1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Apr '24 20:13
    @pettytalk said
    You're a rascal. If we were playing baseball, and you were the pitcher, and I the batter, you would throw only change-ups.

The only ones who are putting hands on others, as per Mark 16:17-18 are false preachers and false teachers, mainly. Then there are a few who, like yourself have witnessed, are fooled into believing that they are actually performing these miraculous a ...[text shortened]... t again, and I need to go shopping for more pencils.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB9YIsKIEbA
    I double posted one is still up
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 10:23
    @divegeester said
    Why don’t you answer my question in a way whereby you aren’t replying to me directly?

That way you can address my spot on point AND not feel that your brittle childish “ignore” stance hasn’t been impinged.
    Kelly?
  3. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 14:49
    Was the parting of the sea literal, or just a symbolic parting?

Exodus 14:21-22
    Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea into dry land, and the waters were divided. So the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea on the dry ground, and the waters were a wall to them on their right hand and on their left.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 17:13
    @pettytalk said
    Was the parting of the sea literal, or just a symbolic parting?

Exodus 14:21-22
    Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea into dry land, and the waters were divided. So the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea on the dry ground, and the waters were a wall to them on their right hand and on their left.
    Literal, but whole story symbolizing some great truths. Getting the people of God out of the world is far easier than getting the world out of the people of God.
  5. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 17:46
    @kellyjay said
    Literal, but whole story symbolizing some great truths. Getting the people of God out of the world is far easier than getting the world out of the people of God.
    OK, for argument's sake it's literal! I don't suppose you believe in reincarnation, and therefore you could not claim to have been an eyewitness to the event, in a previous life?

Other than scriptural hearsay, please tell me how did you come to determine that it's literal?
  6. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 17:50
    @divegeester said
    Kelly?
    Your begging for his attention is not working, directly or indirectly. Do you see the reality of the predicament you are in?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 18:19
    @pettytalk said
    Your begging for his attention is not working, directly or indirectly. Do you see the reality of the predicament you are in?
    My posting is working fine thanks.

Highlighting kellyjay’s silly behaviour 😄
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 18:19
    @pettytalk said
    OK, for argument's sake it's literal! I don't suppose you believe in reincarnation, and therefore you could not claim to have been an eyewitness to the event, in a previous life?

Other than scriptural hearsay, please tell me how did you come to determine that it's literal?
    I believe the scripture is the revealed Word of God, so the text is what was written as it happened, or that God showed those whom the Holy Spirit chose revealed events too. So if you go to scripture you must read it in light of the whole Bible, and not take a verse and try to understand only in the context you like to say ignoring everything else in the Word.
  9. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 19:39
    @kellyjay said
    I believe the scripture is the revealed Word of God, so the text is what was written as it happened, or that God showed those whom the Holy Spirit chose revealed events too. So if you go to scripture you must read it in light of the whole Bible, and not take a verse and try to understand only in the context you like to say ignoring everything else in the Word.
    You have pitched me another change-up.

If you base everything on scripture, scripture has nothing to stand on, other than itself. Truth is like sitting on a tripod, and it needs three legs to stand on.

This argument of scripture attesting to truth on itself has long been shown to be false. However, personally, I'm open to the idea that it's symbolic. But even when it comes to symbolism, symbolic scripture has to find two other legs to stand on, just as truth does.

It's like me going to someone and telling them of an event that I had seen, and also telling that someone to accept it on my word, and nothing else. For ordinary occurrences, and which have occurred before, my word may be sufficient if that someone knows me, and also knows of those occurrences having occurred before. But when it comes to such grand and singular occurrences, such as the parting of the sea, no one's word alone is sufficient. No, not even the Word of God. Unless God were really a trinity, then God could sit on the tripod as truth.

The truth is that God alone knows the truth, and He has allowed me to know that the trinity is a false representation of His true Being. God is One, and not three. But don't just take my word for it, since it's singular, and it has only occurred once.

God created man in His own image because One is the loneliest number that can ever be. God wanted others like Himself as company, but since there can be only One God, the rest of us are just numerical images.

Look for God's word outside of scripture. One reliable source is music. But you have to have that particular hearing ability, which God only gives to a few, those chosen to discern the symbolic inferences musically spoken by God indirectly, through artists. But you still need at least three sources.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 19:43
    @pettytalk said
    You have pitched me another change-up.

If you base everything on scripture, scripture has nothing to stand on, other than itself. Truth is like sitting on a tripod, and it needs three legs to stand on.

This argument of scripture attesting to truth on itself has long been shown to be false. However, personally, I'm open to the idea that it's symbolic. But even when it ...[text shortened]... nces musically spoken by God indirectly, through artists. But you still need at least three sources.
    No, it is not my fault you are looking at everything true as if it were a matter of opinion.
  11. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 20:16
    @kellyjay said
    No, it is not my fault you are looking at everything true as if it were a matter of opinion.
    I enjoy chatting with you, but I need to take a break from posting on these forums. But I look forward to more exchanges of ideas on religion in the very near future.

Until then, hold fast to what you believe, because it may come true, someday.
    The Return of the Jedi. Luke 17:22-24

Jesus said to His followers, “The time will come when you will wish you could see the Son of Man for one day. But you will not be able to. They will say to you, ‘He is here,’ or, ‘He is there,’ but do not follow them. When the Son of Man comes, He will be as LIGHTNING that shines from one part of the sky to the other.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '24 20:18
    @pettytalk said
    I enjoy chatting with you, but I need to take a break from posting on these forums. But I look forward to more exchanges of ideas on religion in the very near future.

Until then, hold fast to what you believe, because it may come true, someday.
    The Return of the Jedi. Luke 17:22-24

Jesus said to His followers, “The time will come when you will wish you could see the ...[text shortened]... hen the Son of Man comes, He will be as LIGHTNING that shines from one part of the sky to the other.
    If true it holds on to me not the other way around.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '24 21:111 edit
    @pettytalk said
    I need to take a break from posting on these forums.
    See you over at “Unexplained Mysteries” ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree