1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 May '13 14:18
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    what attitude? Seriously what are you people reading?

I honestly dont know what you mean, I was merely disagreeing with your proclamation, and I'm not the only one. THe whole Buddhist movement repeatedly highlights the need to think for oneself.

Oh, and I really don't believe in 'Satan' the way you do.
    I think it safe to say 'rubbish' is too weak a word to describe all this utter BS.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 May '13 17:04
    Originally posted by Taoman
    "Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.

"When the soul lies down in that grass
    the world is too full to talk about."

“If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirro ...[text shortened]... t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.”
    Most koans sound to me much like "the sound of one hand clapping" which is basically nothing. Certainly not enough to base a religion on, unless your religion is based on nothing.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jun '13 15:031 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Most koans sound to me much like "the sound of one hand clapping" which is basically nothing. Certainly not enough to base a religion on, unless your religion is based on nothing.
    But you miss the point. ALL religions are based on nothing. Nothing supernatural for SURE. Just pithy sayings written down by talented writers with an agenda and now billions of people fall for it hook line and sinker.

Like your precious concept of original sin. Lovely way to trap the innocent and keep them in the power of the religious elite.

Or the idea that a god, infinitely more powerful, more wise, more intelligent, full of grace and all that rot, would set up a situation where major religions are diametrically opposed to one another where each religion claims to be the ONE true religion and now they are allowed to kill people of other religions based on religious dogma.

Or that same so-called god, being so ultra advanced compared to mere humanity would set up a system whereby its ego needs scratching continuously by humans and those that don't it puts those humans, apparently by the billions, in a place where they are tortured and burned forever?

Can't you see the ridiculous nature of all of those concepts. That is not what a real god would be about.

And OF COURSE you will pull out the 'So now you claim to know the mind of god' card. That is not a valid argument, that is just saying YOU know the mind of a god MUCH better than a mere unbelieving infidel who is obviously destined to be damned to hell and burn forever.

I say BS and more BS. There is no such hell and there is no such bible god or Quran god or Jewish god, just crap made up to control unruly populations and with the added side benefit of just oh so conveniently putting men on the top of the ruling roost.
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    01 Jun '13 15:37
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh well these are not koans😵
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '13 16:04
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    what attitude? Seriously what are you people reading?

I honestly dont know what you mean, I was merely disagreeing with your proclamation, and I'm not the only one. THe whole Buddhist movement repeatedly highlights the need to think for oneself.

Oh, and I really don't believe in 'Satan' the way you do.
    Seriously what are you people reading?

I am reading, Deformity: an Essay by William Hay Esq. Written in 1754.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jun '13 21:21
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Oh well these are not koans😵
    But they are koan-like. The generic-ness and topic of nothing is the same.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jun '13 21:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    But you miss the point. ALL religions are based on nothing. Nothing supernatural for SURE. Just pithy sayings written down by talented writers with an agenda and now billions of people fall for it hook line and sinker.

Like your precious concept of original sin. Lovely way to trap the innocent and keep them in the power of the religious elite.

Or the ...[text shortened]... he added side benefit of just oh so conveniently putting men on the top of the ruling roost.
    Surely I cannot give your view much credence, based as it is on an adult hatred that they were scared stiff as a child with religious ideation. Yes, many people as children have had instances of "religious abuse" and were forever driven away from the true love of God. Come to peace within yourself and see through the hatred. Let it go, and come to inner growth. You're still stuck on page one and can't get past it. Use your mind and conquer your illogical religious programming. Isn't that normally your stance? See it for what it is, the flip side of the same coin.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree