1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 06:491 edit
    Speculation that untold miseries and dire straits lie ahead for the United States of America, within the forseable future, would be consistent with the fact that biblical prophecy doesn't specifically mention it as a major player in end times. Incredible as it sounds, USA Autonomy may be neutralized as it becomes absorbed into the Revived Roman Empire (of Europe). Thoughts?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 06:56
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Speculation that untold miseries and dire straits lie ahead for the United States of America, within the forseeable future, would be consistent with the fact that biblical prophecy doesn't specifically mention it as a major player in end times. Incredible as it sounds, USA Autonomy may be neutralized as it becomes absorbed into the Revived Roman Empire (of Europe). Thoughts?
    What makes you think there is any substance or credibility to the "end times" prophecy and do you have any particular reason to think it applies to what you refer to as the "foreseeable future"?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 07:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    What makes you think there is any substance or credibility to the "end times" prophecy and do you have any particular reason to think it applies to what you refer to as the "foreseeable future"?
    Fair questions. Since we're at opposite poles (with respect to the inspiration, infallibility and literal interpretation of scripture) with totally different frames of reference any serious discussion would be fruitless. I'm not here to argue or persuade. Intent of the thread is simply to invite relaxed conversation about possible near term scenarios since the new year is upon us.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 08:05
    Fair questions. Since we're at opposite poles (with respect to the inspiration, infallibility and literal interpretation of scripture) with totally different frames of reference any serious discussion would be fruitless. I'm not here to argue or persuade. Intent of the thread is simply to invite relaxed conversation about possible near term scenarios since the new year is upon us.
    YouTube
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 09:581 edit
    Speculation that untold miseries and dire straits lie ahead for the United States of America, within the forseable future, would be consistent with the fact that biblical prophecy doesn't specifically mention it as a major player in end times. Incredible as it sounds, USA Autonomy may be neutralized as it becomes absorbed into the Revived Roman Empire (of Europe). Thoughts?
    Speculation that untold miseries and dire straits lie ahead for the United States of America, within the forseable future, would be consistent with the fact that biblical prophecy doesn't specifically mention it as a major player in end times.
    and what countries *does* the Bible specifically mention (2000 or so years after Jesus was born) so as to stave off an assertion on my part that lack of mention in your holy book could equally well apply to every other country on this planet (or any other planet!...at any time!!!)?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 11:56
    Well I don't think the world is going to end, so I don't see why you should worry about it. Or do you think the world is going to end for non-Christians too and not just people like you?
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 12:45
    Originally posted by Agerg

[b]Speculation that untold miseries and dire straits lie ahead for the United States of America, within the forseable future, would be consistent with the fact that biblical prophecy doesn't specifically mention it as a major player in end times.
    and what countries *does* the Bible specifically mention (2000 or so years after Jesus was born) so as to st ...[text shortened]... ually well apply to every other country on this planet (or any other planet!...at any time!!!)?[/b]
    None, only the all encompassing geographic blocks... Kings of The North; South; East; and West (which includes
    Europe (and the USA, as we know it today). What overall international trends do you see on the horizon?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 12:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKOKqCk5vuo
    Thank you.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 17:31
    In the big picture of God finally getting rid of all governments as he described in the Bible and then his son Jesus being the King of God's kingdom and all the good that will come from that, should we be upset if the US government does fail or collapse?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 17:58
    None, only the all encompassing geographic blocks... Kings of The North; South; East; and West (which includes
    Europe (and the USA, as we know it today). What overall international trends do you see on the horizon?
    I think, if anything, the USA is recovering at a faster rate than Europe. Look at Spain, Ireland, Greece. All in shambles economically. The European Union itself is in deep doo doo. The whole Union may fall apart. If anything I think a collapsed Euro will be scrambling to the US for help which at the present we have not recovered enough to be much assistance to an entire governmental union of Europe.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 18:001 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    In the big picture of God finally getting rid of all governments as he described in the Bible and then his son Jesus being the King of God's kingdom and all the good that will come from that, should we be upset if the US government does fail or collapse?
    The sweep of history establishes, empowers, disciplines and disposes nations on its own divine timeline. Christ controls history, despite the power lust and greed that's inevitably present. He respects human volition. His omniscience and omnipotence allow for all of these human abberrations without the least interference or delay in the execution of His perfect plan.... no less true today than 2000 years ago. In a word, we agree. At the same, intent of this thread wasn't to get enmeshed in eschatology but rather relaxed conversation about emerging trends on the big stage here and now. Thanks.
    -
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 18:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse

I think, if anything, the USA is recovering at a faster rate than Europe. Look at Spain, Ireland, Greece. All in shambles economically. The European Union itself is in deep doo doo. The whole Union may fall apart. If anything I think a collapsed Euro will be scrambling to the US for help which at the present we have not recovered enough to be much assistance to an entire governmental union of Europe.
    Hey, been awhile. European Countries you cite are all far more experienced in national destruction. States have been about 20-30 years behind. My sense is that we're catching up.

P.S. China holds the big stick (and its hold is tightening, imo).
    -
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 18:07
    The sweep of history establishes, empowers, disciplines and disposes nations on its own divine timeline. Christ controls history, despite the power lust and greed that's inevitably present. He respects human volition. His omniscience and omnipotence allow for all of these human abberrations without the least interference or delay in the execution of His ...[text shortened]... ut rather relaxed conversation about emerging trends on the big stage here and now. Thanks.
    -
    No problem...
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 18:08
    The USA has more in common with ancient Rome than Europe, Capital Hill, the Senate,
    senators, virtual plutocracy under the guise of democracy etc etc.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Dec '12 18:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The USA has more in common with ancient Rome than Europe, Capital Hill, the Senate,
    senators, virtual plutocracy under the guise of democracy etc etc.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Revived Roman Empire embrace Western Europe, Rome and North America. Your comment sounds as if the USA will be a good fit. lol
    -

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree