1. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 13:25
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Ok, Does the Bible say to pray to God only through Christ?
    Here are 2 verses. You interpret it how you like.
    Personally, I try to do what the Bible says. If I cant then I dont go adding other things to try to make up my shortfall.

MT 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and HIM ONLY shalt thou serve.

1TIM 2:5 For there is one God, and one MEDIATOR between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 13:31
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Here are 2 verses. You interpret it how you like.
    Personally, I try to do what the Bible says. If I cant then I dont go adding other things to try to make up my shortfall.

MT 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and HIM ONLY shalt thou serve.

1TIM 2:5 For there is one God, and one MEDIATOR between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
    That's good. The Catholic Church neither worships Mary nor denies that Jesus is the one mediator.

So, does the Bible say to pray to God only through Christ?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 13:42
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    That's good. The Catholic Church neither worships Mary nor denies that Jesus is the one mediator.

So, does the Bible say to pray to God only through Christ?
    You are trying to justify the Catholic approach to prayer.

Catholics pray to Mary or, through Mary. Either way it is not supported in the Bible.

I knew you were going to do that hence the reason why I told you that I personally try never to add to my beliefs things that are not clearly stated in the Bible. If you are serious about salvation its a dangerous practice to add to the Bible.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 22:32
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You are trying to justify the Catholic approach to prayer.

Catholics pray to Mary or, through Mary. Either way it is not supported in the Bible.

I knew you were going to do that hence the reason why I told you that I personally try never to add to my beliefs things that are not clearly stated in the Bible. If you are serious about salvation its a dangerous practice to add to the Bible.
    The idea that the saints can intercede for those on earth is biblical:

"the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and with golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints" (Rev. 5:8).

"[An] angel came and stood at the altar with a golden censer; and he was given much incense to mingle with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar before the throne; and the smoke of the incense rose with the prayers of the saints from the hand of the angel before God" (Rev. 8:3–4).

I suppose it only follows that people should pray to saints, who in turn can intercede with their prayers.

And I am not serious about salvation. I just think it is moronic to accuse Catholicism of polytheism with the reasons you gave.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree