Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

  1. Standard member Ringtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    09 Mar '05 01:04
    I think it has caused a few war too.

    It is funny how something that is to connect human kind can be so destructive and cause such divisions.

    RTH
  2. Standard member Darfius
    The Apologist
    09 Mar '05 01:15
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    I think it has caused a few war too.

    It is funny how something that is to connect human kind can be so destructive and cause such divisions.

    RTH
    Let's just nip this in the bud before it gets wild.

    Atheism as a code of beliefs has killed far more people.

    I won't pursue this further if you will not. I'll even let people call Catholics Christians if it will end this before it begins.
  3. Standard member telerion
    True X X Xian
    09 Mar '05 01:28
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    I think it has caused a few war too.

    It is funny how something that is to connect human kind can be so destructive and cause such divisions.

    RTH
    I think you're on to something. Darfius is about to let a whole host of heathens into heaven to keep this little secret under the rug.
  4. 09 Mar '05 01:32
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    I think it has caused a few war too.

    It is funny how something that is to connect human kind can be so destructive and cause such divisions.

    RTH

    This is not about religion, this is about secular bigotry, about harrassment, about arrogance, about people trying to chase away people, about lying, about secular hypocrisy, about degrading people, about insulting people, about accusing people of being anti-semites, about accusing people of being racists, about cowardice.

    Thàt's what this is all about. If you think the wrapping is the substance you are mistaken.
  5. 09 Mar '05 01:33
    Originally posted by telerion
    I think you're on to something. Darfius is about to let a whole host of heathens into heaven to keep this little secret under the rug.

    ontzettende kletsmeier.
  6. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    09 Mar '05 01:35
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Let's just nip this in the bud before it gets wild.

    Atheism as a code of beliefs has killed far more people.

    I won't pursue this further if you will not. I'll even let people call Catholics Christians if it will end this before it begins.
    I'll even let people call Catholics Christians if it will end this before it begins.


    Hey, Ivanhoe, you're in!! Congratulations!
  7. Standard member Darfius
    The Apologist
    09 Mar '05 01:42
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I'll even let people call Catholics Christians if it will end this before it begins.


    Hey, Ivanhoe, you're in!! Congratulations!
    Divide and conquer, eh?

    So far I haven't seen Ivanhoe bow to a statue of Mary like the Pope did, but I HAVE seen him say Jesus Christ is Lord and rose from the dead literally.

    To me, until I see otherwise, he's a Christian, just in the wrong church.
  8. Standard member frogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    09 Mar '05 02:03
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Divide and conquer, eh?

    So far I haven't seen Ivanhoe bow to a statue of Mary like the Pope did, but I HAVE seen him say Jesus Christ is Lord and rose from the dead literally.

    To me, until I see otherwise, he's a Christian, just in the wrong church.
    And now Ivanhoe you get to deny your church and be "saved".
    maybe you should re-evaluate who is contending against your church. you know the true meaning of anti-christ. Join the battle Ivanhoe it's you they want. Reject Darfius and his bull god of war and return to the Prince of Peace.
  9. Standard member telerion
    True X X Xian
    09 Mar '05 02:05
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

    This is not about religion, this is about secular bigotry, about harrassment, about arrogance, about people trying to chase away people, about lying, about secular hypocrisy, about degrading people, about insulting people, about accusing people of being anti-semites, about accusing people of being racists, about cowardice.

    Thàt's what this is all about. If you think the wrapping is the substance you are mistaken.
    Canadian Ambassador:"the fuss is aboot taking our citizens! it's aboot not censoring our art! it's aboot... it's aboot... what's so goddamn funny?"
    Other Ambassador"nothing, nothing. could you tell us again what the argument is all... ABOUT?"
    Canadian Minister of Movies:"This is not aboot diplomacy, this is aboot dignity! this is aboot respect! this is aboot..."
    (other ambassadors laughing hysterically)"


    I love that movie South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut
  10. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    09 Mar '05 02:24
    This reminds me of Bowling in a league. You see....

    A league is comprised of many several different teams. These teams are in direct competition, and need to share the bowling alley. Sometimes you have more than a couple teams that are very obnoxious to play against, and sometimes those teams play against each other in direct competition and things can get ugly.

