1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 15:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Hey, man, you don't talk to the Jaywill. You listen to him. The man's shrunk my mind. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "Do you know th ...[text shortened]... have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas..
    Careful. You'll give me flashbacks ...

A movie theatre, a can of Copenhagen, a bota bag of rum, a large coke purchased onsite. When they cut into that water buffalo, everything was spinning. It was my third time watching my favorite film.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 16:131 edit
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Careful. You'll give me flashbacks ...

A movie theatre, a can of Copenhagen, a bota bag of rum, a large coke purchased onsite. When they cut into that water buffalo, everything was spinning. It was my third time watching my favorite film.
    i see, mmmmm, would you like to lay down on my couch and tell me about it, just a moment until i get a notepad. There are excerpts that are truly phenomenal, some that are surreal and others that are all too rea,l in fact, the reality is scarier than the fiction. Always been a huge fan of The Doors, awesome film.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 17:081 edit
    Originally posted by Badwater
    This is utter nonsense on your part.

The Trinity and the Triune God are defined differently theologically. There is no "vs." here, they are definitions of different theological ideas. The only Bible students that would confuse these two terms as being the same are the ones that haven't been bothered to take a basic seminary course.

You'll forgive me for assuming that you are part of that group.
    ============================
    This is utter nonsense on your part.

The Trinity and the Triune God are defined differently theologically. There is no "vs." here, they are definitions of different theological ideas. The only Bible students that would confuse these two terms as being the same are the ones that haven't been bothered to take a basic seminary course.

You'll forgive me for assuming that you are part of that group.
    =============================

There is no need of forgiveness. I have never been a seminary student.
    I studied NT Greek with some people who hired a seminary professor as a tutor.

But if you would like to educate me, go ahead and elucidate the difference you have learned between the Trinity and the Triune God.

Maybe I could learn from your seminary experience. But I caution you that I will weigh what you define with sources at my disposal.

Straighten me out please.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 18:23
    i see, mmmmm, would you like to lay down on my couch and tell me about it, just a moment until i get a notepad. There are excerpts that are truly phenomenal, some that are surreal and others that are all too rea,l in fact, the reality is scarier than the fiction. Always been a huge fan of The Doors, awesome film.
    I read the book, too.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 20:01
    I read the book, too.
    books are always better, for they foment the imagination, whereas films tend to do everything for us. Which did you enjoy more?
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 20:50
    books are always better, for they foment the imagination, whereas films tend to do everything for us. Which did you enjoy more?
    The film.

But, your generalization holds true despite this exception. It is a rare film that equals a book, especially when the book is well written. Dan Brown's books can be skipped for the movie versions. The Road (2009) is faithful to, but not the equal to Cormac McCarthy's novel. Most books are far superior to the movie versions.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 21:06
    The film.

But, your generalization holds true despite this exception. It is a rare film that equals a book, especially when the book is well written. Dan Brown's books can be skipped for the movie versions. The Road (2009) is faithful to, but not the equal to Cormac McCarthy's novel. Most books are far superior to the movie versions.
    no way, i read Angels and daemons in about three days, solid and another, Deception point in around a week, fervent fodder for the imagination. i do not think the films could do them justice, although, saying that i have not seen any of them.
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 21:21
    no way, i read Angels and daemons in about three days, solid and another, Deception point in around a week, fervent fodder for the imagination. i do not think the films could do them justice, although, saying that i have not seen any of them.
    His characters are wooden, his plots predictable, his history flawed and distorted. What is there to praise in Dan Brown aside from his capacity to woo the masses?

I've read only The Da Vinci Code and seen the movie. The book took parts of two days, the movie half an afternoon. Less time wasted = better product.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 21:27
    His characters are wooden, his plots predictable, his history flawed and distorted. What is there to praise in Dan Brown aside from his capacity to woo the masses?

I've read only The Da Vinci Code and seen the movie. The book took parts of two days, the movie half an afternoon. Less time wasted = better product.
    ahhh yes, but his books are addictive. Da Vinci code is probably most famous and the least convincing. Read Angels and Daemons, you shall not be disappointed! When i was going around in my public ministry, i actually met a woman whose interest in spirituality had been reawakened by the Da Vinci code, but try as i might, i could not get her to realise that it was based on suggestions rather than any concrete truths.
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 23:011 edit
    ahhh yes, but his books are addictive. Da Vinci code is probably most famous and the least convincing. Read Angels and Daemons, you shall not be disappointed! When i was going around in my public ministry, i actually met a woman whose interest in spirituality had been reawakened by the Da Vinci code, but try as i might, i could not get her to realise that it was based on suggestions rather than any concrete truths.
    Not everything addictive is useful.

To be disappointed, I need expectations. Nothing I've read or heard has produced these expectations in me regarding Dan Brown, therefore, he is incapable of disappointing me.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 23:361 edit
    Not everything addictive is useful.

To be disappointed, I need expectations. Nothing I've read or heard has produced these expectations in me regarding Dan Brown, therefore, he is incapable of disappointing me.
    mmm, its very interesting. I am not a big reader of fiction, but i was on holiday and chillin and it was there. I am sure if you had a go at Angels and daemons, you would enjoy it, at very least i think it would raise your expectations, i mean what do you expect from a dude that was inspired by Sidney Sheldon, who i rather embarrassingly also have read. Dont know how or why, i think it was as a student and someone left it behind in the laundrette.
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 03:271 edit
    mmm, its very interesting. I am not a big reader of fiction, but i was on holiday and chillin and it was there. I am sure if you had a go at Angels and daemons, you would enjoy it, at very least i think it would raise your expectations, i mean what do you expect from a dude that was inspired by Sidney Sheldon, who i rather embarrassingly also have ...[text shortened]... Dont know how or why, i think it was as a student and someone left it behind in the laundrette.
    I'm halfway through the Dean Koontz book that I started yesterday, Strangers (1986). That's about all I can handle of mainstream fiction. I'm reading this only because my wife enjoys his writing. She's enduring Sarah Palin's autobiography at the same time, which I, too, plan to endure so as to have more material should Palin need further denunciations.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree