1. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 14:47
    Could/should you leave your partner whom you love, If you felt they didnt love you ?
  2. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 15:05
    Originally posted by celticcountry
    Could/should you leave your partner whom you love, If you felt they didnt love you ?
    I could and have. Whether you could is dependent upon how strong you are. Whether you should is indeterminate, given the information you provided. If your partner is abusive, for instance, then you should probably leave. If you have children that will be made destitute by your leaving, then you probably shouldn't. But, barring these sorts of cases, if you have good reason to believe that your partner doesn't love you, and that this is neither merely some temporary hiccup in the relationship, nor an instance of mistaking the cooling of passion for a lack of love, then you should probably leave.
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 15:24
    Originally posted by bbarr
    I could and have. Whether you could is dependent upon how strong you are. Whether you should is indeterminate, given the information you provided. If your partner is abusive, for instance, then you should probably leave. If you have children that will be made destitute by your leaving, then you probably shouldn't. But, barring these sorts of cases, if you ...[text shortened]... stance of mistaking the cooling of passion for a lack of love, then you should probably leave.
    Good to have you back Bennett.
  4. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 15:35
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Good to have you back Bennett.
    Hey Liam, great to see you again. I hope you're doing well. How'd your term end up?
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 16:101 edit
    But, barring these sorts of cases, if you have good reason to believe that your partner doesn't love you, and that this is neither merely some temporary hiccup in the relationship, nor an instance of mistaking the cooling of passion for a lack of love, then you should probably leave.
    But what if you're just in it for the good sex - if you're not seeking love in return? Need mutual love be a normative prerequisite for a relationship in which one party loves the other? Can't a nice rack substitute for the returned love?
  6. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 16:24
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    But what if you're just in it for the good sex - if you're not seeking love in return? Need mutual love be a normative prerequisite for a relationship in which one party loves the other? Can't a nice rack substitute for the returned love?
    If you're just in it for the good sex, then you aren't in love, so your question is irrelevant.

Of course mutual love isn't necessary for having a relationship in which one party loves the other. Did I claim otherwise?

I do think that it is overwhelmingly likely that relationships characterized by mutual love will be more rewarding and fulfilling than those wherein one's love is unrequited.

A nice rack both can and has substituted for returned love, as any number of strip joint owners can attest.
  7. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 16:321 edit
    bbarr .

you are correct. I want my love returned. its all or nothing.
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 16:34
    Hey Liam, great to see you again. I hope you're doing well. How'd your term end up?
    Yeah, it's great, i'm really enjoying the course. You'll be pleased to know that I reasessed my standpoint following your comments. I still argued against your points, but I realised my stance needed clearer and more stable, I got an A- 🙂
  9. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 16:58
    Originally posted by celticcountry
    bbarr .

you are correct. I want my love returned. its all or nothing.
    How long have you been with your partner, if you don't mind me asking?
  10. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 16:58
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Yeah, it's great, i'm really enjoying the course. You'll be pleased to know that I reasessed my standpoint following your comments. I still argued against your points, but I realised my stance needed clearer and more stable, I got an A- 🙂
    Well done!
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 19:29

Of course mutual love isn't necessary for having a relationship in which one party loves the other. Did I claim otherwise?

I do think that it is overwhelmingly likely that relationships characterized by mutual love will be more rewarding and fulfilling than those wherein one's love is unrequited.
    Where have you been? Off getting a degree in couples' therapy?

I thought you had gone home to Jesus.
  12. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 19:35
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Where have you been? Off getting a degree in couples' therapy?

I thought you had gone home to Jesus.
    Jesus and I had a difference of opinion regarding his putative divinity, and now we're not on speaking terms. That, and his hygene was atrocious, blood everywhere and all. I went to Poland, came back, started teaching, switched dissertation topics. It's been hectic.
  13. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 19:52
    Jesus and I had a difference of opinion regarding his putative divinity, and now we're not on speaking terms.
    Give it some time. You might just be experiencing a cooling of the Passion of the Christ.
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 00:091 edit
    If you're just in it for the good sex, then you aren't in love, so your question is irrelevant.

I do think that it is overwhelmingly likely that relationships characterized by mutual love will be more rewarding and fulfilling th h can and has substituted for returned love, as any number of strip joint owners can attest.
    There are "temple" prostitutes that serve a neccesary function in the Old Testament.
  15. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 17:41
    How long have you been with your partner, if you don't mind me asking?
    it would have been 3 years if we reached october.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree