1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 22:305 edits
    My question is while keeping in mind not unduly adding to the word of God and in view of Proverbs 30:6, what are the thoughts on the meaning of Revelation 13:11-15. In another thread, I saw a literal interpretation proposed, that this scripture means literally what it says, e.g,, that the two horns are two actual horns. Other proposed interpretations are inserted in brackets below in the scripture and are italicized. The subsequent brackets correspond in the internal. Hope it is not too confusing the way presented.

I will say that the European Economic Community and European Union are not as sexy as the League of Nations and the United Nations. The European stuff does not have the enough "world" order to them.

------------

Proverbs 30:6
    "Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar."

Revelation 13:11-15
    11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns [Germany & France or US & Britian or Rome & Constantinople] like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast [European Economic Community or League of Nations or Roman Catholic Church] before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. [it became the European Union or it became the United Nations]

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
  2. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 22:311 edit
    I also wonder on a different issue did anyone find any signficance with regard to the Book of Revelations concerning the recent UN vote on Palenstine that was near unanimous against Israel's wishes?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 10:36
    Originally posted by moon1969
    My question is while keeping in mind not unduly adding to the word of God and in view of Proverbs 30:6, what are the thoughts on the meaning of Revelation 13:11-15. In another thread, I saw a literal interpretation proposed, that this scripture means literally what it says, e.g,, that the two horns are two actual horns. Other proposed interpretations are ...[text shortened]... and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.[/quote]
    Translations are tough all by themselves, I hate stuff like this...for the reasons
    you seem to be showing....they are adding to the word and they may not
    be right.
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 10:40
    I also wonder on a different issue did anyone find any signficance with regard to the Book of Revelations concerning the recent UN vote on Palenstine that was near unanimous against Israel's wishes?
    Well if the end time is getting close, wars and rumors of wars, and other nasty
    things will start happening will be common place. If the end is near a wild ride
    is about to begin, it will be bloody. I often wondered how 666 will come into
    play.
    Kelly
  5. England
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 13:04
    well if it were easy that would not fit in at all. and it could be untrue as it was not jesus himself saying this. The two horns could represent two planets ..
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 13:39
    Originally posted by stoker
    well if it were easy that would not fit in at all. and it could be untrue as it was not jesus himself saying this. The two horns could represent two planets ..
    do you have a biblical precedent or reference where a horn was likened to or used symbolically of a planet?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 13:40
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    do you have a biblical precedent or reference where a horn was likened to or used symbolically of a planet?
    Do either you or galveston75 have a biblical precedent or reference where a horn was likened to the League of Nations?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 14:05
    My question is while keeping in mind not unduly adding to the word of God and in view of Proverbs 30:6, what are the thoughts on the meaning of Revelation 13:11-15. In another thread, I saw a literal interpretation proposed, that this scripture means literally what it says, e.g,, that the two horns are two actual horns. Other proposed interpretations are ...[text shortened]... and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.[/quote]
    We're all going to die!!! 😲

No really, we are. 😕😛😏
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 14:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do either you or galveston75 have a biblical precedent or reference where a horn was likened to the League of Nations?
    I think Woodrow Wilson was the anti-christ and Obama is his mini me.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 14:181 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think Woodrow Wilson was the anti-christ and Obama is his mini me.
    Despite Proverbs 30:6, there are those here that insist that God has made it clear to them - in some kind of Jehovah's Witnesses-only 'divine inspiration' thing that they won't give straight answers about when asked - that Revelation 13:11-15 is, in part, about the League of Nations, explicitly and specifically, and - if I am not mistaken - self-evidently. If this sort of "interpretation" is created in order to give a denomination something akin to a 'unique selling point' in the drive to recruit members, is it not possible that Proverbs 30:6 applies here?
  11. England
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 15:34
    not without looking the horns up, just giving a thought with some planning to send people to mars in 2023 [one way read it on yahoo]. but at present it could be thats what it ment.
  12. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 11:05
    I was thinking that North America & Europe might make more sense than US & Britian.

Nevertheless, ultimately, I would think in a few centuries we may become a single world entity.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 11:454 edits
    I was thinking that North America & Europe might make more sense than US & Britian.

Nevertheless, ultimately, I would think in a few centuries we may become a single world entity.
    What have you to sat about the so called 'special relationship', that exists between
    the USA and the UK as is evidenced by leaders such as Reagan and Thatcher, Bush
    and Blair?

Los Angeles Times of May 5, 1986, pointed out, even in peacetime, Britain and
    America have collaborated “in such sensitive areas as intelligence and nuclear
    technology.”

June 1944, 156,000 British, American, and other Allied troops invaded the continent
    of Europe. This combined force was under the supreme command of a U.S. general
    and the operational command of a British field marshal, Eisenhower and
    Montgomery respectively.

The war in Iraq, we heard of 'the coalition forces', of mainly British and American
    troops, Afghanistan also.

Mitt Romney would restore "Anglo-Saxon" understanding to the special relationship
    between the US and Britain, and return Sir Winston Churchill's bust to the White
    House, according to advisers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/mitt-romney/9424524/Mitt-Romney-
    would-restore-Anglo-Saxon-relations-between-Britain-and-America.html

all one needs to do is search for Britain and America special relationship and it
    becomes self evident that a special relationship exists.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 22:37
    What have you to sat about the so called 'special relationship', that exists between
    the USA and the UK as is evidenced by leaders such as Reagan and Thatcher, Bush
    and Blair?

Los Angeles Times of May 5, 1986, pointed out, even in peacetime, Britain and
    America have collaborated “in such sensitive areas as intelligence and nuclear
    technol ...[text shortened]... ca special relationship and it
    becomes self evident that a special relationship exists.
    At one time the "sun never sat on the British Empire" so they say. Between the USA and Brittan I'm sure that is even more true today.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 22:431 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    At one time the "sun never sat on the British Empire" so they say. Between the USA and Brittan I'm sure that is even more true today.
    Even more true today?

Britain still controls Anguilla, Bermuda, British Antarctic Territory, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn Islands, Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia, and the Turks and Caicos Islands.

It used to be Australia, New Zealand, Canada, India, large areas of Africa etc.

Are you aware that the U.S. was not a member of the League of Nations?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree