Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

  1. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    01 Jun '18 18:40
    In 2002, a British woman was so annoyed by Jehovah Witnesses repeatedly knocking on her door, she waited until they were holding a service, then started pounding on the front doors of their church. Then, she tried to get them to change religions. After about a half-hour, she was forced to leave.

    https://crazyfacts.com/tag/religion/


    When it comes to, spreading the good news, how pushy should a Christian be pushing? Is it okay to bring religion to someone's front door?
  2. Standard member Romans1009
    Cretinous Mutterings
    01 Jun '18 18:44
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    In 2002, a British woman was so annoyed by Jehovah Witnesses repeatedly knocking on her door, she waited until they were holding a service, then started pounding on the front doors of their church. Then, she tried to get them to change religions. After about a half-hour, she was forced to leave.

    https://crazyfacts.com/tag/religion/


    When it c ...[text shortened]... , how pushy should a Christian be pushing? Is it okay to bring religion to someone's front door?
    Why not? If a political candidate can knock on someone’s front door, why not a Christian? All the person in the house has to say is, “No thanks, I’m not interested.”

    What’s so hard about that?
  3. Standard member Romans1009
    Cretinous Mutterings
    01 Jun '18 18:46
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    In 2002, a British woman was so annoyed by Jehovah Witnesses repeatedly knocking on her door, she waited until they were holding a service, then started pounding on the front doors of their church. Then, she tried to get them to change religions. After about a half-hour, she was forced to leave.

    https://crazyfacts.com/tag/religion/


    When it c ...[text shortened]... , how pushy should a Christian be pushing? Is it okay to bring religion to someone's front door?
    A better question, perhaps, would be: Are Jehovah’s Witnesses, who reject the deity of Jesus Christ, actually Christians?

    What say you, Heartpence?
  4. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    01 Jun '18 19:02 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    A better question, perhaps, would be: Are Jehovah’s Witnesses, who reject the deity of Jesus Christ, actually Christians?

    What say you, Heartpence?
    I'll be your Heartpence since GOAD has you on 'Ignore.'
    But I'll answer with a question, maybe several, depending on your response.

    To wit:

    How strong is the truth you hold dear?
  5. Standard member vivify
    rain
    01 Jun '18 19:13
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Why not? If a political candidate can knock on someone’s front door, why not a Christian? All the person in the house has to say is, “No thanks, I’m not interested.”

    What’s so hard about that?
    It's not that simple.

    A JW is like a salesman, trying to change your mind until you comply without whatever he's trying to sell you. I've told a JW that I wasn't interested, and she responded "what would be a better time to come back?" So you kept using all the same tricks salespeople use, which are based on the average person's tendency to want to be polite.

    She left me with one of those Watchtower magazines, and about a month later, another group pair of JWs knocked on my door, with the same tactics.
  6. Subscriber Rajk999
    Enjoying
    01 Jun '18 19:21
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    In 2002, a British woman was so annoyed by Jehovah Witnesses repeatedly knocking on her door, she waited until they were holding a service, then started pounding on the front doors of their church. Then, she tried to get them to change religions. After about a half-hour, she was forced to leave.

    https://crazyfacts.com/tag/religion/


    When it c ...[text shortened]... , how pushy should a Christian be pushing? Is it okay to bring religion to someone's front door?
    Pushy shows they dont understand the Great Commission. Walk away if they dont feel welcome is the instruction from Christ.

    Most Christians dont understand the Great Commission either. Jesus instructed them to make disciples of people and teach people to follow the commandments. Instead everyone wants to force their church doctrine down peoples throats.
  7. Standard member Romans1009
    Cretinous Mutterings
    01 Jun '18 19:42
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    I'll be your Heartpence since GOAD has you on 'Ignore.'
    But I'll answer with a question, maybe several, depending on your response.

    To wit:

    How strong is the truth you hold dear?
    Nothing stronger nor truer.
  8. Standard member Romans1009
    Cretinous Mutterings
    01 Jun '18 19:43
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Pushy shows they dont understand the Great Commission. Walk away if they dont feel welcome is the instruction from Christ.

    Most Christians dont understand the Great Commission either. Jesus instructed them to make disciples of people and teach people to follow the commandments. Instead everyone wants to force their church doctrine down peoples throats.
    Do you ever write a post without bashing people who go to church?

    Come on, amigo. Enough.
  9. Standard member Romans1009
    Cretinous Mutterings
    01 Jun '18 19:45
    Originally posted by @vivify
    It's not that simple.

    A JW is like a salesman, trying to change your mind until you comply without whatever he's trying to sell you. I've told a JW that I wasn't interested, and she responded "what would be a better time to come back?" So you kept using all the same tricks salespeople use, which are based on the average person's tendency to want to be p ...[text shortened]... s, and about a month later, another group pair of JWs knocked on my door, with the same tactics.
    Well, you just have to take it. Be polite, and if they want to spend six hours talking your ears off, you just have to sit there and take it.
  10. Standard member Romans1009
    Cretinous Mutterings
    01 Jun '18 19:49 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    I'll be your Heartpence since GOAD has you on 'Ignore.'
    But I'll answer with a question, maybe several, depending on your response.

    To wit:

    How strong is the truth you hold dear?
    <<I'll be your Heartpence since GOAD has you on 'Ignore.' >>

    Yes, ignoring me by being unable to stop talking about me and addressing me in the third person in nearly every post
  11. Subscriber Rajk999
    Enjoying
    01 Jun '18 19:50
    Originally posted by @vivify
    It's not that simple.

    A JW is like a salesman, trying to change your mind until you comply without whatever he's trying to sell you. I've told a JW that I wasn't interested, and she responded "what would be a better time to come back?" So you kept using all the same tricks salespeople use, which are based on the average person's tendency to want to be p ...[text shortened]... s, and about a month later, another group pair of JWs knocked on my door, with the same tactics.
    I have a JW church not to far from me so they frequent this village often. How I have dealt with them is to ask them several questions before they start on their rant to convert me:
    - do you know that Charles Russel was a fraudster?
    - how many false predictions of the return of Christ have the Watchtower made in the last 100 years?
    - do you know that your there are elders in your organisation guilty of sexual misconduct or covering up sexual misconduct ?

    They usually leave shaking their heads.
  12. 01 Jun '18 19:50
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Do you ever write a post without bashing people who go to church?

    Come on, amigo. Enough.
    For not being a Christian he certainly has a thing for what he believes to be Christian.

    I guess in his mind he is an anti-christ.
  13. Standard member Romans1009
    Cretinous Mutterings
    01 Jun '18 19:54
    Originally posted by @eladar
    For not being a Christian he certainly has a thing for what he believes to be Christian.

    I guess in his mind he is an anti-christ.
    amigo just doesn’t like people who go to church, read the Bible and pray. Instead, they should be doing “good works,” according to amigo.
  14. 01 Jun '18 20:04
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    amigo just doesn’t like people who go to church, read the Bible and pray. Instead, they should be doing “good works,” according to amigo.
    Good works such as providing abortions?
  15. Standard member Romans1009
    Cretinous Mutterings
    01 Jun '18 20:08
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Good works such as providing abortions?
    I’m not sure of amigo’s position on abortion. I guess it depends on whether the fetus did any “good works.”