1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 May '11 21:05
    Originally posted by Agerg
    The creationist will skim read your post without understanding it but use the following (without surrounding context):

"I can correctly point out that the chances of evolution doing everything EXACTLY it did and in the EXACT order it did is vanishingly small -one in a zillion chance."

against you in future discussions 😛
    Not me!

I will simply point out the fact that the theory of evolution is just that, a theory.

All the science that has been developed over the last 150 years used to support the theory of evolution is bogus, predicated on mere scraps of evidence, but built up into a mountain that is eroding, and will erode.

The more true science learns about life, the more it will discover that life has a designer.

Mark my words. Of course there will always be numbnuts that will hang on to a dying science.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '11 21:081 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Not me!

I will simply point out the fact that the theory of evolution is just that, a theory.

All the science that has been developed over the last 150 years used to support the theory of evolution is bogus, predicated on mere scraps of evidence, but built up into a mountain that is eroding, and will erode.

The more true science learns about life, t ...[text shortened]...

Mark my words. Of course there will always be numbnuts that will hang on to a dying science.
    I like your no nonsense approach. Agers needs a firm hand and some strong guidance 🙂
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 May '11 21:191 edit
    Not me!

Anyone who's willing to say

"I will simply point out the fact that the theory of evolution is just that, a theory."

and think they've cheapened evolution has no business discussing science. A theory is a very strong statement, not just a hunch or what someone reckons!.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 May '11 22:031 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I like your no nonsense approach. Agers needs a firm hand and some strong guidance 🙂
    I like your no nonsense approach
    Bah! what josephw comes out with defines nonsense!
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 May '11 22:12
    Anyone who's willing to say

"I will simply point out the fact that the theory of evolution is just that, a theory."

and think they've cheapened evolution has no business discussing science. A theory is a very strong statement, not just a hunch or what someone reckons!.
    I'm not discussing science.

I'm talking about evolution.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 May '11 22:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    🙂
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 May '11 22:20
    I'm not discussing science.

I'm talking about evolution.
    Like I said, you have no business discussing science.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 May '11 22:49
    Like I said, you have no business discussing science.
    Can you read?

I said I'm not discussing science.
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 May '11 23:001 edit
    Can you read?

I said I'm not discussing science.
    Evolution *is* science, and as we've seen time and time again, science is too complicated for you. You have no business discussing it
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 May '11 00:03
    Evolution *is* science, and as we've seen time and time again, science is too complicated for you. You have no business discussing it
    Evolution is a theory developed by scientists using scientific methodology.

Evolution isn't science. Jesus Agerg! Common'! You know it's a religion! 😛

God apparently is too complicated for you. lol
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    16 May '11 00:072 edits
    Evolution is a theory developed by scientists using scientific methodology.

Evolution isn't science. Jesus Agerg! Common'! You know it's a religion! 😛

God apparently is too complicated for you. lol
    I'm not going to waste my time discussing evoltion with you - you don't and never will understand science. Moreover, there's nothing complicated about your notion of God, no subtlety, nothing sophisticated.

Just a being who lives somewhere invisible that
    can do *absolutely everything, knows *absolutely* everything, is absolutely everywhere, has existed for ever and ever and ever and ... and ever and...like...way more than 10000 years! loves everyone except for the class of people you prejudicially hate, and is male

Childish!
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 May '11 06:58
    Moreover, there's nothing complicated about your notion of God, no subtlety, nothing sophisticated.
    But you cant possibly understand his notion of God without a Secret Decoder Ring.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 May '11 14:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But you cant possibly understand his notion of God without a Secret Decoder Ring.
    So says twhitehead the omniscient.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 May '11 14:42
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    So says twhitehead the omniscient.
    I am just passing on what I have been told many times on these boards. Us atheists have no hope of ever understanding certain aspects of theism unless we first become theists and thus get the assistance of God to enable us to think the right way.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    16 May '11 15:53
    Not me!

This is about the third time you've made this claim -

Can you substantiate this, or are you just going to repeat the same claim again? Just so you know, repeating the same claim isn't substantiating it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree