1. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Apr '05 16:33
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    This one has always bothered me as well. I think I posted my alternate Adam and Eve story somewhere in these forums. If you like I'll try to dig it up or recreate it. I'm too lazy at the moment, and a touch peckish, so I will wait for interest before acting.

... --- ...
    Certainly, and thank you. Is it your own creation?

At your leisure of course.
  2. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    10 Apr '05 17:09
    Originally posted by Coletti
    That would probably be the best way to describe my belief system. And I consider the [b]Westminster Confession of Faith to be the most accurate description of Christianity.

http://www.opc.org/documents/WCF_chapters.html

P.S. But I think Ivanhoe might be a Orthodox Nudist. 😀[/b]
    I guess I have not read this particular confession of faith. Please give any history on it, imparticular who wrote it, when etc.

Thanks,
    Una
  3. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    10 Apr '05 19:47
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    christianity would get my vote if it could answer

Why can I only find one sock from a pair at any given time

What is the purpose of a mustache

Why do Americans say 'I want to go to the bathroom' when what they really want is a toilet; even worse 'the rest room', if they pee in my bedroom (where I rest) I'll be livid and never invite them round again
    Hey Aardy, get ready to vote!

The sock thing is due to entropy. The first law of thermodynamics states that all systems break down. Information is lost, not gained. Order tends toward disorder. One sock wanders off while the other is left to torment its owner. (Did you look behind the dryer? Or out in the freezer?)

The purpose of a mustache is to look cool! This is why you never look at a woman and say 'she looks cool'. You might say, she looks 'hot', but that is obviously the exact opposite of cool. Now a guy with a beard may BE hot, but not look hot, and a girl with a mustache, or a beard will neither be hot nor cool, only yucky! (Boy, you'd think some of these things would be self-evident to chess players!)

While your third question should be "Why do Whalesians say things like 'livid' and 'invite them round again' (as if their friends are only round, and not square, because they invited them to be), I will ignore that problem and move on.

Americans have a problem with euphemisms. We can be quite foul mouthed and crude sometimes, but when we're around non-mustachioed woman we use euphemisms, trying to be nice, but instead reveal a doublemindedness. I invite you all around to join my group SOPHOMORE, a little gathering I created years ago, and hope to have a member any day now.
    Check it out:
    S tudents
    O rganization for the
    P rotection of
    H armless but
    O rnery
    M alaprops and the
    O mission of
    R ecurring
    E uphemisms

By the way, I heard a story about a young guy who came home drunk one night and thought he was in the bathroom until his mother woke up and found him peeing in her wastebasket! I think that she, too, was livid!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree