1. Joined
    03 Apr '07
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 18:44
    if a homeless person or anyone for that matter were to claim they were talked to by god and he was told to do something huge would anyone believe him or would we just label him as a crazy person that should be kept in a mental hospital?
  2. RDU NC
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 18:471 edit
    Originally posted by dielon444
    if a homeless person or anyone for that matter were to claim they were talked to by god and he was told to do something huge would anyone believe him or would we just label him as a crazy person that should be kept in a mental hospital?
    Those kind of extreme responses. Aren't there possible responses in the middle? Couldn't we simply laugh at him an move on? Couldn't we also listen to him with a healthy does of skepticism? Or aren't there a dozen other ways one could respond?

Perhaps he's hungry. Extreme hunger has led some to delerium. Couldn't a sensative person give the man some bread or soup or something?
  3. Meddling with things
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 18:48
    god told me to do it............Peter Sutcliffe, the Yorkshire Ripper
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 18:56
    Learn the difference between 'profit' and 'prophet.'
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 19:27
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Learn the difference between 'profit' and 'prophet.'
    You don't like either one of them.
  6. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 19:57
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Priceless!
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 21:12
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    LOL. Just imagine the expression on his face if he ever encountered a rich prophet.
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 21:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    LOL. Just imagine the expression on his face if he ever encountered a rich prophet.
    I'll throw Rob a bone. Thomas Szasz, MD who was president of the humanist society at one time asked, "Why is it that when we talk to God we call it prayer, but when he talks to us, it is called schizophrenia?"
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 06:36
    When I was young there was a madman who wondered the streets around my area who was known throughout the town as Jesus. Apparently he claimed he was Jesus returned.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jun '07 18:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    When I was young there was a madman who wondered the streets around my area who was known throughout the town as Jesus. Apparently he claimed he was Jesus returned.
    And I suppose you believed him?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree