1. Maryland
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 08:01
    Clearly. anyone who believes in intelligent design never had prostate problems!
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 12:521 edit
    Why?

I believe in Intelligent Design and was born partially blind in one eye.

Do you think you can ever get beyoind your stereotypes to think at least a little more sobermindedly and clearly about these issues?
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 17:321 edit
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Clearly, prostate problems are a combination of 1) it's important for some unknown reason that men have prostate problems and 2) you're a sinner and God had nothing to do with your failings, including your failing prostate. You did it to yourself by collaborating with Satan and you deserve to go to Hell.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 17:41
    My wife says there are two kinds of men. Those with prostate problems and those that will have prostate problems. Join the family.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 18:14
    When god invented the prostate and its position, she wasn't very clever...
  6. Maryland
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 20:53
    Now it's starting to make more sense.God(she) must also have invented wisdom teeth.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 21:09
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Im beginning to realise that atheists are not too smart. Do you seriously think that a limited life span means a lack of intelligent design? Your body parts were designed to fail after a while ... deliberately. Thats where GM, Toyota, Sony etc etc got the idea from.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 21:17
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Im beginning to realise that atheists are not too smart. Do you seriously think that a limited life span means a lack of intelligent design? Your body parts were designed to fail after a while ... deliberately. Thats where GM, Toyota, Sony etc etc got the idea from.
    Who's buying humans from God such that they need to be replaced for the manufacturer's profit?
  9. Maryland
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 22:33
    Your brain is already failing you! (Probably from lack of use.)
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 22:401 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Who's buying humans from God such that they need to be replaced for the manufacturer's profit?
    Its not about money and profits. If morons like you and 66joejoe, lived for ever or even 500 years think of how backward the world would be ....😀
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 22:441 edit
    Its not about money and profits. If morons like you and 66joejoe, lived for ever or even 500 years think of how backward the world would be ....😀
    I thought God designed Adam and Eve to live forever, and it is only in virtue of their sin that people die. Is this incorrect? If not, was God's design backwards?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 22:58
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I thought God designed Adam and Eve to live forever, and it is only in virtue of their sin that people die. Is this incorrect? If not, was God's design backwards?
    Who knows. The bible states that sin caused man's mortality. What you are assuming is that Adam and Eve's bodies remained identical after she sinned. We dont know this. From Adam to Noah people routinely lived in the hundreds of years. After Noah the Bible states that God numbered the years of man and reduced it to 70. Again who knows how this was acheived.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 01:302 edits
    Psst. Atheists are generally smarter than theists. You don't want to go down the road of insulting peoples' intelligence. The statistics are against you.

http://danish.newsvine.com/_news/2007/02/05/554043-professor-atheists-are-more-intelligent-than-believers
  14. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 08:38
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Psst. Atheists are generally smarter than theists. You don't want to go down the road of insulting peoples' intelligence. The statistics are against you.

http://danish.newsvine.com/_news/2007/02/05/554043-professor-atheists-are-more-intelligent-than-believers
    Sadly, that couldn’t be a more dubious source of statistics!

To date, I have seen no convincing evidence that there is any significant difference in the general intelligence between atheists and theists.

However, I have long suspected that there is often something fundamentally wrong with many theist’s mental mechanism for forming beliefs: most of them seem to have a big predisposition to form beliefs that are not based on evidence -in other words, they are prone to forming delusional beliefs. If only a proper scientific test was devised to measure this common mental defect then I think that, for the first time, we would have a scientific way of demonstrating that theists are generally more prone to form delusional beliefs than atheists.
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 15:087 edits
    ===================================

Atheists are generally smarter than theists. You don't want to go down the road of insulting peoples' intelligence. The statistics are against you.

=========================================

I don't know why that should necessarily be true.

At any rate I find that in the search for the truth about life atheist invariably make the possibility to know it more restrictive, more narrow, more elitist even.

Think of it. Jesus says "Whosoever believes into Me ...has eternal life"

But to most athiests I've talked with to know the truth about life and human beings, you have to be able to explain:

Primordial soups,

Qauntum physics,

Be totally conversant on all aspects of Cosmology and Space Time,

Have two Phds in Biology and in Geology,

Know all about Roman laws, Greek culture, Hebrew customes, ancient Assyria, American politics, etc.

You can't know the truth about life until you master all aspects of Darwin's ideas and become an expert in Natural Selection.

Bacteria, Amino acids, set theory, and other disciplines you have to be thoroughly conversant in before you can know the truth.

Now I am all for furthering one's college and post graduate education. But my point is that most atheists present a much more narrow and constricted road to arrive at the truth of human life. They protest the call of Jesus to believe the good news of His death and resurrection as too narrow. But in their effort to replace the wide open invitation to reality by Christ they invent far more elitist and restrictive criteria for a man to know the truth of life.

To many atheists only the most nimble minded Phds in physics and philosophy can hope to approach the truth of life. But with Christ the door is wide open to all who would believe that a Person could be that loving and that wonderful as Jesus.

This is a salvation only for the very "smart". It is a form of unrighteousness on thier elitist part. Only the brilliant of mind can know the truth of the universe.

Christ's invitation to know the truth embraces children and even those with mental problems. And it does not exclude the very smart who are willing to humble themselves, to not trust in themselves but in the love of Jesus.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree