1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 11:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I did say that 😕
    No, there's a big difference between "the Christians here" and "THOSE Christians here".

The first group includes me. The second group does not.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 11:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    josephw's debate-and-discussion cowardice in the face of the 'torturer God' ideology and its proponents here is unmatched in this community.
    His stance I particularly don't understand because if he is unsure on whether the teaching is correct and yet feels that believing in it is not necessary for salvation, then my view is why bother with it at all.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 11:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, there's a big difference between "the Christians here" and "THOSE Christians here".

Yes, I see your point.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 11:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, even though she so often bends over backwards (in a sometimes breathtakingly cowardly and principle-free way) to NOT to break ranks with the " 'hang 'em out in chains of eternal punishment by the god of perfect love" crowd, she DID replace the word "the" with "those" as she peeps over the parapet on this thread.
    And as for you, I'm sorry, but it is not a measure of myself as a Christian, nor as a person, to come up to YOUR standards in any way, so while you might think that I'm stunned that you call me "cowardly" or "principle-free", it doesn't exactly even rise to the level of insult that you think it does.

So, if you think you're piercing me through with your comments, think again. You're going to have to try a LOT harder than this. What you've done here is somewhat akin to what I feel when someone like googlefudge or Zahlanzi calls my God a "genocidal maniac". It's not exactly "earth-shattering" to me. Just extremely ill-informed.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 11:36
    So, if you think you're piercing me through with your comments, think again.
    I don't see myself as "piercing" anything. I am just telling you what I think of your posting record when it comes to the noxious 'torturer God' ideology.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 11:41
    And as for you, I'm sorry, but it is not a measure of myself as a Christian, nor as a person, to come up to YOUR standards in any way, so while you might think that I'm stunned that you call me "cowardly" or "principle-free", it doesn't exactly even rise to the level of insult that you think it does.
    I actually do think posters like you and josephw exhibit cowardice and a lack of principle in your forum behaviour on this 'torture' issue ~ josephw more so than you. I imagine if someone wanted to insult you, they'd call you a coward in a situation where it was overly harsh, unfair or perhaps even not true. By contrast, I am simply offering my candid penny's worth.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 14:24
    Of course not.

But the reason I wanted to watch this at all is so that I might be able to see for myself if I actually agreed with Ron or not about these specific reasons. After all, if this video is saying "One reason Christianity is true is because Christianity says that the moon is made of green cheese", then I would have to say "no, that is NOT a re ...[text shortened]... I mean? I want to see if these "reasons" hold water or not. THAT is why I wanted to see this.
    Please do though give Hinds 'brutal' feedback after you have watched it. (If the 20 reasons include such things as the moon being made of green cheese or the recent discovery of photographic evidence of Noah building the Ark). Otherwise, if Hinds thinks people are watching his links, he will just post even more of them.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 15:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    20 Reasons Christianity Is True

[youtube]XH2sqRACIQc[/youtube]
    This is really interesting Ron....I am only at 20 minutes, but will definitely be back....Thank you...

BTW, how do you post the link in that format?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 23:041 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    This is really interesting Ron....I am only at 20 minutes, but will definitely be back....Thank you...

BTW, how do you post the link in that format?
    You put the part of the link after = between the youtube brackets.

For more examples, click on Site FAQ and look under the heading:

In order to create links you should enter the following codes when writing your message/post:

The ID is that part of the link after the = sign.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 23:20
    For the record I hate those links.

I like a full link where I can see exactly what it is I am clicking on.
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 23:312 edits

I assure you Suzianne that your belief in a big old battle set to take place within your own lifetime, on the plains of Megido waged by Satan's minions and God's angelic hordes, guarantees you a seat at the table of THOSE Christians.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 01:59
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Please do though give Hinds 'brutal' feedback after you have watched it. (If the 20 reasons include such things as the moon being made of green cheese or the recent discovery of photographic evidence of Noah building the Ark). Otherwise, if Hinds thinks people are watching his links, he will just post even more of them.
    I've told Ron before that he's not exactly doing rational Christians any favors by posting his rather fanatical views here. Of course this was also before I was made aware that there are other Christians here who believe as he does. I still consider these YECS to be among the far right fringe, but I have been made aware that these people are an embarrassingly high percentage of mainstream Christians.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 02:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    I actually do think posters like you and josephw exhibit cowardice and a lack of principle in your forum behaviour on this 'torture' issue ~ josephw more so than you. I imagine if someone wanted to insult you, they'd call you a coward in a situation where it was overly harsh, unfair or perhaps even not true. By contrast, I am simply offering my candid penny's worth.
    I've said all I'm going to say on this topic.

Your opinion has been noted... and discarded.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 02:02
    I've told Ron before that he's not exactly doing rational Christians any favors by posting his rather fanatical views here.
    Do you think posters here like sonship and Grampy Bobby (and RJHinds too, for that matter) are "...doing rational Christians any favors by posting [their] rather fanatical views" about their version of the Christian God figure who supposedly tortures non-believers for eternity?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 02:031 edit
    Your opinion has been noted... and discarded.
    It's odd that you would think I'd feel a need for your agreement or approval for an observation like the one I made. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree