23 Apr '08 03:21
    Does he really exist?
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 03:32
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Does he really exist?
    yes he does exist, hes that mythical guy who was made up.
  3. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 03:37
    I think he's more likely than some of the ones we have today. The Greek gods had real personalities!

We need more gods who have other gods come out of their heads when they are split with an axe and then marry his own sister!

Better than some lonely bachelor god who sits around with some spirit and his son all day. When are they going to get married?
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '08 09:38
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    I think he's more likely than some of the ones we have today. The Greek gods had real personalities!

We need more gods who have other gods come out of their heads when they are split with an axe and then marry his own sister!

Better than some lonely bachelor god who sits around with some spirit and his son all day. When are they going to get married?
    the greek gods behaved more like people than gods. basically they could be referred to as humans with awesome powers but still with the shortcomings of human nature: jealousy, pettiness, cruelty, lust, etc. it is like giving bush, putin, nixon, de gaulle, etc superhuman strengths and letting them rule mankind with an iron fist. it would be dictatorship, but one not easily or impossible to overthrow.

i think the christian, jewish or muslim god is preferable.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Apr '08 09:54
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    the greek gods behaved more like people than gods. basically they could be referred to as humans with awesome powers but still with the shortcomings of human nature: jealousy, pettiness, cruelty, lust, etc. it is like giving bush, putin, nixon, de gaulle, etc superhuman strengths and letting them rule mankind with an iron fist. it would be dictatorship, but one not easily or impossible to overthrow.
    The OT Jewish God fits that description too.

Does it matter which is 'preferable'? It certainly has no impact on whether or not they exist. I don't particularly like the Christian, Jewish or Muslim god.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '08 11:07
    the greek gods behaved more like people than gods. basically they could be referred to as humans with awesome powers but still with the shortcomings of human nature: jealousy, pettiness, cruelty, lust, etc.
    The early writings of the theist god is actually described god in these ways. In the very beginning of the bible, Genisis, you can read the similarities beween men and god.
  7. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    24 Apr '08 14:48
    the greek gods behaved more like people than gods. basically they could be referred to as humans with awesome powers but still with the shortcomings of human nature: jealousy, pettiness, cruelty, lust, etc. it is like giving bush, putin, nixon, de gaulle, etc superhuman strengths and letting them rule mankind with an iron fist. it would be dictatorship, but ...[text shortened]... easily or impossible to overthrow.

Is that a 'yes' or a 'no?'
  8. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '08 15:05
    the greek gods behaved more like people than gods. basically they could be referred to as humans with awesome powers but still with the shortcomings of human nature: jealousy, pettiness, cruelty, lust, etc. it is like giving bush, putin, nixon, de gaulle, etc superhuman strengths and letting them rule mankind with an iron fist. it would be dictatorship, but ...[text shortened]... easily or impossible to overthrow.

How would we overthrow the Jewish/Christian/Muslim god?
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '08 21:55
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    How would we overthrow the Jewish/Christian/Muslim god?
    crucify him
  10. England
    Moves
    25 Apr '08 10:421 edit
    did not the greeks call paul zeus "in the acts" for the uneducated

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree