1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 03:52
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    I was reading the bible since I have a lot of time, and I was wondering whether or not people in the bible are different races since the bible makes no mention of the race of everyone in it.

So my question is what race do you think people in the bible are?

NOTE:I'm impartial on this, and not suggesting any kind of racial supremacy.....
    Here are some pictures:

http://tinyurl.com/2gzxc

They look maybe Chinese to me, but without the epicanthic fold around the eyes.
  2. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 04:12
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Here are some pictures:

http://tinyurl.com/2gzxc

They look maybe Chinese to me, but without the epicanthic fold around the eyes.
    See, this proves that the Bible and evolution aren't mutually exclusive. Clearly it took further generations to evolve fingers, knees, and elbows!
  3. Earth
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 05:15
    I was reading the bible since I have a lot of time, and I was wondering whether or not people in the bible are different races since the bible makes no mention of the race of everyone in it.

NOTE:I'm impartial on this, and not suggesting any kind of racial supremacy.....
    Every time I see a picture of Jesus and His followers, they all look Blond and blue eyed. I am going to say they were all white, probably Americans, and even though it is not in the picture, I am sure they carried American flags.
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 05:241 edit
    Aside, from the possibility of Moses’ wife, Zippporah, being Ethiopian, there is this from the Song of Songs—

1:5 I am black and beautiful, O daughters of Jerusalem, like the tents of Kedar, like the curtains of Solomon.

Hebrew: sh’chorah ani v’navah—literally, “black I am and beautiful.” sh’chorah is a feminine, singular adjectival form of sh’chor, “blackness” (this is one of the few words in my Hebrew dictionary that has a single definition).

5:10 is the woman speaking of her beloved, and the words translated (in NRSV) as “radiant and ruddy” are tzah, dazzling, clear, glowing and adom, red or reddish.

So she is “black and beautiful” and he is “radiant and ruddy.”
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 07:03

Well it all depends on whether you take the bible literally word for word.
    If you believe that characters like Adam or Noah existed then surely they were a unique race of their time as all people today are either descended from them (or were some people created separately?).
    Even if say Noahs skin was black you would not say his race was African as both the African and European races would have descended from him.
    But of course all of this conflicts with many creationist arguments against evolution so they often refuse to discuss it.
  6. Joined
    17 Mar '07
    Moves
    15 Apr '07 00:59

The people/families referred to in the old testament are mainly from northern african and central-asian descent, those referred to in the new testament are mostly of Greek/Roman descent; but the letters from Paulus for example are adressed to many different (religious) communities in Africa, Arabia and Europe...
  7. Standard memberjimmyb270
    Top Gun
    Angels 20
    Moves
    15 Apr '07 01:45
    Jesus was a black man
    No Jesus was Batman
    No, no, no, no, not at all
    That was Bruce Wayne

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree