1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '12 00:23
    Originally posted by jaywill
    You evidently have no clue how scientists and skeptics think.

I know enough to recognize that you're lousy at both.
    Well evidently you don't.

To have the remotest sting that insult would have to come from someone who isn't so
    deep down the rabbit hole that they can't even accept evolutionary theory because their
    multi-millennia old book of fairy tales tells them not to.

That removes any and all credibility you could possibly have in talking about science and
    skepticism.

Evolution cannot at this point be disproved because IT HAS BEEN PROVEN.

It could have been found to be false, but it PASSED the tests needed to verify that it happens.
    We have observed evolution happening in all its forms and have multiple independent confirmation
    of common descent and shared ancestry.
    There are mountains of evidence for evolution and not one single shred of evidence that contradicts it.

Now could we discover that evolution doesn't explain everything and thus we need evolution
    plus something else to deal with the tiny special case where it doesn't work... quite possibly,
    there are already other known mechanisms for Species to change that are not evolution,
    horizontal gene transfer for example, but it is literally not possible (barring the discovery that
    we are all living in the matrix, or other similar) for evolution to be disproven.

The existence of Evolution is a fact.

And it always will be.

ID on the other hand is religious creationism dressed up as pseudo science by the PR guys of the
    various fundamentalist anti-science ignorance peddling control freak religious sects that advocate it.

It never has been, and never can be, science.

I have explained why in detail before, and can do again if you have forgotten or missed the explanation.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Jun '12 01:302 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Well evidently you don't.

To have the remotest sting that insult would have to come from someone who isn't so
    deep down the rabbit hole that they can't even accept evolutionary theory because their
    multi-millennia old book of fairy tales tells them not to.

That removes any and all credibility you could possibly have in talking about science and ned why in detail before, and can do again if you have forgotten or missed the explanation.
    I have presented statements from scientists saying EVOLUTION HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN. 😏

Michael Oard uses scientific and evolution definitions to show that the theory of evolution is not observed and is not a proven fact. He also shows scientific problems with the Big Bang theory. Dr. David Kaufmann also shows that both evolution and creation are models of origin and cannot be proven. He also discusses the fact that evolution has not been observed in the past, and for that reason there is no problem with scientists not believing it. Dr. Kaufmann also discusses four biochemical laws that show that under the theory of evolution prevent the making of functional proteins in cells. Dr. Kevin Anderson discusses why genetics cannot prove evolution, the four flawed assumptions of evolution, why evolution is bad science; and how teachings in college level textbooks about evolution are false and misleading.

http://voices.yahoo.com/scientists-not-believe-theory-evolution-387144.html

HalleluYah!!! Praise the Lord!
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    18 Jun '12 04:42
    I did not read the book. And the ending of the film left me puzzled.
    Someone once told me that the ending only made sense if you had read some book by Fredrich Nietzsche which I also hadn't read.

You know more about it then if you know the book 2001 Space Odssey..
    http://www.kubrick2001.com/
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '12 12:00
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]I have presented statements from scientists saying EVOLUTION HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN. 😏

Michael Oard uses scientific and evolution definitions to show that the theory of evolution is not observed and is not a proven fact. He also shows scientific problems with the Big Bang theory. Dr. David Kaufmann also shows that both evolution and creation are mod ...[text shortened]... .yahoo.com/scientists-not-believe-theory-evolution-387144.html

HalleluYah!!! Praise the Lord![/b]
    Total and utter bull excrement.

Go away ignorant blow-hard, and witter at someone who cares.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '12 13:321 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    http://www.kubrick2001.com/
    I watched the first two videos. But I skipped then to the 4th because I think I understood the film up to those parts.

What was helpful started at the old man having his final supper and the broken wine glass. It was from there your link introduced some ideas that were new to me. I think I heard of the term "Star Child".

Basically, I perceived that the film had something to do with some ancient intelligent civilization kickstarting human evolution at various stages.

thanks
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    18 Jun '12 17:32
    I think that the pop culture movie Prometheus was the first Science Fiction movie to give credence to the idea of [b]Intelligent Design of the human race.

In the plot some scientists were searching for the "engineers" who created human life. Now that's a first.

In one of the Star Trek movies you had the Voyager spacecraft journeying back to ea ...[text shortened]... that credence was given to the concept of Intelligent Design of humans.

Debunk - lol![/b]
    i kind of like the idea of dna seeding by aliens, which mission to mars was the first movie to my knowledge which used it as plot element.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '12 17:35
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    i kind of like the idea of dna seeding by aliens, which mission to mars was the first movie to my knowledge which used it as plot element.
    You won that argument. Mission to Mars had human seeding before Prometheus.

I'm outta here !
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Jun '12 21:18
    O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
    Which some professing have erred concerning the faith.
    Grace be with thee. Amen.
    (1 Timothy 6:20-21 KJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    20 Jun '12 02:31
    O Timothy, [b]keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
    Which some professing have erred concerning the faith.
    Grace be with thee. Amen.
    (1 Timothy 6:20-21 KJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord![/b]
    oh dear. that's kind of embarrassing, even for you.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jun '12 05:21
    oh dear. that's kind of embarrassing, even for you.
    Why should I be embarrassed? You are the one doing the profane and vain babblings, and opposing God with false science, numbnuts!

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God!
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 Jun '12 09:52
    [b]Why should I be embarrassed? You are the one doing the profane and vain babblings, and opposing God with false science, numbnuts!

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God![/b]
    Your the one with a pal called 'Timothy'.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jun '12 16:55
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Your the one with a pal called 'Timothy'.
    That was the apostle Paul speaking to Timothy, not me, numbnuts!
  13. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    20 Jun '12 18:02
    [b]Why should I be embarrassed? You are the one doing the profane and vain babblings, and opposing God with false science, numbnuts!

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God![/b]
    oh dear, even more embarrassing for you. you keep digging yourself deeper into your shell of stupidity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree