1. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 01:04
    I think it has caused a few war too.

It is funny how something that is to connect human kind can be so destructive and cause such divisions.

RTH
  2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 01:15
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter

It is funny how something that is to connect human kind can be so destructive and cause such divisions.

RTH
    Let's just nip this in the bud before it gets wild.

Atheism as a code of beliefs has killed far more people.

I won't pursue this further if you will not. I'll even let people call Catholics Christians if it will end this before it begins.
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 01:28

RTH
    I think you're on to something. Darfius is about to let a whole host of heathens into heaven to keep this little secret under the rug.
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 01:32

RTH

This is not about religion, this is about secular bigotry, about harrassment, about arrogance, about people trying to chase away people, about lying, about secular hypocrisy, about degrading people, about insulting people, about accusing people of being anti-semites, about accusing people of being racists, about cowardice.

Thàt's what this is all about. If you think the wrapping is the substance you are mistaken.
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 01:33
    Originally posted by telerion
    I think you're on to something. Darfius is about to let a whole host of heathens into heaven to keep this little secret under the rug.

ontzettende kletsmeier.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 01:35
    Originally posted by Darfius

I won't pursue this further if you will not. I'll even let people call Catholics Christians if it will end this before it begins.
    I'll even let people call Catholics Christians if it will end this before it begins.

Hey, Ivanhoe, you're in!! Congratulations!
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 01:36

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 01:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 01:42
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I'll even let people call Catholics Christians if it will end this before it begins.

Hey, Ivanhoe, you're in!! Congratulations!
    Divide and conquer, eh?

So far I haven't seen Ivanhoe bow to a statue of Mary like the Pope did, but I HAVE seen him say Jesus Christ is Lord and rose from the dead literally.

To me, until I see otherwise, he's a Christian, just in the wrong church.
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 02:03
    Divide and conquer, eh?

So far I haven't seen Ivanhoe bow to a statue of Mary like the Pope did, but I HAVE seen him say Jesus Christ is Lord and rose from the dead literally.

To me, until I see otherwise, he's a Christian, just in the wrong church.
    And now Ivanhoe you get to deny your church and be "saved".
    maybe you should re-evaluate who is contending against your church. you know the true meaning of anti-christ. Join the battle Ivanhoe it's you they want. Reject Darfius and his bull god of war and return to the Prince of Peace.
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 02:05
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

This is not about religion, this is about secular bigotry, about harrassment, about arrogance, about people trying to chase away people, about lying, about secular hypocrisy, about degrading people, about insulting people, about accusing people of being anti-semites, about accusing people of being racists, about cowardice.

Thàt's what this is all about. If you think the wrapping is the substance you are mistaken.
    Canadian Ambassador:"the fuss is aboot taking our citizens! it's aboot not censoring our art! it's aboot... it's aboot... what's so goddamn funny?"
    Other Ambassador"nothing, nothing. could you tell us again what the argument is all... ABOUT?"
    Canadian Minister of Movies:"This is not aboot diplomacy, this is aboot dignity! this is aboot respect! this is aboot..."
    (other ambassadors laughing hysterically)"

I love that movie South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 02:24
    This reminds me of Bowling in a league. You see....

A league is comprised of many several different teams. These teams are in direct competition, and need to share the bowling alley. Sometimes you have more than a couple teams that are very obnoxious to play against, and sometimes those teams play against each other in direct competition and things can get ugly.

Name calling, poor manners... trying to say things just to get the other bowler a little shook before his next throw. These teams might even become a problem for the league as a whole.

You see, if these teams can't take it upon themselves to act civilized, the league it's self might need to consider getting rid of both teams and moving on 2 teams short.

This usually only happens on Friday nights, in the drinking league. Tuesday night is money night, a bit more professional.

Mr. 700
  13. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 02:30
    Originally posted by telerion
    Canadian Ambassador:"the fuss is aboot taking our citizens! it's aboot not censoring our art! it's aboot... it's aboot... what's so goddamn funny?"
    Other Ambassador"nothing, nothing. could you tell us again what the argument is all... ABOUT?"
    Canadian Minister of Movies:"This is not aboot diplomacy, this is aboot dignity! this is aboot respect! t ...[text shortened]... ors laughing hysterically)"

I love that movie South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut

It's all right Telly ....... just finish your milk, eat your cookies and take your medication. All is well ........
  14. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 05:56
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    This reminds me of Bowling in a league. You see....

A league is comprised of many several different teams. These teams are in direct competition, and need to share the bowling alley. Sometimes you have more than a couple teams that are very obnoxious to play against, and sometimes those teams play against each other in direct competition and things c ...[text shortened]... ghts, in the drinking league. Tuesday night is money night, a bit more professional.

Mr. 700
    A great deal of wisdom here. Leagues are comprised of many different teams - some are cordial, others are not. The key, as Mr.700 brilliantly pointed out, is that they are all attempting to do the same thing...just bowl well.

Please don't take this as sarcasm but more as a metaphor. I imagine many could probably find a more suitable metaphor but, as a bowler, this works for me. Bowling is one of those things that can give one a feeling of zen, if done well. The last bowler on each team is called the "anchor" and is usually the strongest bowler. On my league, this is my role and aside from trying to be consistent with my play, I also attempt to encourage my other teammates to "stay the course".

Many things can be used as a metaphor. I'm sure there's one that works for all of us.🙂
  15. Standard memberMayharm
    the Mad
    Jupiter
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 10:16

It's not atheism that you're refering to, or at least atheism in and of itself has never yet been the instigation of anything other than "mild" conflict...

You're either refering to "heathens", which does not automatically mean atheists, or materialism, which as a philosophy is only vaguely linked to atheism. Materialism is certainly a contender with religion at any rate.

I think you're letting anger guide your hand here, maybe you ought to nip that in the bud?

MÅ¥HÅRM

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree