1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '10 11:43
    Originally posted by Agerg
    This one is more for those who genuinely believe in the literal account of the garden of Eden

Given that this sin was that which instantiated the inherent sin within us all, (and required the act of God 'sacrificing' himself for the benefit of all humankind) then one should assume that this was in some way, an evil (or if you prefer, a *not good*) act.

A ...[text shortened]... d they know it was evil (or not good) to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil??? 😕
    to Aqerq

your thinking power, could be put to better use, because there is no adam & eve, no tree of knowledge, no serpent, and no garden of eden, its all goobly gook.

cheers visvahetu
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    06 Jun '10 16:36
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I will not quote the Bible. But the significance of [b]eating is that something gets into the being and becomes a part of you.

What you should understand about the eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is that a foreign element entered into man. Something became a part of his constitution, his make up, which was a corrupting element. ...[text shortened]... in eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

That's all for this post.[/b]
    Satan is a very important aspect of Jaywill's belief system. Those who find the basic biblical teaching hard to absorb will be thoroughly bemused by Jaywill's elaborate thinking about Satan, his powers, and about the activities of demons, fallen angels and the like. I am not quite sure how close he comes to the early "heresy" to the effect that there are two Gods, one good and one evil, though I assume he considers that God created Satan, will ultimately overthrow Satan and is therefor more powerful; except that Jaywill has occasional worries on this score.
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Jun '10 22:19
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    to Aqerq

your thinking power, could be put to better use, because there is no adam & eve, no tree of knowledge, no serpent, and no garden of eden, its all goobly gook.

cheers visvahetu
    ...because there is no adam & eve, no tree of knowledge, no serpent, and no garden of eden...
    As far as I'm concerned there isn't but then I'm not engaging with people who share my convictions :]
    I asked this question to examine the feasibility of the proposal on offer. So far theists have come up short.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree