association, Fraternity of St. Pius X, Palmar de Troya, Churches for Homosexuals, Children of God, New Age, Peoples Temple of Jim Jones, Branch Davidians WACO …and the beat goes on;
    Religion, the greatest invention after the invention of "God"!
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 11:34
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Some christians is of this opinion: "You don't believe the same way that I do, therefore you are not a true christian!" Whit "a real christian" they mean that the other one is not going to heaven when he dies.

Example: Jehovas Wittnes thinks that the blood is sacred, therefore the rather risc the life of their loved ones by not allow blood transfusion, ...[text shortened]... ople as christians if they don't believe as they do. I say, heaven is an empty place...
    yes, but to say that perhaps the oldest kind of christianity, the ones that are closest in time to jesus is the wrong kind is perhaps a little arrogant. we all know that stories change as time passes. so if now we say that jesus fed the crowd with 5 fish and 3 breads(or whatever that number was) maybe there were 10 fish and 5 breads and some goat cheese as well.

so how can the protestants claim they have a better understanding of the bible when all their informations are taken from what the catholics passed on?
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 11:34
    i don't agree
    It won't be. It will be very predictable. It will go something like this. They pervert the Word. They are not a true church. End of story.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 11:35
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Catholics are Christians allright, along with Simonians of Acts 8, Cerintheians, Judaizers, Circumcisers of Acts 15:1, Nicolaitans of Rev.2:6, The “Synagogue of Satan” of Rev.2:9, The “Throne of Satan” of Rev. 2:13, The “doctrine of Balaam” of Rev.2:14, Nazareans or “Jewish-Christians”, Docetism, Gnosticism, Neo-Gnosticism, Agnosticism, Marcionites, Ebi ...[text shortened]... s WACO …and the beat goes on;
    Religion, the greatest invention after the invention of "God"!
    did you paste it from somewhere or you compiled it yourself? because if the latter is true you need to get out more.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 11:43
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    It won't be. It will be very predictable. It will go something like this. They pervert the Word. They are not a true church. End of story.
    i bet you 2:1 she will find verses in the bible that are obviously interpreted wrong by catholics and correct by protestants.
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 12:10
    did you paste it from somewhere or you compiled it yourself? because if the latter is true you need to get out more.
    I just noted the most well known Christian branches/ heresies.
    I see any religion as a tool to manipulate people, however I firmly beleive that everybody must be free to make his/ her own choise; and, what do you mean mentioning that "I had to get out more"?
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 12:221 edit
    I just noted the most well known Christian branches/ heresies.
    I see any religion as a tool to manipulate people, however I firmly beleive that everybody must be free to make his/ her own choise; and, what do you mean mentioning that "I had to get out more"?
    because it seems you could have made the same point with just 4-5 of those examples. you used a sledgehammer to crack an egg - a huge and useless overkill as i doubt most people would read all of those examples. i for one didn't: i got the point you were making from the first examples. that is why i suggested you should find a hobby 😀
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 12:37
    You get "the point" only when you read the note in full, as from even from the mere names of those branches you can get a clue for what kind of thinking we have to deal. Here we are talking about a huge power tool and of course about the desire of the priests to use "religion" the way I pointed. Overkill? Not at all. And religions are meaningless once you have a heart and a mind, once you have a deep respect for Life, once you live leaving your egoism aside
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 12:411 edit
    You get "the point" only when you read the note in full, as from even from the mere names of those branches you can get a clue for what kind of thinking we have to deal. Here we are talking about a huge power tool and of course about the desire of the priests to use "religion" the way I pointed. Overkill? Not at all. And religions are meaningless once y ...[text shortened]... t and a mind, once you have a deep respect for Life, once you live leaving your egoism aside
    a buddhist living in meditation and claiming all life is sacred is selfish? the bastard, how dares he to live his life not hurting anyone.

i think i would like to be that kind of selfish

edit: it is an endless enumeration of religions you think are false. i just had to read the first two, some in the middle and the last sentence to understand what you mean. perhaps for you examples are only meaningful if they come in herds of 100.
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 12:47
    Having and claiming your opinion does not mean you 're egoist!
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 12:561 edit
    so how can the protestants claim they have a better understanding of the bible when all their informations are taken from what the catholics passed on?
    Because they think they are nearer to god...?

I've heard catholics use this argument, it could work for protestants and jehovas witnesses and everyone...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree