1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 05:16
    Originally posted by angie88
    Hi all!
    I'm currently writing a paper for my English class on the effects of the frontier on the American Character. I'm currently trying to link what is percieved as American materialism by many people to a branch of religion that I know was wide-spread during pioneer times, which led to a completely different cultural perception of wealth.
    Whether or not ...[text shortened]... ows that God loves them or has chosen them.
    Thanks a lot if anybody here can help me!
    Angie
    I have always heard it called Prosperity Theology.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 05:37
    Originally posted by stocken
    It was a joke.

But why not? Let's toy with the thought, shall we. Let's call capitalism a religion. Why would that be an acceptable term? (Assuming it is, of course.)

Well, the God is money and greed is a virtue and all that. A true capitalist will adhere to few rules unless they can promote acquisition. Yes? Only rules that has to be followed so as no ...[text shortened]... l those "show me the lexicon definition of the word or shut up"-people. Didn't I?)

😞
    Well Nasdac rings a bell to start the business day, I think that
    happens with wall street too, so there is a religious link.
    Howard Stern must be the high priest of Nasdac, he was called upon
    to ring the first starting bell of 2006....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree