1. Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 01:12
    I create my own personal reality through my thoughts and beliefs. Anyone agree with this?
  2. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 01:18
    Originally posted by Evey Hammond
    I create my own personal reality through my thoughts and beliefs. Anyone agree with this?
    Yes, I definitely agree. I believe good and wonderful things are instore for my wife and I. We expect them. We are grateful for the 14 years of blissful marriage that we've enjoyed!
  3. Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 01:20
    Originally posted by Stregone
    Yes, I definitely agree. I believe good and wonderful things are instore for my wife and I. We expect them. We are grateful for the 14 years of blissful marriage that we've enjoyed!
    To expect good things is so wise, I think. 🙂
  4. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 02:03
    Ah, you're giving away my age, I think! 🙂
  5. Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 02:11
    Originally posted by Stregone
    Ah, you're giving away my age, I think! 🙂
    With age comes wisdom?
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 08:46
    With age comes wisdom?
    i know some pretty dumb old-people
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 08:47
    if you expect bad things, it wont hurt when bad things happen and when good things do happen, youll feel really good.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 13:222 edits
    Yes and no. For example, what you believe influences how you process data and how you process data determines how you will try and live your life. For example, the two thieves who died on the cross next to Jesus were both criminals and condemned to die. Both knew Jesus who was dying along with them and both knew who he was proported to be. However, only one reached out in faith to him because he believed him to be who he said he was and the other thief cursed him and mocked him saying, "If you be the Son of God get us the @#@@ down from here!" Both men were in the same position and processing the same data yet we have different outcomes.

However, no matter what the two thieves thought pro or con as to who Jesus was, the deeper reality of who Jesus was could never be changed based upon what they thought. He either was or was not the Son of God. Either they had a shot of eternal life through Christ or they did not. No thought from either thief could change these realities.
  9. Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 00:06
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    if you expect bad things, it wont hurt when bad things happen and when good things do happen, youll feel really good.
    Perhaps, but for me, expecting bad things only led to anxiety. Yes, there will be good and bad, for lack of better terms; I just hope to be able to handle the bad to the best of my ability and to thorougly savor the good.
  10. Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 00:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes and no. For example, what you believe influences how you process data and how you process data determines how you will try and live your life. For example, the two thieves who died on the cross next to Jesus were both criminals and condemned to die. Both knew Jesus who was dying along with them and both knew who he was proported to be. However, only o ...[text shortened]... fe through Christ or they did not. No thought from either thief could change these realities.
    But they were processing the data based on their deeply personal beliefs. One thief was truly remorseful for his misdeeds, while the other was not.

As for Jesus being the source of eternal life, yes, the one thief may have simply been afraid of death...but this follows his thoughts and beliefs. Perhaps the other thief did not believe eternal life was even possible.

Interesting...thx.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree