1. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 15:39
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

This is not about religion, this is about secular bigotry, about harrassment, about arrogance, about people trying to chase away people, about lying, about secular hypocrisy, about degrading people, about insulting people, about accusing people of being anti-semites, about accusing people of being racists, about cowardice.

Thàt's what this is all about. If you think the wrapping is the substance you are mistaken.
    This pretty much sums up why wars start because of religion. One side thinks theirs is the only way, the other thinks theirs is. One side thinks they are the moral right, and so does the other. Nobody is right, and nobody is wrong. I was not attacking you or your religion, sorry if you feel that I did. I am not siding with anyone. It is just the same old story, just in a smaller scale.

RTH
  2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 15:40
    Originally posted by Mayharm
    It's not atheism that you're refering to, or at least atheism in and of itself has never [b]yet been the instigation of anything other than "mild" conflict...

You're either refering to "heathens", which does not automatically mean atheists, or materialism, which as a philosophy is only vaguely linked to atheism. Materialism is certainly a conte ...[text shortened]... k you're letting anger guide your hand here, maybe you ought to nip that in the bud?

MÅ¥HÅRM[/b]
    Nope. I think I know what it is I'm refering to, since I refered to it.

It's atheism.

And I'm not angry at all...whatever do you mean?
  3. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 15:43
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Let's just nip this in the bud before it gets wild.

Atheism as a code of beliefs has killed far more people.

I won't pursue this further if you will not. I'll even let people call Catholics Christians if it will end this before it begins.
    When has atheism been the cause of mass deaths? Time and places please - and we (the "atheists" will match you one for one (one atheism related "war" or mass death to one religious one).

You first, it is WAY to easy to find religious wars...

4. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 15:53
    Originally posted by Alcra
    When has atheism been the cause of mass deaths? Time and places please - and we (the "atheists" will match you one for one (one atheism related "war" or mass death to one religious one).

You first, it is WAY to easy to find religious wars...

I am already entered into a debate with Starrman for this. I will not spam the forum. If you'd like, send suggestions to him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree