1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '12 18:09
    Can I do anything i want, to anyone/thing i'd like and ask for 'forgiveness' for my sins the day before i die and still get into 'heaven'?
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    30 Jan '12 18:21
    depends on the religion.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '12 19:27
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Can I do anything i want, to anyone/thing i'd like and ask for 'forgiveness' for my sins the day before i die and still get into 'heaven'?
    No!
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '12 19:28
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    depends on the religion.
    There is only ONE WAY to get to heaven and that is through Christ the Lord.
    😏
  5. England
    Moves
    30 Jan '12 19:28
    no you will be held to account for your actions, then if your name is held in the book you will be forgiven .. but do you know the day your to die
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '12 20:18
    NO................however.

To return to the spiritual world you must love God.....in truth.

If you truly love God you will not sin at all.

Sin will repulse you.
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    30 Jan '12 20:51
    There are two major schools of thought on this issue in the Christian church. One school of though is called Calvinism, and they essentailly believe they constantly sin and must ask forgiveness all the time. The other school is called Holiness Doctrine, and they believe once they accept Christ, they must and do eventually quit sinning. If they sin they repent just as most Christians do, but in my experience they deny they sin when caught red handed. I am more inclined toward Calvinistic thought, but I feel it is my obligation to do the very best I can not to sin. I fall far short of that goal though.
    My definition of sin is willfull disobedience to God's laws. 😉
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 01:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    😏
    that's the way to the christian heaven. there are other heavens and other ways to get to those other heavens.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 02:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    😏
    So you could grow up planning to be a Hitler, planning way ahead of time to conspire to kill millions of innocent people, then in accordance with the plan, come to accept your Christ, and thus be entered into heaven?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 03:09
    As far as my main impression of christianity , (and this exact question was asked in "religious studies" 😛 class when we were about 11-12 yrs old ), yes!!

That's what the man told us and I can tell you it was one of the most interesting classes I had that year I attended that year.

Suddenly it went wrong to the guy out front. We were under the impression that as long as we asked for forgiveness before you died, then you would get to heaven.

"Cool!!" said the guy that asked the question, " we can go out and do what we like and just before a car hits us we can really quickly say "please forgive me god" , and we will get to heaven. Lol!! You just had to be there. (this was nearly ad verbatim of what my classmate asked).

BTW, nice to have you have a venture into the spirituality forum again Trev 🙂
    Especially since you 'specka tha tooth' 😉
    Not that I ever doubted it ...
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 03:13
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you could grow up planning to be a Hitler, planning way ahead of time to conspire to kill millions of innocent people, then in accordance with the plan, come to accept your Christ, and thus be entered into heaven?
    Yes!!!

Remarkable !! if you ask me ...
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 05:171 edit
    If you are Christian, then you, yourself, get your sins forgiven, you feel relieved, and you are assured of a place in heaven. You can do anything you like and still get to heaven though you will feel some guilt and feel the watchful eye of God on you.
    Everyone else however must be punished for their sins and when you see people sinning you must caution them about their future in hell should they continue down the current path. How else can we keep the world under control? Without the threat of divine judgement everyone would go around killing and raping each other.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 05:26
    You have the same prospects as anyone.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 15:24
    the honest answer is we(theists) cannot know. there is a lot of uncertainty.

from my viewpoint as a christian i am a fan of the forgiveness that jesus gives. i would like it that, if the regret is sincere, forgiveness be given. i however cannot conceive that should a serial killer repent he would go to heaven while a muslim or atheist doctor who saved countless lives be given eternal damnation.

how about another possibility? there is no heaven and hell, we all get to the afterlife where the level of enjoyment you experience depends on the growth you achieved in this one?
    there is nothing to be gained by having someone damned for eternity. at the very most, someone gets to suffer some discomfort for a given length of "time" according to how bad he did in life.
  15. Joined
    25 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 22:25
    This is a dangerous question in that you are assuming that you will have opportunity to "ask for forgiveness" before you die. Unfortunately, there is no guarentee of this and thus for you to follow this plan is to play roulette with your eternity.

The simple answer is no.

The only way to enter the presence of God (which is what heaven is) is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone, as told in the Scriptures alone, to the glory of God alone. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh unto the Father except by me." (John 14:6) You then will say, well then I will ask forgiveness of Jesus just before I die and then I will be able to get into heaven. Unfortunately, that is not the way it works: again Jesus said, "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:44)

Before you say this God you serve is cruel (because he must call you before you can be saved) and I would not want to be with Him eternally anyhow, know this: "... [God is] not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9) God will offer to each person the opportunity to accept His method of salvation. You must [/b]then[/b] - at that time - make the choice to accept or to reject. He is after all God, why should He be subject to your timetable (or mine for that matter)?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree