1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '14 17:05
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Please, Forum Moderator, move this thread to the Spiritual Forum where it belongs!
    I second this.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 01:191 edit
    Please, Forum Moderator, move this thread to the Spiritual Forum where it belongs!
    Why don't you guys just come out and admit that the theory of evolution is not science, but spirituality and then I will be happy to just discuss it on the Spirituality Forum.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 07:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't believe it is common sense to believe the theory of evolution. It was not even a common belief until recently. Is the belief that DNA just created itself common sense? Is the belief that computer programs just create themselves also common sense?
    you don't get to "believe" it or not. you either understand it or you don't. the facts remain true regardless of your belief.

we understand it just fine. some more than others but still we have enough knowledge on the subject to see it is valid science.

"Is the belief that computer programs just create themselves also common sense?"
    no. because we know they are not. we have proof. it is also a stupid analogy because evolution doesn't explain the origin of life and it never claimed otherwise.

"Is the belief that DNA just created itself common sense?"
    no it's not common sense. because it didn't create itself. it came into existence from simpler elements. because physics.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 08:00
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Don't feed the troll.
    i am done ignoring the troll. i had begged you specifically and others to stop feeding the troll. you didn't.

now i will point his stupidity loudly, until he goes away from the science forum. or he or i get banned.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 11:20
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i am done ignoring the troll. i had begged you specifically and others to stop feeding the troll. you didn't.

now i will point his stupidity loudly, until he goes away from the science forum. or he or i get banned.
    When pigs fly...
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 15:43
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you don't get to "believe" it or not. you either understand it or you don't. the facts remain true regardless of your belief.

we understand it just fine. some more than others but still we have enough knowledge on the subject to see it is valid science.

"Is the belief that computer programs just create themselves also common sense?"
    no. because ...[text shortened]... because it didn't create itself. it came into existence from simpler elements. because physics.
    Neither is it common sense to believe that life just creates itself. Biological evolution isn't even possible unless we have life first. And there is only one plausible theory for the creation of life because, as you said, evolutionists don't have one.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 17:12
    Neither is it common sense to believe that life just creates itself. Biological evolution isn't even possible unless we have life first. And there is only one plausible theory for the creation of life because, as you said, evolutionists don't have one.
    No troll.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '14 13:191 edit
    To my joy I find this thread has been moved from Science to Spiritual. Thank you moderators! 🙂

Creationism is just a hypothesis to try to explain the contradictions between the genesis and observations from the nature.
    Like if you see something in real life that contradicts the genesis part of the bible, then what you see is wrong, and the bible is right. Solution? Redefine the terms used.

Evolution? No, micro-adaptations.
    Talking snakes? Yes, because they were demons, today however they are without sin because they don't talk.
    Dinosaurs? Well, dragons living even today, as lizards and alligators. Even people ride on them.
    Particle/wave-duality of the photon? Scientists don't know, creationists know (if it says so in the bible).
    And so on...

I see creationism as part of their religion. Science doesn't have to be redefined.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jun '14 14:41
    To my joy I find this thread has been moved from Science to Spiritual. Thank you moderators! 🙂

Creationism is just a hypothesis to try to explain the contradictions between the genesis and observations from the nature.
    Like if you see something in real life that contradicts the genesis part of the bible, then what you see is wrong, and the bible is r ...[text shortened]... d so on...

I see creationism as part of their religion. Science doesn't have to be redefined.
    And the world is 6000 years old and they only took BABY dinosaurs on the Ark and Jews fed Egyptians the 6 day creation tale and the flood was real, because we have the Grand Canyon in the US and the moon got cooled down because it was flooded with water.
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Jun '14 15:55
    There was a quite common belief up until the early modern period that mice and other small pests were created through abiogenesis, this went back to the early Greek Philosophers. The theories have been abandoned in the mean time, but you can read about them if you type "Spontaneous generation" into Wikipedia's search tool. Consequently I dispute your claim that it is against common sense.

I agree that biological evolution is impossible without life. This is because bios means life, and therefore the sentence is a tautology. However what is not ruled out is metabiological evolution, here I am using metabiological (a word I just made up) to mean the study of proto-life. So I don't think your claim that evolution requires life first holds water on those grounds.

Further viruses are not alive. They are regarded as non-living as they have no independent metabolism. However there is little doubt that, at least micro-evolution (which many creationists accept exists), does act on them. So I have a counter example to you claim that evolution requires life to act on.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '14 20:20
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    There was a quite common belief up until the early modern period that mice and other small pests were created through abiogenesis, this went back to the early Greek Philosophers. The theories have been abandoned in the mean time, but you can read about them if you type "Spontaneous generation" into Wikipedia's search tool. Consequently I dispute your c ...[text shortened]... s act on them. So I have a counter example to you claim that evolution requires life to act on.
    You should know by now that I always refer to the general "Theory of Evolution" when I use the term evolution. I do not refer to the changed and made up definitons to save face as evolutionist go along and discover they were wrong.

"Spontaneous generation" was proven to be wrong when the evolutionists were forming their plan to take God out of nature. However, many of those that toot evolution still look to abiogenesis instead of God as a way to explain the creation of life.

Darwin's goal was to explain the origin of the species from one common ancestor, but he failed and the whole theory is falling apart piece by piece.

http://www.ukapologetics.net/1HARTWING.html
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Jun '14 21:55
    You should know by now that I always refer to the general "Theory of Evolution" when I use the term evolution. I do not refer to the changed and made up definitons to save face as evolutionist go along and discover they were wrong.

"Spontaneous generation" was proven to be wrong when the evolutionists were forming their plan to take God out of nature. H ...[text shortened]... the whole theory is falling apart piece by piece.

http://www.ukapologetics.net/1HARTWING.html
    Yes, but my point was that spontaneous generation is not contrary to common sense, or at least was not before the modern era - they started doubting it long before Darwin. Neither is abiogenesis, which is more modest in what it attempts to claim can come about by natural (rather than divine) processes.

I'm afraid you are deluded if you think that the theory of evolution is falling apart at the seams. It is becoming more complete as time passes. Your language is interesting though:
    However, many of those that toot evolution still look to abiogenesis instead of God as a way to explain the creation of life.
    The way you expressed this makes it sound as if evolution is the older theory, and that Divine creation is the newer one. But, at least as far as Darwin's theory goes, it is of course the other way round.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '14 22:51
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Yes, but my point was that spontaneous generation is not contrary to common sense, or at least was not before the modern era - they started doubting it long before Darwin. Neither is abiogenesis, which is more modest in what it attempts to claim can come about by natural (rather than divine) processes.

I'm afraid you are deluded if you think that the ...[text shortened]... e newer one. But, at least as far as Darwin's theory goes, it is of course the other way round.
    Apparently you don't understand common English very well. But, of course, creation by God is the only theory that makes common sense.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jun '14 23:37
    Apparently you don't understand common English very well. But, of course, creation by God is the only theory that makes common sense.
    But OF COURSE? You should be a comedian with your routine put up there on HBO.
  15. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Jun '14 23:53
    Apparently you don't understand common English very well.
    Just for that I'm going to point out every grammatical and spelling error you make in these forums until I get bored of doing it. I am very patient and don't get bored quickly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree