Problems with Darwin's theory of Evolution

Problems with Darwin's theory of Evolution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 May 12

Frog to a Prince 1/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=dEyJ9g-Op4A

Frog to a Prince 2/2
&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Cape Town

Moves
18 May 12

Since every other time you have posted what you claimed were 'Problems with Darwin's theory of Evolution', you later admitted that they were wrong, why don't you admit it now so we don't have to bother watching the videos?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 May 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
Since every other time you have posted what you claimed were 'Problems with Darwin's theory of Evolution', you later admitted that they were wrong, why don't you admit it now so we don't have to bother watching the videos?
Well, this video present comments from Dawkins, a strong supporter of evolution, and comments of biological scientists that see problems with believing in evolution as proven fact. I think it is worth taking a look at so you can better make an informed decision.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 May 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Well, this video present comments from Dawkins, a strong supporter of evolution, and comments of biological scientists that see problems with believing in evolution as proven fact. I think it is worth taking a look at so you can better make an informed decision.
I remember when you first came to this forum (this was before before you started 'pumpkin eating'😉 you through your toys out the pram and promptly left declaring you would never come back because all people did here was talk about evolution. You wanted to talk about the Bible and scripture with people, now just over a year later you start more threads about evolution than the rest of us put together. Rather odd don't you think?!

Cape Town

Moves
18 May 12

I have already been to school and studied biology (unlike you) and that was more than enough to understand evolution and how it works. You repeatedly posting what you know to be lies and falsehoods is not going to change that.
So, why don't you simply admit at the start of each thread that you know that what you post is false and that the only reason you post it is because you think it makes your religion look more believable. Instead you wait until people point out all your mistakes, then you make the admission - and start a new thread with a new set of falsehoods.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 May 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I remember when you first came to this forum (this was before before you started 'pumpkin eating'😉 you through your toys out the pram and promptly left declaring you would never come back because all people did here was talk about evolution. You wanted to talk about the Bible and scripture with people, now just over a year later you start more threads about evolution than the rest of us put together. Rather odd don't you think?!
Very odd. But to man it seems, the Lord works in mysterious ways. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 May 12

I have already been to school and studied biology (unlike you) and that was more than enough to understand evolution and how it works. You repeatedly posting what you know to be lies and falsehoods is not going to change that.
So, why don't you simply admit at the start of each thread that you know that what you post is false and that the only reason you ...[text shortened]... ur mistakes, then you make the admission - and start a new thread with a new set of falsehoods.
Well you have failed to point out any lies and falsehoods in this video yet. But I'm sure you can do it or at least conjure up some.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 May 12

Well you have failed to point out any lies and falsehoods in this video yet. But I'm sure you can do it or at least conjure up some.
is this the altered video clip? The one debunked?

Moves
18 May 12

Cape Town

Moves
18 May 12

But whats the point? You know yourself that there are lies and falsehoods in the video. Once I point them out, you will happily admit them and start a new thread.

P

Moves
18 May 12

But whats the point? You know yourself that there are lies and falsehoods in the video. Once I point them out, you will happily admit them and start a new thread.
In my experience, he very rarely admits them. He starts another thread on another topic and then, a few weeks later, when the first thread has dropped off the radar, repeats the first lies and falsehoods in a slightly different way.

--- Penguin

h

Moves
18 May 12

Originally posted by Penguin
In my experience, he very rarely admits them. He starts another thread on another topic and then, a few weeks later, when the first thread has dropped off the radar, repeats the first lies and falsehoods in a slightly different way.

--- Penguin
Interesting. I haven’t been here long enough to observe this myself -but now I know.

….repeats the first lies and falsehoods in a slightly different way.

I take it that he does it in a “slightly different way” in the hope that we wouldn't notice he is repeating the same falsehoods so we have to put much more time effort into debunking them.

P

Moves
18 May 12

Originally posted by humy
Interesting. I haven’t been here long enough to observe this myself -but now I know.

….repeats the first lies and falsehoods in a slightly different way.

I take it that he does it in a “slightly different way” in the hope that we wouldn't notice he is repeating the same falsehoods so we have to put much more time effort into debunking them.

No, you don't. Just because I have said it, doesn't make it true. I have not provided any evidence to back this up and it may well be that I am mis-remembering.

I will try to find a few examples. I think it's just that he finds another way of phrasing the argument, or another web-page or you-tube video to post. It's possible that we all do this if a debate tails off without being resolved in a desired direction. I have probably done it myself in arguments against God. Of course I thank that I am doing it because the theists didn't understand it the first time and the theists are probably exactly the same as us but in the other direction.

I don't want to be seen as attacking RJ specifically, he is just one of the more prolific examples.

--- Penguin.

P

Moves
18 May 12
1 edit

No, you don't. Just because I have said it, doesn't make it true. I have not provided any evidence to back this up and it may well be that I am mis-remembering.

I take it that he does it in a “slightly different way” in the hope that we wouldn't notice he is attacking RJ specifically, he is just one of the more prolific examples.

--- Penguin.
I have just wasted significant time that I can't afford going about this the wrong way. I found about 50 threads that RJ started and was going through them each, looking at the thread, whether it was an attack on Evolution or science in general, whether it contained logical fallacies, whether his points were refuted, whether he had acknowledged the refutation and particularly whether he was repeating a previously refuted argument.

What I should have done was collected all of his posts and gone through those. I really need to set up a database for this, rather than a spreadsheet. Unfortunately, this is a project I really can't afford to spend the time on. Maybe someone with spare time could have a go. I certainly don't mind if they want to apply the procedure to my posts as well.

It would certainly be interesting to see if there actually is any evidence to support my evaluation of RJ's (or anyone else's) behaviour.

--- Penguin

Cape Town

Moves
18 May 12

In my experience, he very rarely admits them.
He more or less has been doing so recently. He ends up saying something along the lines of:
"OK so I know what I posted is all nonsense, but the Bible is still true, and evolution is still false! Hallelujah!".