    Name calling, poor manners... trying to say things just to get the other bowler a little shook before his next throw. These teams might even become a problem for the league as a whole.

    You see, if these teams can't take it upon themselves to act civilized, the league it's self might need to consider getting rid of both teams and moving on 2 teams short.

    This usually only happens on Friday nights, in the drinking league. Tuesday night is money night, a bit more professional.

    Mr. 700
  11. 09 Mar '05 02:30
    Originally posted by telerion
    Canadian Ambassador:"the fuss is aboot taking our citizens! it's aboot not censoring our art! it's aboot... it's aboot... what's so goddamn funny?"
    Other Ambassador"nothing, nothing. could you tell us again what the argument is all... ABOUT?"
    Canadian Minister of Movies:"This is not aboot diplomacy, this is aboot dignity! this is aboot respect! t ...[text shortened]... ors laughing hysterically)"


    I love that movie South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut

    It's all right Telly ....... just finish your milk, eat your cookies and take your medication. All is well ........
  12. Standard member Joe Fist
    Troubador
    09 Mar '05 05:56
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    This reminds me of Bowling in a league. You see....

    A league is comprised of many several different teams. These teams are in direct competition, and need to share the bowling alley. Sometimes you have more than a couple teams that are very obnoxious to play against, and sometimes those teams play against each other in direct competition and things c ...[text shortened]... ghts, in the drinking league. Tuesday night is money night, a bit more professional.

    Mr. 700
    A great deal of wisdom here. Leagues are comprised of many different teams - some are cordial, others are not. The key, as Mr.700 brilliantly pointed out, is that they are all attempting to do the same thing...just bowl well.

    Please don't take this as sarcasm but more as a metaphor. I imagine many could probably find a more suitable metaphor but, as a bowler, this works for me. Bowling is one of those things that can give one a feeling of zen, if done well. The last bowler on each team is called the "anchor" and is usually the strongest bowler. On my league, this is my role and aside from trying to be consistent with my play, I also attempt to encourage my other teammates to "stay the course".

    Many things can be used as a metaphor. I'm sure there's one that works for all of us.
  13. Standard member Mayharm
    the Mad
    09 Mar '05 10:16
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Let's just nip this in the bud before it gets wild.

    Atheism as a code of beliefs has killed far more people.

    I won't pursue this further if you will not. I'll even let people call Catholics Christians if it will end this before it begins.
    It's not atheism that you're refering to, or at least atheism in and of itself has never yet been the instigation of anything other than "mild" conflict...

    You're either refering to "heathens", which does not automatically mean atheists, or materialism, which as a philosophy is only vaguely linked to atheism. Materialism is certainly a contender with religion at any rate.

    I think you're letting anger guide your hand here, maybe you ought to nip that in the bud?

    MÅ¥HÅRM
  14. Standard member Ringtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    09 Mar '05 15:39
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

    This is not about religion, this is about secular bigotry, about harrassment, about arrogance, about people trying to chase away people, about lying, about secular hypocrisy, about degrading people, about insulting people, about accusing people of being anti-semites, about accusing people of being racists, about cowardice.

    Thàt's what this is all about. If you think the wrapping is the substance you are mistaken.
    This pretty much sums up why wars start because of religion. One side thinks theirs is the only way, the other thinks theirs is. One side thinks they are the moral right, and so does the other. Nobody is right, and nobody is wrong. I was not attacking you or your religion, sorry if you feel that I did. I am not siding with anyone. It is just the same old story, just in a smaller scale.



    RTH
  15. Standard member Darfius
    The Apologist
    09 Mar '05 15:40
    Originally posted by Mayharm
    It's not atheism that you're refering to, or at least atheism in and of itself has never [b]yet been the instigation of anything other than "mild" conflict...

    You're either refering to "heathens", which does not automatically mean atheists, or materialism, which as a philosophy is only vaguely linked to atheism. Materialism is certainly a conte ...[text shortened]... k you're letting anger guide your hand here, maybe you ought to nip that in the bud?

    MÅ¥HÅRM[/b]
    Nope. I think I know what it is I'm refering to, since I refered to it.

    It's atheism.

    And I'm not angry at all...whatever do you mean?