1. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    29 May '15 05:465 edits
    We must understand how regeneration is entirely different from baptismal regeneration. The words salvation, save, saved, shall be saved, regeneration, and baptism should be understood properly in accordance with the scriptures.
    Baptismal regeneration, generally, it is the teaching that the grace that causes a person to be born again is imparted at the time of baptism and through baptism, not necessarily at the time of believing. We do not teach baptismal regeneration.
    “Being saved” is like walking with two legs. Believing in Christ is one leg and being baptized is the other. To complete your initial step into God’s kingdom you need both.

Read more: http://holdingtotruth.com/.../do-i-need-to-be-baptized.../
    “Believes” is only the first half or leg of this step and “baptized” is the second half or leg to complete the step. We should not have one foot in the kingdom of God and the other in the kingdom of Satan. (Just to clarify, salvation in the Bible is not just a matter of being spared from eternal perdition, of being saved from going to hell, to be saved from the lake of fire.)

Yes, to be spared from God’s condemnation, believing in Christ is sufficient (Mark 16:16b). But to “be saved from this crooked generation, the God-forsaking world, baptism is also needed (Acts 2:40-41). This is like the children of Israel enslaved in Egypt. They needed not only the Passover to deliver them from God’s death judgment executed on Egypt. Their applying the blood of the lamb to their doorposts, satisfied God’s righteous requirement. However, they still needed to make an exodus from Egypt, signifying the world that opposes God and enslaved His people. Then they had to cross the Red Sea signifying baptism in order to be separated from the tyranny of Pharaoh, so that they might be free to serve the Lord (Exodus 8:1).

Read more: http://holdingtotruth.com/.../do-i-need-to-be-baptized.../
    To obtain the divine life; thus be regenerated and to be saved from the lake of fire is by merely through believing, not baptism (Jn 3:16, 18; 3:36; 5:24; 6:47, 53-53; Rom. 5:9; 1 Thes. 1:10). Salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone (Eph. 2:5, 8). Whereas to be saved from this crooked and perverted generation, termination of our old man, and to be separated from the world is through baptism alone (Exo 13-14; Acts 2:40-41; Rom. 6:3; 1 Cor. 10:1-2).
    "To be REGENERATED and enter into the kingdom of God we need not only to REPENT and BELIEVE that we may receive God’s life through the Holy Spirit, but also to practice baptism that everything of ourselves may be TERMINATED by the water of BAPTISM
    (Truth Lessons, Level One, Volume three, p. 96 © 1986 Witness Lee)
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 May '15 07:292 edits
    Originally posted by kevinlee123
    We must understand how [b]regeneration is entirely different from baptismal regeneration. The words salvation, save, saved, shall be saved, regeneration, and baptism should be understood properly in accordance with the scriptures.
    Baptismal regeneration, generally, it is the teaching that the grace that causes a person to be born again i ...[text shortened]... r of BAPTISM
    (Truth Lessons, Level One, Volume three, p. 96 © 1986 Witness Lee)
    [/b]
    If I recall, Witness Lee was very strong on the matter of baptism in the Truth Lessons books.

You know John 3:3-6 makes so much sense to me now.

1.) To see the kingdom of God we must be born again. (v. 3)

2.) To not only see the kingdom but to also enter into the kingdom we must be born of the Spirit and terminated through our death and resurrection WITH Christ in the reality of baptism (v.5).

Notice one verse speaks of SEEING.

"Jesus answered and said to him, Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless one is born anew he cannot see the kingdom of God." (v.3)

And the other verse speaks of ENTERING.

"Jesus answered, Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. " (v.5)
  3. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    29 May '15 10:37
    Originally posted by sonship
    If I recall, Witness Lee was very strong on the matter of baptism in the Truth Lessons books.

You know [b]John 3:3-6
    makes so much sense to me now.

2.) To not only see the kingdom but to also enter into the kingdom we must be born of the Spirit and terminated through our death and r ...[text shortened]... is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. " (v.5) [/b] [/quote][/b]

2.) To not only see the kingdom but to also enter into the kingdom we must be born of the Spirit and terminated through our death and resurrection WITH Christ in the reality of baptism (v.5).

Amen.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree