Raised from the dead

Raised from the dead

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A

Moves
28 Jun 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
So you are still alive if you are medically "dead" for more than 24 hours?
Medically dead for 24 hours is not 'near death'. Near death is almost dying

Moves
28 Jun 05

Originally posted by Alpha10
Medically dead for 24 hours is not 'near death'. Near death is almost dying
Thank you. So I actually then the person I am refering to was dead.

TP
Leak-Proof

under the sink

Moves
28 Jun 05

This seemed like a good place to toss this story out:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15739502-13762,00.html

Moves
28 Jun 05

Originally posted by The Plumber
This seemed like a good place to toss this story out:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15739502-13762,00.html
I'd like to see them do that after 24 hours of death.

L

Moves
28 Jun 05

Do you know of anybody that has been raised from the dead? If so, do they talk about what they have experienced?

Btw: I know somebody that was dead and was brought back to life. Everything that she relates is identical to that which the Bible teaches about the afterlife. I was just interested to know if an atheist has ever been raised from the dead.
as many others have already pointed out, the person is not 'brought back to life'; he merely keeps on living. why do you think you can properly distinguish between being raised from the dead and just appearing like you are dead even though you are still alive? medical doctors fail to make this distinction surprisingly often. how many people have been buried alive unintentionally?

Moves
28 Jun 05
1 edit

Originally posted by LemonJello
as many others have already pointed out, the person is not 'brought back to life'; he merely keeps on living. why do you think you can properly distinguish between being raised from the dead and just appearing like you are dead even t ...[text shortened]... ly often. how many people have been buried alive unintentionally?
So you think that there is a difference between a person that is medically declared dead and buried and a person that is medically declared dead and is raised from the dead? Or do you only say that the person who was medically declared to be dead and raised from the dead was not actually dead because they declare that they saw Heaven and Hell and were sent back to life to warn the people about the afterlife?

I now see why Abraham said the following to the rich man: Luke 16:31 - And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Jun 05
1 edit

So you think that there is a difference between a person that is medically declared dead and buried and a person that is medically declared dead and is raised from the dead? Or do you only say that the person who was medically declared to ...[text shortened]... neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
A million buck reward is awaiting your proof of such a supernatural event, dj2becker.

http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

L

Moves
28 Jun 05

So you think that there is a difference between a person that is medically declared dead and buried and a person that is medically declared dead and is raised from the dead? Or do you only say that the person who was medically declared to be dead and raised from the dead was not actually dead because they declare that they saw Heaven and Hell and were sent ...[text shortened]... ar not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
i am not saying any of that. what i am saying is that i simply don't believe your assertion that you know someone who was 'raised from the dead', and i further would be shocked if you could offer any hard proof to support your claim.